SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Please DONATE to Swifts - even if it's $5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manelly
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I donated $25 twice and I have a Republican neighbor who recently moved to Texas, does that qualify me as rich Republican Donor in a 6 degrees to Kevin Bacon sorta way? Rolling Eyes
NavyBrat
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I'm one of those "Rich Republican donors"
I shop at Good Will, I buy only "on sale" items,
We drive older Toyota and Honda "crash" cars,
(recycled)meaning they have
been totaled, salvaged, reconditioned
and sold for a "heck of a deal"
All this so we have the priviledge of
paying the higher taxes and insurance of living in WV
(thanks to decades of Democrat rule)

My humble donations so far are:

$25 once
$10 once

hopefully more
when I can
(have kids in school)

Ps- Scott and Polaris- Sometimes I think of myself as a Libertarian until I imagine meth lab kits and cocaine in tablet form sitting on shelves at your local Walmart store next to the baby tylenol .Then I come to my senses Wink

I'm more Constitution Party oriented, which is fairly right wing.
Curtis H.
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropped a contribution off in the mail this morning. Thank you SBV's for your dedication (past and present) and efforts in trying to bring some truth to Kerrys campaign.
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm feeling so important here --- I gave $50 the day I joined this board and another $50 today ---

And I am Fat Embarassed , and female so I guess that could qualify me as a CAT Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes , and I am voting for Bush this year --- so that could make me a Republican Cool Cool , and I did live in Dallas several years ago --- so that could mean I am a Texan Laughing Laughing --- so the mystery is solved

I AM THE FAT CAT TEXAS REPUBLICAN ---- Surprised Surprised Surprised Laughing Laughing

I have to go now and catch my limo ---- oops I guess my little Toyota will have to do ---

Donate and you too can be a "FAT CAT" and join the conspiracy ---
You Bic?
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been a lifelong registered Democrat. Since Clinton, I will never vote Democrat again. When my party nominated Clinton who was drafted and refused to serve, fled his country in wartime to avoid military service, then they lost me forever.

I am going in the red each month taking care of my Dad, a WWII vet, Ist Mar D, Guadalcanal.

However, you got a letter in the mail with a 40 dollar donation in it incomming. You Swifties have made me so happy this last two weeks!

Viet Nam Mai! Mai!

RVN, 68,69,70
spudhorse
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the FEC deal is the final straw. I'm in for $25. Wish I could do more but I was laid off back in October so finances are a tad thin.

What's somewhat sad is that my father-in-law (WWII, Navy, PB4-Y2 Privateer, top turret gunner) will no doubt vote for Kerry since that's what 'middle class working people do.' Fortunately, I think my wife has finally seen the light that the Democrat party isn't what it was. Personally, I've been a lifelong Republican (an early memory is passing out cans of AU H2O*).

Best of luck to all the Swiftees.

Mark

* Goldwater for those in Rio Linda
CandiM
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been reading this forum for a couple of weeks now, but just registered today and made my contribution and.......well.......it's kinda like this:

I'm not a vet, but since I first heard Kerry's traiterous allegations made back in '71, I've put him right up there in the slimebucket category with Fat Teddy and that horrible, scary old hate monger, Robert Byrd--When he finally got the nomination, I found myself more committed to aiding in his defeat than I had ever been against any candidate for any office ever--

Now, being as how I live in Illinois, the vote that I cast for President Bush will have little impact considering the fact that Papa Kennedy bought and paid for Illinois' electoral votes into perpetuity back in 1960, I have to be a little more creative and find other ways to contribute to his defeat--

I'll be honest with you--I'm a little bit uncomfortable with the ads--Could be that, despite my conservatism, I'm a bit of a sissy girl, but I just detest the hostility and negativism in the whole political arena anymore--

That being said, I've seen and heard to much of you fine men who served in that time and place not to believe what you say and the unfortunate fact is, ads such as those that you are running work--No two ways about it--And, most things in this life being a trade-off, I had to decide what is more important, to me and to the future of our Country, in these troubled times--

So I wandered over here this afternoon and donated $10--But y'know what?--That just didn't seem to be enough--So I went back to give another $100 because seeing to it that John F. Kerry never becomes POTUS is way too important--It's a bit of a bite out of my budget because, contrary to being a "big money" anything, I presently find myself looking for work, but it's worth every cent--It'll be awhile before I'll be able to give more, but know that I will continue to contribute by way of getting your message out (I've got a big mouth, too!!) and keeping you all in my prayers--

Thank you all for what you are doing, and for the service you have given in the past, for our Country--C
Sun Tzu
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My father is a Democrat (Blue Dog)...served as a pilot in the USAF (Lockheed C-130D Hercules; 1962 to 1967)...and he will be providing financial support to this group.
SteamSnipe
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:25 am    Post subject: Donation drop down box Reply with quote

Is there any way to add drop down boxes for $150 on the donation page. It was kind of inconvient to make two donations. The gap between $100 and $250 was a little too much for this active duty sailor. I was going to wait until the first of the month to make my donation, but after the Democrats filed the complaint with the FEC, and seeing Richard Holbrooke on CNN saying this group is a pawn of the Republican party, I had alls I could stand, and I cants stand no more. Keep pushing the message!!!
PS Does this make me a part of the "shadowy, well-heeled Republican backers" of SwiftBoat Vets
Elli
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:33 am    Post subject: THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SERVICE! Reply with quote

I was introduced to your organization a few weeks ago through another website.

Thanks for all of your dedicated work. My husband and I have donated $200 so far to keep the ads running. We appreciate the information you are getting out the voting public and will do our part to spread your message for all Americans.
rdvrk219
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:48 am    Post subject: We Support You! Reply with quote

Our website, Rightnation.us has been following SBV4T and support your efforts. Many members have donated (including myself).

Please continue the fight for truth and do not allow the Kerry Machine (DNC, Moveon.org, NBCABCCBSCNNMSNBCWASINGTONPOSTNEWYORKTIMESLATIMESNPRPBS) to silence you!
McCloud
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did my small part and glad to do it. Got two teenage sons who will be going into the military soon. Gotta do what I can for them so they have a Commander in Chief they'll be proud to serve and who will never betray the small minority of this society who carry the weight for all the rest. God Bless the Swift Boat Veterans.

Last edited by McCloud on Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Curtis H.
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may have to send another check... Thanks to those who have and will. These guys are putting their necks on the line and need our support.
ProudDaughterofVet
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can no longer stand by and watch this man, John Kerry lie about what should be a sacred duty and honor, in the service to his country. The problem is that he served no one but himself, unlike these brave Swift boat vets. As a daughter of a vet from WWII and Korea, a man who served with honor and distinction, a man who I am so very proud of, I am now stepping up. His heart breaks as he watches Kerry..and soars when he watches our President stand by his men and women in the service.

No more Mr. Kerry..I do not have much to give, as most of you, but my check is in the mail..tonight..God bless you all, and the cause, I so humbly believe in..Kerry has no honor...none.

ProudDaughterofVet..and friend of Swift Vets! Cool
NavyChief
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know how much has been raised so far????

- instigator
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 4 of 18

Jump to: