SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NEW MOVEON.ORG AD SHOWS U.S. SOLDIER IN 'SURRENDER' POSITION
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beansoup
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frogg,
Quote:
How can we keep those Vietnam era, peacenik, anti-American, hippie-dippies away from our soldiers???

That's an easy question Laughing
VOTE BUSH INTO OFFICE.. Cool

--------------------------------------------------

To moveon.political coffin:
Between you and the MSM, telling us we lost 1000 of our loved ones, almost every day, is like a broken record..WE know we lost our loved ones, we don't have to be reminded every day....Where'a your brains??? Unless your using that for political reasons...That would put moveon.org at the bottom of the ladder...Better yet, the bottom of the cesspool....Zell Miller was right...The main actor, in your moore like film, is the MAIN reason you have the freedom, to produce that piece of communist crap.. Evil or Very Mad

"Swiftvet Donation site"
http://swift1.he.net/~swiftvet/index.php

Last edited by beansoup on Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:38 am; edited 1 time in total
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sedition: An illegal action inciting resistance to lawful authority and tending to cause the disruption or overthrow of the government.

...freedom of speech is one thing, but during a time of war, giving aid and comfort to the enemy or trying to destroy the moral and will of this nation to prosecute the war against Islamofascists,...well, if the shoe fits,...

...hmmmm? sounds just like what John Kerry did back in '71. No wonder Kerry and the DNC don't condemn them. Shocked
beansoup
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My take on the soldier movie is that it is kerry doing one of his B******* films... Laughing Remember the camera he carried everywhere in Vietnam??? Laughing

"Swiftvet Donation site"
http://swift1.he.net/~swiftvet/index.php
USWORHOCKEY
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to give my opinion on another spielberg production, he's an absolute disgrace. Who the hell do they think they are, Liberals feel they can disgrace the uniform showing a surrendering soldier in the sand..It's actually laughable, who are we surrendering too? Pebble throwers? Only if they actually cared about the truth, now that would make a good headline!!
ThaLeena
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:47 am    Post subject: lets do it again Reply with quote

I posted this on the active section but could go just as well here. I suggest everybody immediately write their Congressperson and Senator with a letter, something along the lines of this. I mean, look what it did for RatherGate in less than two days.

Mr. Coleman (the one any only from MN)

I am writing to you as a Republican, and now as an activated United States Army Reservist.

I just saw on the internet site Moveon.org, a most despicable political advertisement involving an American soldier sinking into the sand, with the word "Quagmire" superimposed on his body, and his arms surrendered high into the air.

This commercial is reprehensible and disgusting. It is incredibly demoralizing, and it mocks the soldier and the military. I am currently stationed at Fort Huachuca, and I have taught many soldiers that are currently serving in Afghanistan and Iraq. I do not want these soldiers to ever see this advertisement.

I know you are a man of great character and high morals. Sir, I ask of you, IS THERE ANYTHING YOU CAN DO?? This commercial will destroy the morale, spirits, and dreams of the soldiers serving AND dying in the war, and it should never be seen by the public-much less the men and women serving this country.

Thank You for your attention to this matter.
Sincerely,
Master Sergeant ThaLeena (secret squirrel name)
CandiM
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone else catch this on Drudge?

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash4.htm

Apparently Senator Dole doesn't think much of the ad, either--Imagine that!--C
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if this anti-American propogandist crappola keeps up, who is going to take the blame for the shame and scars that our soldiers will inevitably bear, as a result of this concerted effort to pull down Bush's presidency by using our embattled heroes as the unwilling pawns?

I get occassional emails and letters from a few of my kids friends in Iraq and Afghanistan (we were the unofficial hang out house, being only a few blocks from the high school) and they always ask: "So is everyone still behind us? Do you still have those yellow ribbons on all the trees in your yard?" And then everyday stuff like, "Did you ever teach Liberty (our dog, she was a puppy when most of them left) to sit? I bet you let her get on the couch just like the other dogs!" And, "How is the old high school team doing? Man, I miss those days! I can't believe I used to complain about hell week!"

I mean, I sit and read their emails and letters and sometimes just bawl like a baby. Besides everything else, I MISS THEM, you know? Then I write some cheerful letter back, because they want to know everything is good here.

If they come home to talk of "quaqmires" and "failures" and I can't even say the other things, I just don't know how I will bear it for them.

My dad saw 82 days of straight hand to hand combat in Okinawa, at what was the end of a long, long war with Japan. I wonder if that would have been considered a "quaqmire" today?

God help us--now even Koffi Annan is trying to get Kerry elected. "The war is illegal." Multiple UN Resolutions against Saddam, but the war is "illegal." Go figure.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koffi Anal (oooops, did I spell his name wrong?) was blind to the genocide in Rawanda and is still blind to the genocide in the Sudan, so who besides Kerry and his "Klatch of Kool Aide Drinkers" cares what he thinks ? He has ZERO moral standing to criticize the US, and we DON'T need his permission or blessing to defend ourselves. He should be glad we don't move the UN Headquarters to Haiti.

...regarding the emails you get from those serving to protect freedom, tell 'em the surviving members of the 2.5 million honorable Vietnam vets and the somewhat smaller ranks of Korean and WWII vets are busting our buttons with pride for every one of them.
Hammer2
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might care what Annan thinks - if he, the French, The Russians, and all the others give back the oil for food blood money that they took from Saddam. Oh yeah, I almost forgot - and after he is booted out of the U.N. and finishes his prison sentence.
Yeah, then I might care what he thinks-----NOT!!!!
USWORHOCKEY
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just think we should "challenge them to a duel"...It's pretty ironic that the people who say the most have done the least to make our country as great as it is...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: