SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vets & ACDU Only - Muster Here
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 45, 46, 47  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jim_pem
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Even Muscians had a necessary function. Regardless, Army and Marines both, secondary MOS was always infantry.

True. The school's the same as well. Navy, Marines and Army all go (at least when I was in) to the Armed Forces School of Music at the Naval base in Little Creek, VA.

Here's a picture of me in the Persian Gulf - note the smoke from the oil fires in the background:

orrwd
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello to the Swift Vets.

As a fellow veteran of the seoutheast asia theater I would like to applaud you for helping to expose Kerry for what he is. I also feel that Kerry only went to Vietnam to further his polictical ambitions.

I was appalled to learn that he was able to engineer an early departure after only 4.5 months. He should be ashamed instead of bragging.

I am a veteran of 20 years service, with overseas tours to Thailand and Turkey and 10 years assigned to mobility positions in Combat Communications and US Centcom.

I am with you.

SMSgt (E8) USAF Ret
Idaho Falls, ID
Jarhead
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 5:35 pm    Post subject: THIS SITE IS GROWING BY LEAPS AND BOUNDS Reply with quote

I am a former Marine Vietnam Era Vet (did not serve in country but volunteered to go) 1971 - 1974. After seeing John Kerry testify in front of Congress in the spring of 1971 branding our brothers "babykillers" and murderers", I prompty took my ass down to the Marine recruiter and signed up. I knew from my friends who were heroes that had already been there that this turd was full of ****. I enlisted in the summer of 1971. My hat's off to all of our brothers who have served then, now, and in the future. We have one thing in common. That is to make sure that John Kerry is revealed to the whole world for what he really is....and that is a traitor! He betrayed us and he betrayed his country!

"I am a bold Internationalist, I will only disperse American troups around the world at the discretion of the United Nations" - John Kerry

$UCK THE CORRUPT UNITED NATIONS - I am a Jarhead and I approve this message
JN173
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Jarhear!

From your intro I suspect you might just appreciate the new Swifty ad Wink
Jarhead
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:35 pm    Post subject: THIS NEW AD IS JUST WAT THE DOCTOR ORDERED Reply with quote

JN173,

This new ad is just want the doc ordered. I saw it this morning and am amazed that Kerry's numbers have not plumeted more than they have but then again, he has the liberal media on his side who definitely does not want this story out. They could care less that he is a traitor. All that they care about is that he is a Democrat and that they think he can beat George Bush. With another half million books in print as we speak, John Kerrys' ass to about to go TAD permanently. "Mountain climbers, ready begin" !!

"I am a bold Internationalist, I will only disperse American troups around the world at the discretion of the United Nations" - John Kerry

$UCK THE CORRUPT UNITED NATIONS - I am a Jarhead and I approve this message
Belisaurius
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:07 pm    Post subject: Newbie Reply with quote

USN Active CPO, Bronx NY, "reporting for duty", if I may be so bold as to quote our hero, Johnny Kerry.

I have a question. If Johnny Kerry is so eager to discuss his record vis-a-vis Vietnam and the veterans, then why is he still hiding behind the President? Can you say "strawman"? I knew you could.
BB Stacker
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was US Air Force, 1967 to 1971. I served in SEA '68 - '69. Spent some time in munitions and some in Security Police.

There is much I like about Pres. Bush and some I don't. But he is who we need to lead this country at this time of terrorism.

Kerry is a discrace and a danger. Does anyone out there think he doesn't have a secret agenda for this country? Does anyone think his charactor is not fatally flawed. (His flaw, our fatality)? If he is elected, we are in trouble.
Leatherneckm31
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:17 am    Post subject: Kudos Reply with quote

Gentlemen,

Thanks for walking point on "Operation Kerry"... I got your backs at http://leatherneckm31.typepad.com/

With M/3/1 March to September 1969 (WIA)... Hill 55, Hill 10, Leaper Colony, Go Noi Island...

Medically retired May 1970.
Semper Fi,
GA
CPL USMC
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Making my first stop here to Inprocess to your Site.
I served in the Army and Mass Army National Guard from 1983 to 1995. I had a total of 6 years Active and 6 years in the National Guard.
My MOSs were 11C1P and 11H2E9P, Mortar Maggot and TOW Bunnie. I served in the 82d Airborne with the 3/325 AIR and 4/325 AIR, the 26th Inantry (Yankee Division), 42d Infantry Division, 1/4th Infantry Rgt (Germany), and USAREC Boston, Ma. Now a 70% Disabled Veteran just trying to make a difference where I can.
I have never been to combat,I have no major claims to fame regarding my Service, just did my time with Honor and Integrity. Which is why I am here today. I am so disturbed by John Kerry and his actions after he came home from Vietnam, the "Winter Soldier" meetings, the subsequent Senate Hearings, the (non)Tossing of His(someone elses) Medals(ribbons), his trip to Paris to meet with the represenatives of the North Vietnamese Govt, his attendance ata meeting where the assasination of U.S. Officials was discussed and not reporting it to the F.B.I. or any Law Enforcement Agency, etc...
He is not to be trusted to hold the office of President based on those actions in my opinion.
I can not speak to his actions in Vietnam, other than the conflicting Stories he has told and now retracted or made changes to. I will leave that to those who know it and were there with him to challenge him on those subjects.
Keep up the good fight and "Never Surrender"!! Airborne All The Way!!
M60A1
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My name is Ed Bohne.
I served in the USMC from 1973 to 1975 as a rifleman (0311).

From 1975 to 1977, I served in the Army (11B) with my last job working as a 75D20W5 (Sidpers data analyst) in RPC Bamberg. Left AD to finish college with ROTC acholarship.

I returned to AD in 1979 as an Armor officer assigned to 2AD at Ft. Hood. Left AD in 1983 and returned to the US Army Reserve. Retired from the USAR January 15, 1999, as a Major.
SAFVet
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I served in the USAF from 1966 to 1980 active, and 1985 through 1994 as an IMA in the AF Reserves. Retired when I couldn't stay any longer as an L/C. I spent my early years in SAC and the rest of my career as an engineer working on space systems. I don't have any active combat time, but I served with many who did - lots of Arc Light crews and an Igloo White troop. I have several friends whose names are on the Wall. One was a Thud driver in the early days.

My dad was Army Air Corps. My brother served 20 yrs as an RF-4 driver. My son is currently active and a C-17 A/C.

It's good to find a place where there is a search for the truth in this world.
Guns
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 4:30 am    Post subject: Re: Vets & ACDU Only - Muster Here! :) Reply with quote

Troop C 9th Cav, Desert Storm- was 11C, but ended up going as a 19DE8
M 60 A3 tanker as a loader. Went to displacement training at Camp Shelby MS. the Camp Shelby Training Site.

MassGuns
mike5098
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:16 am    Post subject: reporting for duty Reply with quote

Hi everyone.

Officially, Ernest Micheal Carpenter, but just "Mike", USMC. I served with M co, 3/9, 3rd MarDiv, out of Quang Tri for most of 1969. At 118 pounds it made sense for the Marines to give me a 0331 MOS; M-60 machine-gunner. Our unit spent a lot of the year traveling the length and width of the Ahshaw Valley. Hill "10", and FSB "Kate" bring back fond memories, and some nightmares.

My only regrets from those years are the way "we" were treated when we returned home. Sometimes I envied those who did not return. I will have greater regrets if Kerry is allowed to fulfill his ambitions of power.

Remember, "The only thing evil needs to succeed, is for good men to do nothing" Semper Fi
joesnuffy63
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey,Gang;Heard about you on the Sean Hannity show.I am currently active duty,584th Maintenance Co.,101st Airborne Div.Served on board USS Connole(FF-1056) from 1982-1984,then me "ex" decided she would go in the Army and I decided to follow her.That's how she became my "ex".Anyway,I've been to Panama on Operation Nimrod Dancer(Who dreams up these Op names,anyway???)right before Just Cause with the 5th I.D.Medevac'ed from Iraq last August with serious pneumonia.No purple hearts for that one,either.Wonder if Kerry ever thought of trying that?No nasty shrapnel,awful bleeding,just cough a little.MINE was real,though.I'll be heading back to Georgia this December as a PFC---
Private "F'ing Civilian,but I'd like to keep posting with you all,anyway.Thanks again for hammering this clown with the one thing that repels liars and democrats.....THE TRUTH!!!!!!
War Dog
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning and to all our new members, I say Welcome Home, and Thanks For Your Service to Our Nation!

It's great to see so many veterans and active duty here supporting the Swift Boat Veterans For Truth! We're making a difference, so let's all get out there and give em hell!

War Woof!

Remember, it's not political at all, It's Personal!

When cops need help, they call the K-9 unit."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 25 of 47

Jump to: