SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SwiftVets need computer animations to help sell their case
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LimaZulu
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regardless of the subject, how it is presented can often change the receptivity of the veiwer. That is what I believe the folks on this thread are endorsing, not the specific message.

Just as an illustration, NOT that I buy into its message, here is a link to a well put together flash animation.

http://pixla.px.cz/pentagon.swf

I repeat, I do not buy into the conspiracy theory that it is trying to sell. It does however make for an interesting veiwing. This is primarily because of the pacing of the editing. (that editor needs to get a real job) This work is pretty simple stuff compared to the talent and tools we have available here.

LZ
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

debewley wrote:

I disagree.

Not with me. You're arguing a point I never made.

MY point is (and please note IMO disclaimer) that SBVT will probably not be about the business of re-conceptualizing their media approach at this point in the process, though your argument might have the collected wisdom of the ages as it's rationale.

Nor do I think, however, there will be any lack of third party enthusiasm for what's being suggested...I just doubt you'll see it emanating from SBVT. I certainly might be wrong though.
Misty
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brother was on the USS Regulus - Vietnam
Husband was AirForce 3rd (34th) Tactical Fighter Wing - Security Police Bien Hoa Vietnam
Integrity
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good Misty. That is precisely the point.

What he and his co-conspirators did can never be forgiven, but has undoubtably been forgotten, and for millions it never existed, they have no knowledge.

If elected he will do it again.

But he must be made to pay for what he did 33 years ago.
BenDeR
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I suggested what I was doing in another thread I made it clear (I hope) that this effort would likely need to be done seperately from the SBVFT. I see it as a tool that all the patriots posting here and elsewhere can use to debunk the MSM every time they distort the truth. If the SBVFT ever indicated that they had an interest in my work, I would give it to them freely. If the SBVFT suggested that somehow my work was in conflict with theirs, I would defer to them in a heartbeat and cease. Untill such time as I hear either way I will continue putting something together. I see it as nothing more than a starting point. I will encourage aggressive analysis, suggestion and hopefully direct participation.

Regardless of what feedback or help I get, I feel that this is something I can do to help destroy that traitor and I will continue.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"
Capt. Lloyd Williams, USMC
BenDeR
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW...for size comparison I thought about superimposing a PCF over a double wide mobile home. The average mobile home is 55 X 25 feet. Should make a good visual. Just a thought.

Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, using a double-wide, or a bus, for a size comparison is a very good idea. Gives the viewer a good insight into how easy it would be to hit one at 50 yards. Lots of people don't have any idea what a Swift boat even looks like.
BenDeR
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was in boot I put 6 of 10 in the black at the 500 meter line. JFgK thinks he can tell a story about snipers not hitting ANYONE for a period lasting at least 10 minutes............implausible.
It's all about the graphics. I do have one little problem. I'm a detail guy, not a graphics guy. Truth be told I need 3 instuments just to draw a straight line. Any graphics peeps here, I could use your help.

sevry
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BenDeR wrote:
When I was in boot I put 6 of 10 in the black at the 500 meter line. JFgK thinks he can tell a story about snipers not hitting ANYONE for a period lasting at least 10 minutes............implausible.
It's all about the graphics. I do have one little problem. I'm a detail guy, not a graphics guy. Truth be told I need 3 instuments just to draw a straight line. Any graphics peeps here, I could use your help.

If you're bound and determined, I would recommend avoiding flash. The courtroom sims would use the same products used for motion picture f/x. You can get some on the web, for free download trial, even. You create a 3D set of models. You have a separate rendering engine. You probably have a separate motion engine. And it would be a series of canned film clips, not interactive.

Again, O'Neill would know who to contact, and which firm's work he has liked the best over his years. For someone else to do it might be fine, but you run the same risk as the Wash Post with their graphic, of getting some details wrong. Then you have to present a multiple series of clips. And it could get confusing and bulky.
igor
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM (Private Message) me if you want a copy of the original Fireworks file that you can modify.
BenDeR
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Igor, my placeholder graphics look just like yours LOL.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: