SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

O'Reilly On 60 Minutes...It will TICK you off
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wednesdaychild
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have rarely watched BOR in a month. He most definitely has changed, and not for the better. he has gone soft and I agree, he's wanting to run with the Big guys in the MSM now. I hope they do replace him , I'd love to see Ann Coulter in his slot. And Greta can go too. Ever since I heard her husband was in kerry camp and she had friends at CNN,I just go to bed earlier. Let Tony Snow, Hal , Brit Humes, and some others take over. Give Sean Hanity more power.

Someone has bought out these guys.

If Fox does not do something, they will lose their ratings,, b/c like it or not, WE MADE THEM AND WE CAN BREAK THEM.
anyone got some top people's names, ie progam managers ie people who care about what we peons think?
I also feel Fox itself is tryinng to get more liberal viewers and so is toning down it's more controversial shows, ie BOR. and i think someone said that Viacom owns the BOR show. That does explain a lot. I HAVE NOT WATCHED CBS IN AGES.
BOYCOTT ON, BOR FOR SURE, AND THROW IN GRETA.AND I HAVE ALSO STOPPED WATCHING GERALDO.

Last edited by wednesdaychild on Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BOR and the Media are circling their wagons.

For BOR the Swift Vets took the cable shows off being the outsiders. Cable became the establishment.

How long should it take for CBS to do their investigation? A week max. If the employees do not say the truth and cooperate...they should be suspended.

Its not rocket science.....The internal investigation should be done by now...yes they should have worked through the weekend
ocsaddle
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Word from "unimpeachable source" at CBS that "Oh! Really?" slobbered over Mike Wallace so much that Wallace had to take a shower at the conclusion of the interview. Source couldn't verify the shower pictures tho' so CBS is holding the story.
Jim T.
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stopped watching BOR many weeks ago and will never watch him again PERIOD

What we need to do now is to convince as many of our family, friends and aquaintances to do the same. We made him, we can break him. The goal is to drive his ratings down.

In addition, we need to boycott the products of his sponsors. Any way we can find this out without watching him?

It is obvious that BOR has been stuck at his current viewership levels for some time. He has made the decision to take postions (who knows if he believes in them, I dont' care) he hopes will expand his base of viewership. Thus, he takes his historical viewers for granted in believing that they will not abandon him if he caters to them by "balancing" his viewpoints. A clear example of this will be his continued assault on the ACLU and the religious secularization of our society, etc. Given his treatment of the SBVT, I don't think anyone should trust his judgement or sincerity.

BOR will have no clout if he has no viewers. If we can make a dent in his ratings the MSM will pick up on it and publicize the reasons and this will drive them down even more.

Again, our job is to convince anyone we can to stop watching BOR FOREVER not just till he kisses up to us!!!!!!
Chuck Z Ombie AC2000
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yall know youll be watching Bush on BOR mon tue and wed.

After that its time to put BOR on the S-list. He needs to be reminded thatr conservatives are the only reason why he has any ratings or a job.
jim_nyc
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just spoke with my mom. She is a rabid O'Rielly fan. She has agreed to the boycott effective immediately.

There is absolutely, positively no reason to watch the O'Reilly/Bush interview.

Anything of importance will be reported.

In honor of the sacrifices made by the SBVT we owe it to them to punish BOR on this week especially. If his market share falls with this big interview...he will be seriously wounded.

Last edited by jim_nyc on Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Donna Savage
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I love watching President Bush, I will not be tuning in because BOR has turned into a complete fraud and just from what I've heard, BOR is going to really try to nail Bush on the Swifties. I refuse to participate in getting ratings for BOR. I will show my support for Bush and the Swifties with a donation instead.

After seeing that pathetic so-called interview with Mr. O'Neill (where I felt that Mr. O'Neill was treated very unfairly with that ridiculous line of questioning that no one else gets), I saw the true side of BOR. I am sticking to my boycott.

BOR owes the swifties a major apology. Someone said he was crowing about his ratings the other night. Well soon he will be eating that crow! Remember BOR, we built you up and we can pull you down just like the Saddam statue. Laughing BOYCOTT BOR, GRETA & GERALDO FOREVER!!
-President George W. Bush
DerbyRed
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never got onto the bor bandwagon (nor “Hannity and Colmes” for that matter). None of those shows ever accomplish anything . . . it’s a lot of yelling-and-screaming-and-then-time-runs-out-for-that-segment. Nothing ventured, nothing gained . . . or better yet, no harm, no foul.

Having said that, I’ll admit that the last time I tuned into bor was when I got suckered to watch the “bor-vs-moore main event” during the DNC(?). Once again it was two lightweights trying score “rhetorical points.” So these two tomato cans duked it to a draw -- they both looked equally stoopid!!! When moore asked bor if he would send his son or daughter to Iraq, “Mr Pithy” turned into a rumblin’-bumblin’-stumblin’, monosyllabic moron -- Baa-dee-baa-dee-baa-dee-baa-dee-baa-dee. bor said the question was unfair and disingenuous . . . and moore just kept repeating the question. The simple boob-to-boob response that would have shut moore up was: parents don’t send their kids to Iraq (or the Gulf, Panama, Somalia, Bosnia, Kosovo or anywhere else)!!!! Kids send themselves to these places to serve America via the All-Volunteer Force. That tricked it for me . . . FNC goes off at 2000 EDT (that includes the 3-part interview of Dubya . . . I’ve seen the “grab-ads” on FNC the whole past week [bor asks the President about SBVFT and the ads. Dubya responds that he’s against all the ‘527’ ads that appeared during this campaign season. Nothing groundbreaking there.] If there’s anything remarkable coming out of this interview series, I’ll read about in Drudge or see it first thing in the morning on “F’n’F”) > > > GBA/cul/dmm
jack white
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill O'Reilly is toast. His ratings remained the highest--in cable--until he started trying to have it both ways to the detriment of any semblance of the truth. Several times in recent weeks Hannity & Colmes have gotten larger audiences.

O'Reilly will continue to decline, because what some of us always saw everyone sees now: Bill O'Reilly is looking out for Bill O'Reilly. He's a glorified disc jockey who wants to get into a big market by mocking his audience. O'Reilly has neither the integrity nor intelligence to be any larger than he once was.
joeshero
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scarborough at MSNBC is a good alternative. I am losing my interest in BOR as well. FNC is trying to be balanced, but hiring a guy like Bob Beckel's got to be their worst decision. Don't forget, Peter Chernin, a liberal guy, is one of the top guys at the company. Greta defenitely must go. She dedicates her show to Scott Peterson. It's sickening. They can change her show to either Tony Snow vs. a liberal guy, much like Hannity-Colmes with a different tone and focus. They could focus the topics on Foreign Policy and Global analysis. That would be much better.
eXcel
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet he replaces Rather @ CBS when he retires. The danger here is that he is obviously swinging left and has built a reputation for being fair or even leaning right. Foxnews should do a national news segment for the Fox affiliates..
USAF66-70
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the risk of pissing off everyone in this thread, I think y’all are unrealistic in your expectations of what BOR should say and/or how he should behave. His occasional negative comments regarding SBVT—like his 60 Minutes: “Awful … terrible … sad that this happens”—piss me off too, but I suspect it’s the game that BOR apparently feels he has to play to get the widest audience, and also to get Kerry on his show. And I’m stating to think he’ll actually be successful at getting Kerry on his show.

Hannity, Rush, etc. certainly will never get Kerry on their shows.

If/when BOR gets Kerry on, he probably won’t be hard enough on Kerry to satisfy most of us here—let’s face it, we’re all biased and despise Kerry. But I expect his interview will be good enough so that any undecideds with more than room temperature IQs may actually begin to see how empty Kerry is.

I expect that in his heart BOR knows full well that Kerry’s not a good guy. Part of his Godfather philosophy—keep friends close, but keep your enemas closer … or something like that.
helpmycountry
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:20 pm    Post subject: We made em and we can Break Um Reply with quote

If this is true Fox is going down but be careful they are all we have like it or not.Also do not go to see the new Jennifer Lopez movie>>>Susan Sarrandan and Crazy as a bat Richard Gere.Do Not give them our good money who walk daily aginst this country.It is everybody Dance and we will break um. Avoid Bruce Springsteen Dixie Chicks adn Pearl Jam. I personally would not be caught dead with their has been music anyway.
wednesdaychild
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with u, boycotting is the American way.
and very true, FOX is all we have. Shocked
helpmycountry
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:36 pm    Post subject: It reads like the man sold us OUT on 60 Minutes Web Site Reply with quote

It made me puke to read the article with O'Reilly on 60 mintues web site.PUKE.I do not watch the show since Dan Rather workd there so I had to read it and it is SICK.No one in the Senate will lock the bOrder up is his main beef. Well they in both houses will do nothing becasue the Republicans think they have cheap labor and the Democrats think they are getting more Liberals. Jokes on the Democrats. They are good Catholics. Apparenty by reading better Then Bill O'Reilly the sell out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: