SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My kid just brought home a project from school
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marine4life
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all good, my kid has learned a lesson from this as well. He has learned that everything a teacher say's is not allways the truth, and they need to be challenged from time to time. My son's teacher did say that it is nice to know that some parents are involved in their education. My concern is, how many kid's took that paper home and how many parents took it at face value as the truth? I can take solice in the fact that this teacher won't be duped by the left again even if they were somewhat successful this time. I just hope that I wasn't the only parent whining about it, or they will try it again. I have won a small battle but their is a war that need's to be tended to. Semper Fi.
Englishman
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 3:08 pm    Post subject: Anti-American peaceniks reign in Italian schools as well Reply with quote

I’m English living in Italy. My kids are in state Italian school. All year long the teachers feed them anti-war bull and have them learning and singing ‘Imagine’ by John Lennon at every excuse.
Last Christmas in Italian High School my daughter’s Christmas program featured a parade on the stage of all the national flags of the world, with each kid speaking some wishy-washy liberal crud line about ‘peace’ in the language of that flag. My English daughter was given a line and a Union Jack flag to wave. Can’t remember what she was given to say now, but it was badly translated anyway, so her mum and I corrected it and took the politically correct sting out of the grammar as well. Anyway come the day, we waited in the audience for our girl to come on stage with her flag but she never did. Turns out the teachers had sidelined her at the last moment with some weak excuse. Coincidence? I doubt it. They just didn’t want a British flag on their precious liberal stage. Needless to say, there was no Stars and Stripes ever shown on stage either. And they call us racist??!! We were disgusted. Yanks and Brit Tommies delivered these gullible losers from fascism sixty years ago and this is the thanks we get? Have these Europeans learned nothing? Lucky for them that I don’t speak Italian, or I would cause a stink in that school from Rome to hell and back.
‘Christianity guarantees separation of church and state. Its central tenets advocate it for the free practise of Christianity itself. Removing Christian-framed laws ensnares a nation in a new religion of undemocratic thought-control called PC.’
A. Nixon
Doc Jerry
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have your boy write a letter to the local paper. Let him make the point about being disturbed and upset about the misinformation he's being taught in school. Approaching the School Board is good. However, be prepared for the consequences. Might be a rough road ahead, but I don't know any Marine's wife who can't handle that kind of heat.

I would also focus on J.F. Kerry's comments on "Meet the Press" in 1971 ("Yes, yes, I committed the same kind of atrocities as thousands of other soldiers have committed..," including parts of his testimony under oath in front of congress. No one can argue with that. Those are his own words and well documented. Your boy will knock their socks off.

Cool Medics, we're there when you need us.
Doc Jerry
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did I say Marine's wife. If you're not a babe, I apologize. Thought the post was "MarineWife." I need a new pair of glasses.
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marine4life wrote:
Well you will all be happy to know that I talked to the teacher, he actually returned my call. I am proud to report mission accomplished!!! What happened is a moonbat liberal teacher put a pile of those in every class's box with a note that it would be good for families to discuss it with their kid's. My son's teacher was angry, at the moonbat and himself. She caught him during his grading process and he just passed them out and didn't read it, why would he have to worry about an assignment, they do that all the time. We had a good 1 hour talk and I enlightened him on several things. He has learned a valuable lesson, read and approve everything.

Good for you, Marine4life, and good for your son!

Semper Fi!
SBD
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Anti-American peaceniks reign in Italian schools as well Reply with quote

Englishman wrote:
I’m English living in Italy. My kids are in state Italian school. All year long the teachers feed them anti-war bull and have them learning and singing ‘Imagine’ by John Lennon at every excuse.

I spent 2 months in Italy last summer with my family. I knew that some of them would be critical of the USA, so I brought my CNN Tribute - America Remembers DVD with me. Every relative I went to visit watched it and there wasn't a dry eye in the house. Most of them said they had no idea how bad 911 really was. Their only exposure was seeing the Planes crash over and over into the buildings. Once they viewed the DVD, I never heard not even one bad comment about America.

SBD
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RacerJim wrote:
How so sadly true...especially the last part! I'll take COMMON SENSE over a college degree any day. The late-40's liberal couple next door are both very well educated, she with Master's Degree and he with a PhD. She doesn't have the common sense to quit planting flowers which the deer immediately devour (which she then rants about of course) and he doesn't have the common sense to know that to jump start his car the hood of his car has to open (a minor but 3 months prior accident had jammed the hood closed). Duh! The mid-40's liberal woman across the street got a BS & a BA degree while living with her parents and once told me that until she moved out of her parents home she didn't know that credit card charges had to be paid off...honest injun!

I was a postdoctorial fellow and then a faculty member at an Ivy university (Yale). Here are some highlights:

When I was faculty, two senior professors attempted to misappropriate my intellectual property, a computer program I'd written supporting medical research. One of the professors had a private company on the side that created software for related purposes. The university's copyright policy said the software belonged to me, but the senior professor did not care.

Then, a university lawyer began to aid and abet the misappropriation. This lawyer actually blocked the university's release of my education and faculty work records to other employers (I had left and was seeking other positions) until I turned over the software source code.

Of course, being an enterprising person, I had a private detective call one of the sr. professors and his minions and pose as a recruiter. The sr. professor refused to give a reference, and one of his minions said they'd "never heard of me." This is known as "blacklisting" and "tortious interference with employment."

When I complained about this to the state's Bar Association, they informed me that the unviersity lawyer in question had never passed the state's Bar exam and was unauthorized to practice law in the state.

I had also filed a blacklisting complaint with the state Labor Dept. The sr. professor would not allow a Labor Dept. investigator to talk to him. It was only after the Labor Dept. investigator mentioned the possibility of arresting the professor for obstruction of a Labor Dept. investigation, along with the embarrassment of having a lawyer in general counsel's office who had not passed the Bar exam, that the records of my time in training and as a faculty member became "unstuck."

In the meantime, senior professor #2 tried to connive the software code from a colleague of mine in another country who had come visiting the University for a few weeks. Professor #2 asked him for the code and never mentioned the dispute. Fortunately, my colleague knew and found excuses not to turn over the code, but at great embarrassment and distress to himself.

To put icing on the cake, senior professor #2 was a principal investigator in a worldwide research project to study the genetics of indigenous, small isolated tribes of people around the world, a project aptly named the "Human Genome Diversity Project." This project was highly controversial and ultimately was shelved due to concerns by the indigenous peoples that money from discoveries made from their genetic material would be misappropriated and that they would not see a dime of it, despite this professor's reassurances to the contrary. Call them clairvoyant about liberal professors....

All the major university administrators ignored my pleas for assistance against these two professors.

It turned out a few years later that professor #1's father had been a prominent dean at the university decades before and an advisor to a certain democratic POTUS of note. The professor had never mentioned this to anyone, and this only came in an obituary out after the professor's esteemed dad died.

There are just the highlights of my experiences at a liberal university. There was a lot more...

-- FDL
Marine4life
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya Doc that was the Marine talking not Marineswife, appology accepted and no offense was taken. Lord help the fools if I turned my Marine wife loose on them!! At least I will reason to some extent, she would rip their head off and deficate down their throat as the saying goes!! It takes a tough woman to keep a Marine in line, and she has the market cornered on that. And don't let her catch someone diss'n any branch of service, our son is on active duty right now, USMC. Semper Fi.
GSHS
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In our school, I thank God every day that we can discuss politics in the RIGHT way. Very Happy

http://freedomtoschool.proboards29.com/index.cgi?board=BUSHPROJECT
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: