SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

the greatest flip flop of all time!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kyleparr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a Virginian. Trust me, Gilmore and Allen could not get enough of the guy. He was the republican candidate for Senate. Like he is some kind of hero.

Ollie North is a felonious piece of crap.
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyleparr wrote:
He was the republican candidate for Senate. Like he is some kind of hero.

For what it's worth, most of my family is from Virginia.

Being a candidate for the Senate (or any other office...) does not qualify anyone as anyone's hero.

Can you tie this to John Kerry, or are you just defending yourself? I agree with you, up to a point, about North, but to be honest I find it hard to accept some of your other stated beliefs and positions.

For instance, do you believe it should be impossible for an American citizen to fight for an enemy of the United States and be declared, without a hearing, an "enemy combatant"?
BrianC
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As expected Kyleparr, when I provided what you were asking for - FACTS about the corruption of the clinton administration- you changed the subject, pointing the finger in a complete different direction, and making a lame attempt at trying to point out the spec in someone else's eye while ignoring the plank in the eye of the clinton administration.

How very typical. Your debate skills are nonexistent.

By the way, this forum is about John Kerry and his lies. The guy is no more suited to lead the most powerful republic in the world than the man in the moon.

PS:
Did you bother looking up the name Maria Hsia?
kyleparr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that giving that kind of power to one person is extremely dangerous. Hell, under the current executive branch position, Bush, could declare me and John Kerry enemy combatants and throw us in prison without any due process.

Are you familiar with the case of Jose Padilla? He had no gun. He was a US citizen on US soil when he was arrested. They say he had a bunch of plans for a dirty bomb and such. He may well, have, but he is still and AMERICAN CITIZEN and needs to be protected by the constitution!!! Otherwise, who else can have their rights taken away???? This scares the crap out of me!

I believe ALL American Citizens are entitled to the protections of our constitution, whether I agree with their views or activities or not.
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kyle,

I was referring specifically to Padilla. If he had those plans on him, then he's an enemy combatant; he's not entitled to the rights of an accused criminal - that's an entirely different case and falls under different laws.
BrianC
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you familiar with the case of Jose Padilla? He had no gun.

Neither did the 20 who brought down the towers.

So what's your point?
PhuCat to Phu Quoc
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyleparr wrote:
The Republican party has aliented me, a 38 year old, white, episcopal male with 2 kids and a professional career with its religious fervor, homophobia...

Just two quick points Kyle. (1) You used the contrived word -"homophobia"- a popular pseudophobia. Would you reject "homophobia" in favor of "dislike of sodomites"? Or, words to that effect? (2) Your posts read like boilerplate from a MoveOn.org seminar in how to annoy ordinary Americans with gray propaganda.
kyleparr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far Scott, the Federal Court of Appeals agrees with me, not you and your totalitarian adminstration. We will see what the Supreme Court says.
BrianC
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kyle, What would you do with any American citizen who takes up arms against the United States?
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyleparr wrote:
YES. I will take the race card and put it in the hands of the liberals.

Why stop there?

Play the social security card. Tell all the old people those bad ol' Republicans are going to do away with SS.

Let's not forget the rich against the poor card, too. We must have a class war to make this scenario complete.

You know what...I think you may have lied when you said you voted for Bush.

You caught the lingo of the far left way to fast to be so new at it.

Last edited by carpro on Thu Jun 10, 2004 3:00 am; edited 1 time in total
BrianC
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kyleparr posted:

Quote:
Dubya is that same, except he is a huge liar. He tells us the "vast majority of the tax cut is for the lower income people" and "weapons of mass destruction" and never admits he was wrong or that he said it to politic.

Pointing out Kyleparr's lies:

1) Please provide at least one article from any source that truthfully quotes President Bush (the way you have here) where he has claimed that the "vast majority of the tax cut" was intended for lower income people.

I'll save you the time: You cannot, because President Bush never said it was for "lower income people". If you knew diddly squat about our economy, you'd know that very few people that are "lower income" pay any taxes at all!

2) President Bush, in his 2003 State of the Union address, was very specific on the matter of WMD. What he said was:

Quote:
Some have said we must not act until the threat is imminent. Since when have terrorists and tyrants announced their intentions, politely putting us on notice before they strike?

If this threat is permitted to fully and suddenly emerge, all actions, all words and all recriminations would come too late. Trusting in the sanity and restraint of Saddam Hussein is not a strategy, and it is not an option.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/01/28/sotu.transcript.8/

.Let's stop calling each other names!
kyleparr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrianC, my point is that Jose Padilla is an American Citizen entitled to due process under the constitution. I do not think the Founding Fathers had the idea of people picking and choosing who enjoyed the protections. Especially paranoid sociopaths like Ashcroft.

No, I am not going to accept "dislike of sodomites". HOMOPHOBIA is a real word. It is also a real problem for people that oppose gay marriage and have been divorced three times. HYPOCRITE is a real word too.

ho·mo·pho·bi·a ( P ) Pronunciation Key (hm-fb-)
n.
Fear of or contempt for lesbians and gay men.
Behavior based on such a feeling.

As for the DNC fundraising thing, she actually never spent any time in jail, much to the chagrin of the right and the joy of the Clinton conspiracy theorists. I am sure they were up to no good. I do not dispute it. I also posted a document about Bush's own Taiwan fundraising connection. Those in glass houses!!

BrianC, this was all as a result of your "I do not recall" thing. You have never responded to the fact that it originated with the administration of Iran-Contra and that they were killing peple with their lies. Hardly a Buddhist temple in Iran or in front of a Death Squad. But, I can't recall.
BrianC
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not think the Founding Fathers had the idea of people picking and choosing who enjoyed the protections.

Ha!

The Founding Fathers fought against tyranny. Go pick up a history book and find for yourself how TRAITORS to the then-fledgling country were treated. Most were hanged. Some were simply shot.

As for your claims about the "I don't recall", YOU seem to have forgotten that you requested some evidence of corruption in the clinton administration. I provided one concrete example - the algore fundraising in the Buddhist Temple in Hacienda Heights, California.
YES - it was adjudicated - Maria Hsia did jail time over it. algore had his protector, Janet Reno take care of any investigation into his wrongdoing in it.
He claimed to not know it was a fundraiser. If that 's the case, man was far too stupid to be a heartbeat away from the presidency.

But you laughed it off. Apparently you think it's just fine for Chinese communists to be influencing our elections in this country. I find that thinking to be disgusting.
BrianC
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the rest of the story that the mainstream media has yet to report. On Feb. 6, U.S. District Court Judge Paul Friedman finally handed Hsia her sentence: a puny 90 days of home detention and three years of probation, along with a fine and assessment of $5,300.

Yep - sure enough, she never spent a day in jail.
And I'm a "conspiracy theorist", hmm? She was CONVICTED by a federal jury in Washington, D.C., of five felony counts related to more than $100,000 in illegal contributions to Democratic candidates. The stash included $65,000 in straw donations, which Hsia had funneled through clueless, non-English-speaking monks and nuns the day after Vice President Al Gore's 1996 visit to the Hsi Lai Buddhist Temple in Southern California.

$65,000 in donations, but algore "didn't know it was a fundraiser", even though he was THERE.

The fact that you find humor in it and claim it's some "Republican conspiracy theory" is beneath contempt.
kyleparr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK BrianC -

the exact quote, from George "You Talking to Me?" Bush on Larry King Live, on Feb 15, 2000 was...

Quote:
"By far, the vast majority of my tax cuts go to those at the bottom of the spectrum"

...so, who is at the bottom of the spectrum? did he mean the RICH people at the bottom of the spectrum? What did he mean. Please explain.

===========================================

As for the WMD's

The evidence--or lack of evidence--continues to mount suggesting that Bush and his aides made false statements about Iraq's weapons of mass destruction before the war. Remember all that alarmist rhetoric? In an October 2002 speech, Bush said Iraq had a "massive stockpile" of weapons of mass destruction. Vice President Dick Cheney claimed "there is no doubt that Saddam Hussein now has weapons of mass destruction...that he is amassing them to use against our friends, against our allies, and against us." In his famous presentation to the United Nations Security Council, Secretary of State Colin Powell declared, "Our conservative estimate is that Iraq, today, has a stockpile of between 100 and 500 tons of chemical weapons agent."

Uhhh...am I still the liar? One speech does not a Presindetial Liar make, however lots of speeches by him and his cronies do!!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: