SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A CALL TO PRAYER
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joeshero
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful all. Let's also pray that the voters can see and understand clearly what's going on with the way mainstream media reporting this election and the debates. By all reasonable standards, the president clearly won the second debate. But the MSM have quickly declared it as either draw or a win for Kerry. I have never seen a debater who stated "I have a plan" for almost 20 times can be declared as a winner. But the MSM don't care about it. All they want is Kerry to win.

So, regardless Bush's performance in the third debate, I do believe that the MSM have already declared Kerry as the winner. Ignorant folks will be deceived.
ProudDaughterofVet
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thread needs to be maintained at top of the list my faithful friends..

Keep the faith..went to church this morning just for some quiet time, and before I knew it, an hour went by..I guess I had alot to say! Embarassed

I will check in at 8:50pm..candle, Bible and scripture ready to go, did anyone claim a scripture for tonight???

PD

**BUMP**..and I am not ashamed to say that!!

www.timetotakeastand.blogspot.com
momofthreegirls
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally like Psalm 59 especially because it uses one of GWB's favorite words, evildoers. "Deliver me from evildoers and save me from bloodthirsty men." --Psalm59:2 It also refers to traitors, "O Lord God Almighty, the God of Israel, rouse yourself to punish all the nations; show no mercy to wicked traitors."--Psalm 59:5 Finally, it talks about the sins of their mouths, "For the sins of their mouths, for the words of their lips, let them be caught in their pride. For the curses and lies they utter, consume them in wrath, consume them til they are no more."--Psalm 59:12-13 I will be at choir practice at 8:30 but I will find time today to pray for this debate.
Here's a little joke:
There was an elderly woman that every morning stood on her front porch and shouted "Praise God for He is good." One day an atheist moved in next door to her. He got fed up with her praising God every morning, so he would go out on his porch and shout back at her "There is no God." One morning the woman came out and shouted "Praise God for He is good!" Then she added a little prayer "God I am almost out of food and I have very little money and I am afraid I will starve." The next morning she opened her door and there sat two bags of groceries. The woman then shouts "Praise God for He is good and He answers prayers." The atheist answered back "You crazy woman I put those groceries there." To which the woman replied, "Praise God for He provided me with groceries and made the devil pay for them!!" Laughing God works in mysterious ways!
momofthreegirls
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumping this up as a reminder. Your prayers are needed tonight. Smile
ProudDaughterofVet
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

**Bump**

C'mon friends, we need the spirit to move tonight..and we shall have it!!

I like the Psalm..very very much!

PD

twicearound
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Father we ask even now as our President a righteous man is preparing for this evening that you hover over him with the Holy Spirit, empowering him to speak clearly and with great force and understanding at the same time. Make his ears quick to hear every opening Kerry leaves for him. Lord we ask you send confusion into the camp of the enemy and the lies that are spoken. We say no weapon formed against him shall prosper, and every tongue that rises against him in judgement shall be silenced. This is the inheritance of the Lord. We speak the name of Jesus over him and the annointing of the Holy Spirit, and say the accuser of the brethern has no power or authority tonight. Surround him like the mountains surround Jerusalem and be his rear guard. May he not worry about what he says when he comes before the people for you shall fill his mouth and when the enemy comes in, like a flood you raise up a standard against him. The things of the enemy have no power or authority and bow to the name of Jesus tonight. Arise and let our enemies be scattered for the right hand of the Lord does valiantly.
Maereta
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amen and amen! This forum has been such a blessing to me. It is so comforting to know all of you are out there, and share the same precious faith. We'll never meet (on earth) but it doesn't matter, we are fighting this spiritual battle together. God is still on the throne.
GiveMeFreedom
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord, steady Mr. Bush's hands tonight as he delivers the final blows to the Godless heathen known to thee as Kerry!

Seriously, please help him get through this - for the good of our nation, and the good of our soldiers that are currently serving to protect our Freedom!
Amen!
http://www.operationac.com
Support our Soldiers!!
ProudDaughterofVet
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Surround him like the mountains surround Jerusalem and be his rear guard. May he not worry about what he says when he comes before the people for you shall fill his mouth and when the enemy comes in, like a flood you raise up a standard against him. The things of the enemy have no power or authority and bow to the name of Jesus tonight. Arise and let our enemies be scattered for the right hand of the Lord does valiantly.

Amen, amen and AMEN..May God also grant us the strengh to see this election through, the patience to endure, and the courage to carry through until Nov 2.

In His Name,
PD

joeshero
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget folks, 7.30PM CT tonight. I hope a faithful folks also aare praying around the building where the debate is held. It is such an amazing to see, given the numerous attacks on the president from numerous fronts including from the mainstream media, the president's standing in the polls is still good enough to win the election.

I cannot imagine Kerry becomes a president--after spewing lies after lies. His whole life is basically built upon lies and deception. And imagine his belief about terrorism and the will to combat it. I do think that he is sort of a representative of dark power in a nice suit. And dark power of course will help him. But nothing can stand before the mighty Lord.
SooZQ
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still love the scripture that Kimmymac posted
last week. Isaiah 54:17: "But no weapon formed
against you shall prosper, and every tongue that
shall rise against you in judgment you shall show
to be in the wrong. This is the heritage of the
servants of the Lord; this the righteousness (or
vindication) which they obtain from Me, says
the Lord." Amen, Amen

Really support the troops, send them a letter and care package! Visit:http://www.anysoldier.com
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

God is in this and his hand is still on our country. The greater your enemy the greater your elevation. This country and our President Bush must come up against great diversity and opponents so that the highest good can be achieved. We pray for strength in conviction, strength in faith in the hour of challenge and strength in words and thoughts. God Bless President Bush. God Bless each of us. God Bless America.

Love to you all. CTW

Never Ever Kerry
twicearound
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a little bit of info my friend told me that the place where the debate is called the Babylon Opera House. Isn't and interesting picture, I also heard some prayer groups were prompeted to pay for Arizona some time back saying it would be the point of prayer before this election and groups have been praying there before and now. Isn't it interesting GW took out the self-proclaimed King of Babylon. He had a fantasy of rebuilding that kingdom. Now here he is in the Babylon Opera house, this is the spiritual battle of our lifetime. The kingdoms of world have tonight become the kingdoms of our Lord and Christ. Greater is He who is in us and in our President than he who is in the world.

I STAND NOW AND PROCLAIM THE NAME OF JESUS OVER THIS BUILDING, BREAKING ANY TIES, FOR EVERY NAME BOWS TO THE NAME OF JESUS, WE DO NOT FIGHT AGAINST FLESH AND BLOOD BUT POWERS AND SPIRITS IN HEAVENLY PLACES, THEREFORE WE THE RIGHTEOUS OF JESUS ENVOKE HIS NAME AND ASK FOR WARING ANGELS TO BE DISPACHED AND HOLD BACK THE FORCES OF DARKNESS. WE COME BODLY BEFORE YOU IN OUR TIME OF NEED HAND IN HAND. HEART TO HEART, TO PROCLAIM VICTORY. OPEN THE GATES THE EVERLASTLING DOORS THAT THE LORD OF GLORY MAY COME IN TONIGHT.
bk_mo
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:12 am    Post subject: prayer Reply with quote

psalms 58

Justice? YOU HIGH and mighty politicians don't even know the meaning of the word! Fairness? Which of you has any left? Not one! All your dealings are crooked: you give "justice" in exchange for bribes. These men are born sinners, lying from their earliest words! They are poisonous as deadly snakes, cobras that close their ears to the most expert of charmers.

O God, break off their fangs. Tear out the teeth of these young lions, Lord. Let them disappear like water into thirsty ground. Make their weapons useless in their hands. Let them be as snails that dissolve into slime; and as those who die at birth who never see the sun. God will sweep away both old and young. He will destroy them more quickly than a cooking pot can feel the blazing fire of thorns beneath it.

The godly shall rejoice in the triumph of the right; they shall walk the blood-stained fields of slaughtered, wicked men. Then at last everyone will know that good is rewarded, and there is a God who judges justly here on earth.

Bless our President in the mist of corrupt and evil men. Shield him tonight and bless him before this nation. That all might see a man of God who fears nothing as he marches on to protect his people and his nation against the faces of EVIL who wish to do us harm.
ProudDaughterofVet
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am here early..I needed the support of my brothers and sisters ...it is time to begin our prayers, our voices must be lifted..as one..

May God be with our President..I am so honored to have him as our President and to share such a moment, once again, with all of you..The Spirit is moving my friends..Let us all begin to pray..in our own words and way..talk to the Father..

PD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 4 of 20

Jump to: