SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Naval Archives
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billman
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go, go, go! Just don't stuff anything into your pants or socks on the way out.
LiveFreeOrDie
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LiveFreeOrDie wrote:
I think you guys should organize a team and designate a team leader to function as point person and coordinator. Team members can be assigned roles and tasks. If need be you can even have sub-teams. If new people come on board they can be asssigned roles.

Follow up: I think it makes sense to have NavyChief be the team lead, or else someone with basic project management skills. Just my $.02
pwcarter
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teams are fine but don't invade the Historical Center with the Russian Army. FInd out how many people they will accept and go in and copy whatever you can and then distribute it to a team to read everything. IF there is only one copy machine available you can only copy one document at a time.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Folks, I don't want to dampen your enthusiasm, but research for "Unfit for Command" included many hours in the archives. Perhaps tho, as NavyChief says, something else might turn up re-examining them.
LiveFreeOrDie
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NavyChief:

I should have clarified. I know you are not in Washington and did not expect you to go, but you could still be the coordinator, as you are most knowledgeable on what needs to be done.

What say you?
BrianC
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 boxes of Kerry files?

Just FOUR?

PFFFFTTT. That's chump change.

Go see what the FBI has in their records on the illustrious Komrade Kerry.

http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8738
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NavyChief wrote:
ashter wrote:
Just sent a message to Hannity for his help.

NavyChief, can you send him all the specific information he needs. I would volunteer to go on leave and get this stuff for you all, but I live in California....

From the questions and answers session with the archivist at Naval Archives, it sounds like they put it all together already. They had a Vietnam Vet who used to work for them, piece it together. The archivist said the boxes are full of messages and loose-leaf information about Kerry and his units in Coastal Division 13 and 11 for 1969. I can guess about what it is we need but I'd really need all of it -- there are always clues and facts in those documents you wouldn't think meant anything.

- instigator

How much will it cost to get you to and from D.C.? I suppose you have friends you could stay with. Let us know.
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is so exciting! So glad some of you guys can get there and some of you will know what it all means and be able to make some sense out of those documents. I don't know anyone's financial situation, but is money needed to reimburse for the copies? I'm disabled, but would be glad to send a few bucks to help cover some of it.... a few dollars from here and there will add up.... 30 cents a copy is very expensive! I'm thinking 4 boxes would be hundreds of documents... or am I wrong on that?
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:37 am    Post subject: Holy Smokes! 4 Boxes of Kerry files Reply with quote

Navy wife wrote:
...Yes, we need to make an appointment and yes, we need to be organized....

Sorry I cannot be there but it seems to me with 4 boxes, you need 4 appointments for 4 squads.
sevry
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NavyChief wrote:
Thanks -- but NavyChief is in Texas and CINC NavyChief hasn't given him a kitchen pass to leave the area Cool

- instigator

Something may pop-out, as someone suggested. It certainly sounds worth the trouble. I know if I were back east, I'd be there tomorrow, seriously, sitting down to pour through the records. But I would also expect to see many familiar documents. The full command chronologies might be interesting, just by themselves. I don't believe report of damage to the 3 boat on the 13-14 was found, to date. That might be there. Of course, originals of the awards certificates, documentation to support all PH, and so on. Just takes someone to actually do it.
fanningp
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is someone still going or did you decide it wasn't worth it?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
one more captins mast
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 2:52 pm    Post subject: "post are being moved around a lot Reply with quote

a post here one day another place another

they have atty in the deal and its getting

very "legal" on the Swiftboat site you can never

tell what may offend one of the "adm" etc.

or they let something like this run for a day or two

and then come on and say , na na goo goo we

did this last year, "That was not a nice thing to

do to Navy Chief.

no telling what is going on,

(Admin note - aj, it's not a matter of what will offend Admin. It's a matter of first, running by the founder's requests and second, not showing a hand too soon. Thanks, EJ)
fanningp
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chief, from this ex-DP1, I salute you and your efforts. Congrats on the retirement and I hope you get everything done.

I also salute the efforts of all those who are out there now putting their time and effort into making sure nothing escapes the microscope.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SAFVet
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chief -

I can't express too strongly how much I appreciate the time and effort you have put into your researches in this forum and elsewhere. Without your expertise and willingness to take risks, we would not be anywhere near our current state of knowledge about JK's duplicity. Please keep up the good work!

Congratulations on a successful career!

Best regards,

SAFVet
cccalligan
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:43 pm    Post subject: Kerry's Naval Reserve Obligation Reply with quote

BRAVO ZULU, Navy Chief!

With all of this crap about President Bush not fulfilling his Air National Guard obligations, why has no one seriously investigated John Kerry’s apparent failure to satisfactorily complete his USNR Ready Reserve obligations? Even Unfit for Command gives him a pass on this.

The Contract for Officer Candidate Program (OCS) signed by John Kerry on 18 February 1966 stated, in part:

"The Obligor agrees to serve a total period of six years in the Naval Reserve of the United States Navy, including active and inactive duty. [i.e. through 18 February 1972]

"The Obligor agrees that, on completion of active duty, he will remain in the Ready Reserve if eligible therefore. Service in the Ready Reserve will be for a period which, when added to his active duty, will total five years. Upon completion of five years of satisfactory service on active duty and in the Ready Reserve [i.e. on 18 February 1971] , he will be eligible for transfer to the Standby Reserve and, if he applies, he will be transferred to the Standby Reserve for any remaining portion of his service obligation.

"The Obligor understands that the provisions of law require satisfactory participation in the Ready Reserve unless relieved of such participation by competent authority or as otherwise provided by law. Such participation may be satisfied annually by not less than 48 drills and not more than 17 days active duty for training, or an alternative of 30 days active duty for training, or other appropriate Reserve training as may be authorized. Failure to carry out prescribed training may subject him to involuntary call to active duty for not more than 45 days."

On 3 January 1970 John Kerry was released from Active Duty (early, and at his own request) and transferred to the Ready Reserve (USNR-R). At this time he was obligated to begin satisfying his lawful “satisfactory participation” requirement for the next 13 months and 15 days - i.e. until 18 February 1971. There is no documentation whatever offered on Sen. Kerry’s website which either: (1) claims he was ineligible for participation in the Ready Reserve; (2) claims he was relieved of his Ready Reserve drilling/training obligations by competent authority; or (3) claims that he fulfilled these obligations.

I served almost seven years as a submariner in the USN (1962-1969), and was a drilling Naval Reservist from 1969 until retiring as a CAPT in December, 1990. I am familiar with such an obligation. Perhaps the four boxes of stuff uncovered by Navy Chief could reveal officially what Kerry DID vs. what he SHOULD HAVE DONE between his release from active duty and the legal end of his Naval Reserve obligation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: