SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

John O'Neill - Nightline - Post Comments HERE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Misty
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mona wrote:
Misty wrote:
RMalloy wrote:
DrJohn wrote:

Quote:
Doug

Exactly WHY do you support Kerry?

Me too, Doug. Why Kerry?

Has anyone asked Mr. Reese what Kerry's Senate position might have had to do with Reese's Vietnam Travel Agency? It appears that many who were associated with Kerry in the VVAW activities continued to benefit over the years. No doubt Hanoi rewarded the good soldiers who aided them over the years. And of course people like Reese would support Kerry regardless of what the truth is. When your finances are tied in to a political position, what else is to be expected?

Mr. Reese....can you expound on this a bit?

Not rhetorical questions, I really do not know: Did/does Reese have a Viet Nam travel agency? Was he associated with Kerry or the VVAW?

Doug Reese: You have been polite in all that I have seen from you, including your email to me a few weeks back re: my post about the SBVT in another venue. I'm far from ready to assign you craven motives in your support for Kerry.

But really, sir, you are a public figure at this point, and it is past time for you to state why you support Kerry. I and many would truly like to know.

Here is the link to Doug's Vietnam Adventures
http://www.vietnamadventures.com/getting_there/visa.html
Brother was on the USS Regulus - Vietnam
Husband was AirForce 3rd (34th) Tactical Fighter Wing - Security Police Bien Hoa Vietnam
Misty
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

USAF66-70 wrote:
Cipher:
Quote:
Has it occurred to anyone that Mr. Reese may not be voting FOR someone, but rather AGAINST the incumbent?

Yeah. Many/most Kerry voters really seem to feel that Bush is nothing more than a religious cowboy, and that he lied to take us into Iraq.

An absurd POV facilitated by a LEM, IMHO, but I suppose if I felt that way that I too would be compelled to vote for, ugh, Kerry.

I think it is more simple then that. Mr. Reese will be in a far better position personally with Kerry in office then with Bush in office.
Husband was AirForce 3rd (34th) Tactical Fighter Wing - Security Police Bien Hoa Vietnam
drjohn
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a time confluence of events in the establishment of the Vietnam travel agency and the POW/MIA resolution and the lifting of the trade embargo, say, about 1992-1993?
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After months, following the money turned out to be the correct answer to why. I hope it's worth it. On second thought, NOT.
RMalloy
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe DougReese has already posted his answer.

Quote:
drjohn wrote:
So what do I have to say to change your mind and bring you into the light?

My mother is Austrian and she's hard-headed too.

Well, I can be bought

Doug
Misty
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RMalloy wrote:
Maybe DougReese has already posted his answer.

Quote:
drjohn wrote:
So what do I have to say to change your mind and bring you into the light?

My mother is Austrian and she's hard-headed too.

Well, I can be bought

Doug

Yup. I suspect it all boils down to money. Seems a lot of people can be bought.
flagreen
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too would be interested to hear the reasons that Doug supports Kerry. His last response to the question makes me wonder what his intentions here at swiftvets are.

But one thing I won't do is accuse a man who served his country honorably in Vietnam of having a less than an honorable reason for supporting Kerry. His comment regarding being bought was obviously made in jest.
Misty
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flagreen wrote:
I too would be interested to hear the reasons that Doug supports Kerry. His last response to the question makes me wonder what his intentions here at swiftvets are.

But one thing I won't do is accuse a man who served his country honorably in Vietnam of having a less than an honorable reason for supporting Kerry. His comment regarding being bought was obviously made in jest.

Personally, since I was brought up a baby boomer and most of my friends served in Vietnam (or not) I will bend over backwards to thank them for their honorable service and sacrifices. However, I judge each man on their own merit and don't equate honorable service in the military with a lifetime of honorable behavior. I have learned that making that assumption is a shortsighted way of looking at individuals. A$$holes come in all shapes and sizes and being in Vietnam is not a free ride to future responsible behavior. JMHO.
flagreen
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Misty wrote:

Personally, since I was brought up a baby boomer and most of my friends served in Vietnam (or not) I will bend over backwards to thank them for their honorable service and sacrifices. However, I judge each man on their own merit and don't equate honorable service in the military with a lifetime of honorable behavior. I have learned that making that assumption is a shortsighted way of looking at individuals. A$$holes come in all shapes and sizes and being in Vietnam is not a free ride to future responsible behavior. JMHO.

I am not suggesting that because he served honorably in Vietnam that the man is a saint - I'm sure that he is not. All that I am saying is that we sould give him the benefit of the doubt as to whether or not he is an honorable man today until we know for sure that he either is or is not. It is a bit much to assume that he has prostituted himself based only on his support for Kerry and a remark that he made in jest.
drjohn
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The remark was not serious.

But I'd like to hear what he has to say.

What say you, Doug?
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doug was clearly kidding when he said that bit about "I can be bought."

Look, he has been upfront from the start about supporting Kerry. I, too, would love to know why.

I do question his judgement, as I do for anyone who knows who Kerry is and what he's done and still support him. Especially a veteran.

But, I don't happen to believe that impugning his integrity is likely to result in civil discourse or even a polite reply.

The pro-Kerry people aren't the only ones who are required to be respectful of the other participants, here.
RMalloy
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I'm the only one who thought Doug's quote about being
bought was strange to make at the time. Didn't intend to impugn
his integrity, certainly wasn't referring to his travel business with
Vietnam or his connections to Kerry.

Having ties with John Kerry doesn't taint someone, to imply so
would be absurd. Just curious as to why he supports Kerry,
he must be too busy to reply to that particular question put
to him by several on this board. Cool
rdcorso
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:43 am    Post subject: ABC News Is A Sham Reply with quote

Ted Koppel is a moron if he thinks the American people will fall for his blatant propaganda.If I'm not mistaken John Kerry's three piece band of brothers back up the story of the Swiftvets on this incident.The thing that pisses me off more than anything is the media ignoring facts and covering up Kerry's treasonous past so this country could end up electing its first president who recieved a dishonerable discharge.We don't need a traitor and chief in this day and age.
GT
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did Doug go?
DougReese
Former Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GT wrote:
Where did Doug go?

I'm here -- fear not, I haven't left Smile

A little busy (in and out), but I'll catch up today or tomorrow. . . . .

Doug
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 30 of 33

Jump to: