SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rather to "Examine" Kerry's Silver Star
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
one more captins mast
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:47 pm    Post subject: Plain manila envelope, hand off. Reply with quote

Commine disinformation , they know wants comming and they are

doing the commie end run with "thier truth".
JK
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 3:55 pm    Post subject: Rather to "Examine" Kerry's Silver Star Reply with quote

Dan Rather has no credibility with the public and I can only expect a distorted story to support Kerry. Kerry and his operatives will fabricate and lie with Rather so that Kerry's silver star award is credible, unfortunately Rather can reach a large population spread lies and we are the "David" that has to slay "Goliath".

Doug Forrester from my home state of NJ is doing a very commendable job in building public support to force Rather's firing or resignation. Doug is a fighter to bring integrity back to the media and he also has the financial resources to open the campaign. Recommend you support his cause.

JK
BrianC
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahahaaaaaaaaa....

So Dan Rather's going to "verify" the Kerry version of the story, is that it?

And what - the 34 remaining Kool-Aid drinkers will tune in to CBSNews to see it?

ROFL

Laughing
Truegrit
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 4:10 pm    Post subject: Is this for real? Reply with quote

I can't believe that CBS would allow Rather to do this. He should, in fact, be on administrative leave pending investigation of the Rathergate controversy.

What incredible nerve. Well, I don't watch that channel any more anyway.
one more captins mast
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 4:23 pm    Post subject: "To/kil/ya/ and salt and lime.!!!!!! Reply with quote

A country and wester group has that song on a cd,

"Exhusbands"

"Showed up for work a week late, but they fired me

anyway.

Wife says she gonna leave me for another, you might say

she did, now she lives with her mother."

Should call her but why wast a "quater" can use it on to/kill/ya

and salt and lime.

So if this Kerry "stuff" gets to be to much, "to/kill/ya salt and lime"

over nite and get back to it.
minnie presley
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:23 pm    Post subject: cbs Reply with quote

has anyone got an e-mailaddress that will go through ,the one I have does not go through,comes back unable to deliver
minnie presley
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:50 pm    Post subject: story Reply with quote

just read story on planetsave.com, what a load of BS, they claim they have never heard of kerry, yet they say he deserved the medals, anfd what a great man he was to come back and demonstrate, love the part about kerry seeing suffering in vietnam and would not send troops to war like bush, that smells to me I think this guy has been programmed, rather has a death wish for sure if he is going to run with this, I need a phone# or e-mail address for CBS.
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are we to believe Rather?
Jeez, this is a guy who is proud of being a Marine, but who served less time than J.F.Kerry served in Viet Nam.
What kind of discharge did Rather get??
Mooncusser
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posted this a long time ago:

Mooncusser
Experienced Member

Posted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:16 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next they will find a Cong who vividly remembers the terrifying day the mad-dog sailor attacked and decimated their company single-handedly.

I actually won the election before I lost it.

"It is a good day to fight! It is a good day to die! Strong hearts, brave hearts to the front! Weak hearts and cowards to the rear!" (Crazy Horse)
DougReese
Former Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1AD wrote:
I remember there was an article in a newspaper or magazine about this. The villagers never mentioned that they remembered Kerry, just the Swiftboats. The writer inferred that they were talking about Kerry. Why don't we fire a preemptive strike and start NOW to send letters to the editor after we find that article.

Depends on which article you read. It's true that if you went to the actual nearby village that no one remembers Kerry. Then again, why would they remember him or any other specific Swift Boat person.

However, there were survivors from the Silver Star incident. At least three that we could say for sure back then -- two POWs were taken, and we saw one guy running away.

I now know that there were three additional survivors, and that the guy we saw running away died some years later.

So that leaves five survivors out there. I know where two of them are. I wonder who Rather has in mind?

Doug
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan Rather: "I have examined the medal, it is silver, has 5 points and belongs to John Kerry. I had other experts examine the medal and they reached the same conclusion. I can state without any reservation that John Kerry does, in fact, possess a Silver Star. This just goes to show that the Swiftboat Veterans for Bush have once again been disproven by the facts. Courage"
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuffaloJack wrote:
...What kind of discharge did Rather get??
From Stolen Valor, Rather
B.G. Burkett, in Stolen Valor wrote:
...did not finish Marine recruit training. He joined the Marines on January 22, 1954, but was discharged less than four months later, on May 11, for being medically unfit. (As a boy, Rather had suffered from rheumatic fever.)...
The OIM (Old Irrelevant Media, pka MSM) still refer to him as an ex-Marine. Boy, do they need an education.
wpage
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather probably has some skeletons in his closet about being kicked out of the Marines. Wish we had the details of that. He sure has crusaded all his junglistic career to pose veterans as maligned. Does he have some sort of complex? Wonder what a real shrink would diagnose him with.
www.thebattleofkontum.com
1AD
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:03 am    Post subject: AP Article Reply with quote

To DougReese Expert Member. The article I read is the same one that was cited to earlier in this thread. The AP article. It was referenced in another topic. I believe by Mooncusser. Some posters started to refer to bumper stickers that should say "Vietcong for Kerry."
DougReese
Former Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:15 am    Post subject: Re: AP Article Reply with quote

1AD wrote:
To DougReese Expert Member. The article I read is the same one that was cited to earlier in this thread. The AP article. It was referenced in another topic. I believe by Mooncusser. Some posters started to refer to bumper stickers that should say "Vietcong for Kerry."

Thanks -- I must have missed that post, but now that you mention it, I looked a little closer and there it was.

I spoke to Margie Mason, the AP reporter who wrote that piece, as I was curious as to how she went about finding that guy. To make a long story short, the local officials found him. I might add that he had no idea who Kerry was and/or that he was involved in that incident until she told him.

He may or may not have been there (note that she doesn't claim he was, but he does), but if he wasn't he knows someone who was. I say this because some of the details he mentions would only be known by someone who was there. Which is to say he didn't read about it in the newspaper. Then again, some of what he says is pretty far off. That could be due to faulty memory (I can identify with that), or, not being there.

When I find out which it was I'll let you know Smile

Doug
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: