SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry Exhumes Bush MIA Story - Kelley (AP)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone,

I suggest you go to www.polipundit.com to understand what Kerry is doing. This reeks of desperation. Swing and Bush voters will not be swayed by this story. It is old news and nothing new is being revealed. This is why CNN and MSNBC aren't touching it.

However, it will remind Dems why they hate Bush...and that is what this story is trying to do. If you look at the latest internals, Kerry is bleeding Dem (base) support at an alarming rate. According to the latest only 82% of the Dems support Kerry...and it is dropping. That sounds good until you compare it with the 94% (!!) of the GOP (base) that support Bush.

In short, this is pure damage control on Kerry's part.

Truth is Beauty
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Integrity wrote:
Rather off topic but best article I've read responding to this clap trap

Integrity...'tis true, an excellent debunking of the spin from the left on Bush's service but, I hasten to add, his depth of knowledge on Kerrylore is painfully slim, so much so that I was wondering what on EARTH you were touting in this article.

Inre Kerry...first he offers:

Quote:
So many of the so called "facts" and accusations are rolling around out there that unless one has made a very careful study of the actual facts , it's almost impossible to sort out the truths from the untruths. I have made such a study because it was in effect forced upon me (a point I will get to later on).

Then THIS, in which he appears to be oblivious to the critical element of circumstance:

Quote:
The only question that comes to my mind (Me#1: even after a very careful study of the actual facts?) is, did Kerry's injuries actually warrant Purple Hearts? In the Army, a Purple Heart was generally not put in for unless the wound required considerable attention.

I knew many fellow soldiers who had slight shrapnel or "splinter" wounds (wounds made by objects sent flying by mortar or artillery fire) that were little more than scratches. I myself had one such wound. In the unit I was in, the First Brigade of the Fourth Infantry, you would have been laughed at for claiming a Purple Heart for anything insignificant.

But Kerry was in the Navy, and perhaps they had different criteria. In any case, it seems to me his Purple Hearts are legitimate.

Then, the coup de grace...THIS? Shocked

Quote:
Of his medals, the question is harder to answer, and the answers may never be known. I can only say that two Silver Stars and one Bronze Star in the short four months Kerry served in Vietnam are quite extraordinary.

YIKES! Mr. Groom's standards for "very careful study", at least in the muck of Kerrylore, are interesting indeed.

Fortunately, he redeemed himself somewhat in debunking the AWOL canard.
Kathy Kay
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't this resurgence (or attempted resurgence) of interest in Bush's military record be used as a springboard for public requests of Kerry to release his entire record?
jrsdad
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kathy Kay wrote:
Can't this resurgence (or attempted resurgence) of interest in Bush's military record be used as a springboard for public requests of Kerry to release his entire record?

Indeed.

I have been wondering what the best direction to go on the next ad, and focussing on the release of records seemed the best.

One of the general fictions touted by the MSM to "disprove" the contentions of the SBVFT is that the "records" support Kerry. This is coupled with a repeated claim that "Senator Kerry has released all of his records."

This last may well be true - he never said who he released them to. It may have been his campaign staff, who threw up their hands in horror.

Can you educate the public in 30-second sound bites? If done well and repeated often. Hammer home the missing paperwork.

Not sure if William Schachte would be willing to do a commercial, but one focussed on the 1st PH would be good. Requirements for a PH, description of incident, lack of paperwork, Dr. Letson, Grant Hibbard.

When Bush was attacked early in the year over his ANG records, no mention was made of Kerry's. If we get any good sound bites from the Kerry campaign about Bush's records being incomplete, it sets up a commercial.
Misty
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An act of desparation. We just have to stay on message and ignore their ridiculous attempts to change the subject.
Brother was on the USS Regulus - Vietnam
Husband was AirForce 3rd (34th) Tactical Fighter Wing - Security Police Bien Hoa Vietnam
vietnamvet173
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Misty wrote:
An act of desparation. We just have to stay on message and ignore their ridiculous attempts to change the subject.

You are so right, they are trying to change the subject. Stories like this are presented to create Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt (FUD). This is an AP story and that should explain why it is negative.

While most of us have been asleep at the wheel Kerry's real band of brothers (and sisters) have infested our universities and been very busy for years brainwashing our youth in the fine points of propaganda (formally called journalism and history), political correctness (formally called the social sciences) and Hate and Blame American First (formally the humanities).

Most of these people at the AP, Reuters, the LA & NY Times, MSNBC, CNN and the rest of the mainstream media have been taught that they and only they have been anointed with the truth. They have been taught that the rest of us are ignorant people in need of enlightenment. They have been taught that they have a duty to educate us. They have been taught that in today’s world it is the responsibility of Journalists to explain the news not just to report it. They have been taught to lie by omission and selective presentation of the facts.

Think about how many times the leftists in the news, media, academia, government and activists speak of educating the people. They don’t mean it in the sense of going to school. They mean it in the sense of China reeducation camps and the political correctness of the former Soviet Union. The point of this AP story is not news but propaganda with a purpose that is to undermine the reelection bid of George W. Bush.

If it were not for Alternate media such as talk radio, cable news and most of all the Internet John Kerry would be the next president. Have no doubt about that. Think of this time without Drudge, without Fox News, without WorldNet Daily, without townhall.com and most of all without Swift Boat Veterans for Truth.

I believe this election is the most important of our lives. If Kerry wins the leftist, view of the Vietnam War stands. If Kerry wins it means validation of the Hate America First and Blame America First philosophies.

If Bush wins than the left loses and we have a chance of Renaissance of Thought in the US. Perhaps we will experience a rebirth of our culture where “Hate and Blame America First” is not the overwhelming theme of a leftist media and educational system.
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From article by Byron York in February 2004 National Review Online:

"The records indicate that, despite his move to Alabama, Bush met his obligation to the Guard in the 1972-73 year. At that time, Guardsmen were awarded points based on the days they reported for duty each year. They were given 15 points just for being in the Guard, and were then required to accumulate a total of 50 points to satisfy the annual requirement. In his first four years of service, Bush piled up lots of points; he earned 253 points in his first year, 340 in his second, 137 in his third, and 112 in his fourth. For the year from May 1972 to May 1973, records show Bush earned 56 points, a much smaller total, but more than the minimum requirement (his service was measured on a May-to-May basis because he first joined the Guard in that month in 1968).

Bush then racked up another 56 points in June and July of 1973, which met the minimum requirement for the 1973-74 year, which was Bush's last year of service. Together, the record "clearly shows that First Lieutenant George W. Bush has satisfactory years for both '72-'73 and '73-'74, which proves that he completed his military obligation in a satisfactory manner," says retired Lt. Col. Albert Lloyd, a Guard personnel officer who reviewed the records at the request of the White House......

.....Now the evidence is public; anyone who is interested in learning about Bush's service can do so. In the end, the president had the facts on his side. But he also had the good fortune to have the allegiance of men who feel so intensely about the Guard and their service that they wanted to speak out even if the White House didn't seem to care. Men like Campenni and Harmon were deeply offended when Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry equated Guard service during the Vietnam War with fleeing the country or going to jail. That was simply too much. "I'm not a Bushie," says Harmon. "The thing that got a few of us crawling out from under a rock, at no instigation from the White House, was that Guard service was being portrayed as being like a draft dodger."

http://www.nationalreview.com/york/york200402180840.asp

***Case Closed***

I made a copy of this article and carry it with me. Whenever I am talking to someone who says Bush was AWOL, I pull it out and have them read it. Usually the response is, "Gee, I never heard about this!"
Misty
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!
Brother was on the USS Regulus - Vietnam
Husband was AirForce 3rd (34th) Tactical Fighter Wing - Security Police Bien Hoa Vietnam
openfish24
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 2:07 am    Post subject: Who is Lt. Col. John Calhoun? Reply with quote

Lt. Calhoun is the person who handled the sign in sheets while George Bush performed his duties in the Alabama National Guard. This is the time by the way when Terry Mcauliffe says George Bush was awol. Lt. Calhoun is reporting that he remembers George Bush reporting for his drills.

Lets get back to talking about the the traitor John Kerry.

Pete Bartow
USMC 75-80
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
debinNC
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 3:26 pm    Post subject: "Bush Guard Service, the True Story" Reply with quote

http://www.chronwatch.com/content/contentDisplay.asp?aid=9259
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Article!!! Gordon Bloyer has really put it all together.

Answers every Question the Kerry attack dogs have been throwing out there.

Thanks for the Link!!!
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They will ignore the facts (assuming that they will see them, which is a big assumption).

The DU crew is salivating over the AWOL/Barnes/TANG thing.
one more captins mast
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 8:18 pm    Post subject: "sick" weavers of gold clothing Reply with quote

These "things" who rush toward the Dark Side, and into the

arms of the Demons HAVE SEEN KERRYS RECORD, THEY KNOW HOW

LOW HE GOES, THEY KNOW THE LIES, THEY KNOW THE "PARASOMINIA"

THEY KNOW THE DICTIONARY ON "EMBLISHMENT" , THEY KNOW

THE PRINCE FOR WHO THEY WEAVE STANDS NAKED BEFORE ALL

BUT THEY ARE SO SICK THEY LIKE THE LOOK AND YET THEY

TRY TO SELL OUR COUNTRY THIS "THING"
nickb
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 6:15 am    Post subject: Re: Here we go again Reply with quote

farmgirl wrote:
Remember the Tuesday before Election and Bush's drunk driving record of what? 25 years or 30 years ago and the press made it the biggest story! I am nervous about the press because I think they like to "make" a good race by reporting stories that are not news and making them news due to their own agenda. I mean, look at Dean's scream when they wanted him out. I disagree with everything Dean stands for but he got screwed. The press, I feel, is just waiting for Bush to peak so they can enjoy taking him down. What a sad world we live in and this isnt' communism? Pretty dam pathetic. ...thank god this election now has Fox News which will report the truth. We need more conservative weathly people to buy television studios and publishing newspapers Smile

the reporter who researched and wrote that ended up being fired from the paper, and they sat on it for a while before they released it. it was a blethen newspaper.
rhv5862
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:54 pm    Post subject: Bush MIA Reply with quote

Remember Kerry now has Carville giving him advice. Carville says only giving advice not working for Kerry Campaign. The truth will be ignored by the new group of Kerry advisors. They will continue to say and do anything to win this election. The thing about this story is it was all looked at months ago and the press lost interest because it was going no where. There is nothing new in what they are now saying.

RHV
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: