SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry Bashes Our Volunteer Military
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ohio Voter
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schadow wrote:
integritycounts wrote:
MSNBC Chris Matthews (Democratic Speech-writer pretending to be a non-partisan)....is claiming and portraying Kerry's remarks as being a statement about the President.

After reading Kerry's Pasadena City College speech and listening to it again and again, I think Matthews may be right about Kerry's intent to slam the President personally. In the Seattle rant, he couldn't quite bring himself to confirm that, instead naming Rummy and the 'Administration' for being 'stuck in Iraq'.

[snip] Laughing

Schadow

I don't care what he "meant" to say. I know what he said. It may have been subliminal or just mindless reading of a stupid speech. The point is he said it and slammed the troops. He knew what he was about to say and it sounded right to him. If he meant it to be a slam against the president being dumb, Kerry was a D student, lower than the presidents grades.
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Senator Kerry

You do not speak for this veteran who is damn proud to have voluntarily worn the USAF and have a honorable discharge. My service to MY country was MY choice and MY pride of being an AMERICAN.

How dare you slander all the men and women who served and are still serving this great country of ours! You ARE a disgrace to all of us who ever have worn any military uniform.

Apologize? I would never accept an apology from you because just like you slandered your Vietnam brothers and sisters I would never believe a apology from you!

Shame on you Senator Kerry. You need to resign now! You are a disgrace to every American, not just those who have served!

Theresa Alwood
Belleville, IL

This is an e-mail I just sent to Senator Kerry.

His official site is http://kerry.senate.gov/

Not sure how much this will affect him, but darn it...he just ticked me off to no end. Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by Theresa Alwood on Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:45 pm; edited 4 times in total
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

American Legion to Sen. Kerry: Apologize Now
Oct 31 8:49 AM US/Eastern

To: National Desk

Contact: Ramona Joyce, 202-263-2982 or 202-445-1161 (cell), Joe March, 317-630-1253 or 317-748-1926 (cell), both of the American Legion

INDIANAPOLIS, Oct. 31 /U.S. Newswire/ -- The National Commander of The American Legion called on Sen. John Kerry to apologize for suggesting that American troops in Iraq are uneducated.

"As a constituent of Senator Kerry's I am disappointed. As leader of The American Legion, I am outraged," said National Commander Paul A. Morin. "A generation ago, Sen. Kerry slandered his comrades in Vietnam by saying that they were rapists and murderers. It wasn't true then and his warped view of today's heroes isn't true now."

While addressing a group of college students at a campaign rally in Pasadena, CA., Monday, Kerry suggested that they receive an education or "if you don't, you'll get stuck in Iraq."

"While The American Legion shares the senator's appreciation for education, the troops in Iraq represent the most sophisticated, technologically superior military that the world has ever seen," Morin said. "I think there is a thing or two that they could teach most college professors and campus elitists about the way the world works.

"And while we are on the topic of education, why doesn't the senator and his comrades in Congress improve the GI Bill so all of today's military members - reserves and guard included - can achieve the educational aspirations that the senator so highly values?" Morin said. "The senator's false and outrageous attack was over-the-top and he should apologize now."
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schadow wrote:
integritycounts wrote:
MSNBC Chris Matthews (Democratic Speech-writer pretending to be a non-partisan)....is claiming and portraying Kerry's remarks as being a statement about the President.

After reading Kerry's Pasadena City College speech and listening to it again and again, I think Matthews may be right about Kerry's intent to slam the President personally. In the Seattle rant, he couldn't quite bring himself to confirm that, instead naming Rummy and the 'Administration' for being 'stuck in Iraq'.

Schadow

I understand what you are trying to say. But in this case I don't think its even close. He was talking to Students, he was talking about what would happen to them. In the context of what he wrote, he was referring to what would happen to them if they did not study. To say it was a joke IS A JOKE....he was trying to warn the students. BTW nobody laughed, and its context of the joke can not be explained after the fact too.

Lets take Kerry on his word. Its a Joke.....How is attacking the President like he says he is doing....how is that funny?

Then we have to remember Kerry's contempt for Soldiers.

He says Vietnam era Soldier committed war crimes.
He says Current Soldiers in Iraq are committing war crimes.

This man despises soldier ALL THE TIME.

It should be of little surprise he thinks that soldiers are stupid.

Kerry is scum, of the worst kind. And its only a shocking he let out his true face and feelings in front of a camera.
<b> Of course the real story will also be how the Media will cover up for Kerry and spin it. Kerry is the leader of the Democrats, he is their face, he is who they wanted to become president just 2 years ago.
Mustang0302
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SF-180? No, not yet, and nobody even bothers to ask anymore.

How long now before the Senator tries to claim another Purple Heart for his latest self-inflicted wound?

Thanks again, Swiftees. You've got his number, and we're all in your debt.
RivanG
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://rnc.org/News/Read.aspx?ID=6694
mathman
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: sKerry Reply with quote

Where's the SF 180, Sen. Kerry?

Now, as to your remarks. You now claim that it was a botched joke. Would you carry out our foreign policy with botched jokes? Would you mix things up when meeting with chiefs of state of foreign nations?

What is it, specifically, which qualifies you to speak about the details of our war in Iraq? What combat school did you attend? When did you attend the Command and General Staff school? When did you attend the War College?
When, and for how long, did you serve at the G-3 level, at Corps or Theater level?
How many stars did you earn, while in your military career? Was it Admiral, Vice-Admiral, Captain, Commander?

What about your remarks would possibly inspire U S citizens to serve under your leadership?

I call upon you, Sen. Kerry, to go where you are loved. Abandon the United States. Move to North Vietnam. I know that they love you there, where you are a true war hero.
redleg2
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe sKerry still believes that there is a draft, and if the students get failing grades, they will lose their draft deferments and end up in Iraq.
Ohio Voter
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redleg2 wrote:
Maybe sKerry still believes that there is a draft, and if the students get failing grades, they will lose their draft deferments and end up in Iraq.

John Kerry is the gift to Republicans that keeps on giving. I have said it before, give the liberals enough rope and enough time and they will hang themselves.
NortonPete
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Confederate Yankee has this take.
Quote:
Kerry even goes so far as to insist that those who are enraged at his slur have resorted to lies and distortions, even though his comments were captured in print, audio, and video formats. The context of his comments was quite clear, and it is disingenuous for him to try to say the video evidence he freely gave of his own accord was a distortion.

His comments devolve from there into what even reads as a high-pitched and hysterical shrieking that seems to indicate that Kerry's immeasurable gaffe is somehow the Bush Administration’s fault. Certainly, the rant will play well on the far left fringe of the Democratic Party, but it serves to alienate almost everyone else in the country that expected a measured apology, not a second attack.

Like someone said before this guy is toast.

This from Powerline looks interesting.
Quote:
..John Kerry will be in Minnesota tomorrow to campaign with Democratic Congressional candidate Tim Walz. Our friend Lieutenant Colonel (Retired) Joe Repya issued this statement earlier this afternoon:

The men and women serving in the uniform of our nation are not fodder for politicians to joke about. By insulting veterans and active members of the United States military as uneducated losers, John Kerry owes an apology to all the brave men and women who have ever worn the uniform of our country. As a 2005 veteran of Operation Iraqi Freedom, I call on Tim Walz and the DFL Party to immediately denounce Kerry's deeply offensive remarks and rescind their invitations for Kerry to campaign in our state tomorrow.

Joe is being modest; he is not only a veteran of OIF, but also of Vietnam and the first Gulf War.

My guess is that Kerry will have apologized by tomorrow, but it will be interesting to see whether veterans turn out to protest his appearances in southern Minnesota.
homesteader
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So all that testimony before Congress in '71 was a botched joke! Who would believe a vet would insult, offend and falsely accuse other service members and vets?

This is GREAT! What a nice reunion of all the great wit, commentators and people of passion. Where is Kimmeymac?
Leeman
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my humble opinion the swiftboat vets have gotton so far under his skin & so far deep in his head that he feels that he has to act tough to combat the image of a loser ( made myself laugh).

He is a loser !!!

I personally am having a fun day everyone is playing his video & audio of what he said.

Sean Hannity was having a ball this afternoon on the radio..lol

"We are all Ghost now"
"But once we were men"

from an unsigned diary recovered from Cabanatuan Camp
Jarhead
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to see this MF'er waterboarded Laughing

"I am a bold Internationalist, I will only disperse American troups around the world at the discretion of the United Nations" - John Kerry

$UCK THE CORRUPT UNITED NATIONS - I am a Jarhead and I approve this message
dcornutt
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's quite easy...anytime someone is misunderstood...to clear things up if that is one's intention. That usually involves some sort of explanation, a mea culpa for mispeaking, an apology to those who were offended by the unintended mispeak....and everybody moves on. No big deal.

He (Kerry) has made a career out of "mispeaking" and being misunderstood and throwing unintentional fire at veterans and the military only to be indignant, etc..afterwards. It's not like it's the first time. What was the last one? Oh yea...our troops are "terroizing" Iraqi's?
What a great example he is setting for our higher education system. It's no wonder kids in school think "free speech" is when you assult or insult guest speakers that you do not agree with to keep them from speaking.

And perhaps someone might remind dumbass...that Bush has a higher IQ than he does...had better grades than he did...and...that Kerry LOST the election in 04. What a loser Kerry is. I feel sorry for his kids. Maybe he and Gore can team up on something.
NortonPete
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies for so many posts but I could not resist BBC Note

Quote:
George Bush and Dick Cheney have been working overtime (and racking up air miles) to rally conservative stalwarts in the final days before the elections, and on Monday they got a gift from an unexpected source: John Kerry.

kerry_ap203b.jpgAs the president was telling the good people of Texas that the Democrats did not want to win in Iraq, his former rival was in California insulting the troops.

Or so Mr Bush and his spokesman would have us believe. And when you review Mr Kerry’s comment, it’s hard to argue:

BBC the most Left.
This will be Kerry's final chapter. no matter how the '06 election turns out it
will be remembered more by this incident. He is done.

My Wife just said that the money I've been putting aside for '08 will wind
up being my beer money. She is a good Wife after all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: