SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vietnam Vet Protest Against Kerry / Post-rally Comments
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
Heheeeee.... you two were posting at the same time. Very Happy

Great Minds Think Alike!

HEY KERRY!
LET'S SEE ANOTHER 180!
A DD FORM 180

Hot damn...my NEW sig !!! That's GREAT! Laughing
amercianpatriot
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 7:24 pm    Post subject: Against Kerry Reply with quote

Wish I could be there but due personal problem can not. But I give you my support and thank you for stand for all Vets. from Vietnam. God Bless you everyone
gmez2001
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 5:37 pm    Post subject: new member Reply with quote

Just joined.
Tonkin Gulf and Westpac sailor 1961-65 aboard USS Buchanan DDG-14 brand new guilded missle destroyer.
Uncles South Pacific Navy WWII, Father Colonel and pilot transportation corps WWII.
Remaining family WWII contractors.

Swifties-Keep up the good work!!!!!!!
George
gmez2001
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Protest Against Kerry Reply with quote

wshhml wrote:
The protest is supposed to take place on the West front of the Capitol, facing the mall.

They need to get this location on the organizing website or confusion.
notjfk
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The correct location is on www.KerryLied.com

We need to get the word out on this! This could be huge! We need alot of people so that the national media will have to cover it. The more we can demand that Kerry answer some critical questions, the more the general public will wake up to it and demand an answer as well. Hopefully GW will ask him some Q's during the debates.
beansoup
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 7:57 am    Post subject: Vietnam Vet Protest Against Kerry Reply with quote

Dems are going to launch an Anti-war protest to try to offset the rally..Guess who the media mongers will cover?
wednesdaychild
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Dems are going to launch an Anti-war protest to try to offset the rally..Guess who the media mongers will cover?

I bet they wil cover the sbv, and i'm sure they are hoping for conflict, but it will only be from the radical nutcases on lthe left.
Truegrit
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:03 pm    Post subject: Protests in other cities? Reply with quote

Can we mobilize a nationwide gathering, not just in D.C., but all around the country, in all communities?

Can we get enough Vets involved in an effort to prevent John Kerry, who slandered the Vietnam Vets with baseless accusations of war crimes, from becoming Commander in Chief?

Can we achieve this? What will it take?

Ted Harwood
ETEE
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:14 am    Post subject: Re: Protests in other cities? Reply with quote

Truegrit wrote:
Can we mobilize a nationwide gathering, not just in D.C., but all around the country, in all communities?

Try running you're idea past Larry O'brien with Kerry Lied. They are setting up groups in each State to assist in trips and coordination to Washington and I'm sure they would be glad to talk to you.

I have been trying to get local businesses here in South Louisiana to let their Veteran Employees off on Monday the 13th. for the trip back. I even got one company to loan a company vehicle for it's Veteran employees to drive up to D.C. It's amazing what people will do for Veterans these days. I wish people were like this when I got home in 70.
Truegrit
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:23 am    Post subject: Replying to ETEE Reply with quote

ETEE,

Not everybody can get to Washington D.C., though it would be great to have a "Million Vet March" on the city to protest the Kerry nomination, and to support the Swift Vets effort to get at the truth on this service record and his allegations of war crimes against his fellow Vets -- which radical groups he was involved with, what he did in connection with those groups and so forth.

That would be great. But just as useful would be local gatherings all over the country. We need to convince our fellow Americans that Kerry does not deserve the privilege, nor the mantel of responsibility, to be commander in chief of our young men and women in battle.

Ted Harwood
Hanger
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:54 pm    Post subject: Sept 12th at Capital Reply with quote

I would hope that all Vietnam vets that will be there will at least look presentable. I believe that the world needs to see that we are not just a bunch of rag-tags dressed in dirty fatigues and looking like a bunch of homeless people. That is the impression that most people have of us Vietnam vets from seeing films of people of Kerry's ilk and the VVAW.

There may be persons attending that will portray themselves as Vietnam veterans but who are actually there to disrupt the event.

I attended the 1986 Chicago "Welcome Home Parade"

Go to: http://www.outernetweb.com/patriotpage/patriotpage.html

All of us real vets were mad about the many imposters that showed up claiming to be vets. Some of them would have had to be drummer boys, since they were in their 20s in 1986. It was easy then and easier now for imposters to go to a local army navy store and buy all that they want to portray themselves as war heroes.

The author of "Stolen Valor", B.G. Burkett refers to these imposters as the "Rag-Tag Brigade".

Delta vet
forgivenjojo
Former Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:44 am    Post subject: clear Reply with quote

clear

Last edited by forgivenjojo on Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total
jccooper
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure there are many more out there besides me that just can't make the trip on Sept 12th. Is there some way that a web site could be set up that would simply register a person if they signed in as a sort of internet protest? I think something like showing a million or so hits would be pretty impressive also. Heck, maybe just leave it up from 9/12 until the election.

Just a thought.
Jazzoi
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:26 pm    Post subject: Military records Reply with quote

Can anyone in the reprographics business explain what it might take to produce a poster size (or larger) facsimile of a form SF-180?

Superimposed over the form I see a large red circle with an arrow pointed to the signature line, and in the red circle a message:

"John, YOUR signature goes HERE"

Good idea? Bad idea? Suggestions?

Thanks.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea - do-able. Smile

Scan a 180 at at least 300dpi. Brighten as necessary to get pure white.

Put in your comments with your photo-editing software.

Save the file to a disk and take it to Kinko's or some other place where they do large-format printing.

Mount the print on a large piece of foam core board with spray adhesive.

www.protestwarrior.com has a really nice tutorial for making these large signs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 4 of 11

Jump to: