SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KERRY PHONES SWIFT BOAT FOES
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scotty61
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The concern over this being bad for SBVFT reminds me of what Grant said when he took over the Army of the Potomac. His junior officers were always telling him "but you haven't been up against Bobby Lee". Grant replied, "Bobby Lee this and Bobby Lee that, you'd think he'd do a double summersalt and land in our rear. I want you to stop thinking about what he's going to do to us and start about what we're going to do to him!"

Good advice then and good advice now.
Dingbat
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re
Quote:
I wasn't talking about the swifties, I was talking about all the rest of the veterans."
Wish had made that clear last week when he was speaking to the VFW Razz
Sleepwalking? Does Theresa do that now?

1/101st ABN Song Be 3/82d ABN Phu Bai.
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Kerry should be put under scrutiny for "coordinating" with a 527 by making a phone call to the Swift Vet. It should go BOTH ways! Laughing
Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, he was accusing "the other veterans" not the Swifties, yet he testified that he too committed the "atrocities and war crimes" that he was complaining about.

Now how does that worK?

Maybe it was the other other veterans?

Anyone check Kerry's hand for some marbles?
SBVTSupporter
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crueladev,

My brother served in Vietnam and came home with a bullet hole in his upper thigh. Then spent months recuperating at Fort Knox. He never received a Purple Heart and I have never heard him whine about it. I am so greatful for the SBVT guys standing up for the truth about Kerry that I can't begin to express my graditude. I see his war hero claims, the three Purple Hearts for minor injuries and his actions after he came home as a total disrespect to the guys that died there or came home with major disabilities. Add to this his slanderous war crimes remarks directed toward everyone else and my blood just boils. The SBVT guys are doing this country a GREAT service by exposing him for what he really is... a self serving opportunist. Kerry is no different today than he was 35 years ago.
Chuck Z Ombie AC2000
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drudge didnt get the exclusive on the swiftvets i dont think, they held a press congerence months before the book, didnt they?. Drudge didnt get the exclusive on Monica Lewinsky either, he picked it up from another newspaper and the story built steam from there.
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[color=red]If Kerry really did say "When we dedicated swift boat one in '92, I said to all the swift guys that I wasn't talking about the swifties, I was talking about all the rest of the veterans."

OH. MY. GOSH. SO HE ONLY INTENDED TO SMEAR THE AIR FORCE, MARINES AND ARMY?

That's a big relief. Whew!
[/color]
SBVTSupporter
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, double post
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry:

Strange... Stupid...Stuck-Up
The man of a thousand faces
larrygj
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
KERRY: "When we dedicated swift boat one in '92, I said to all the swift guys that I wasn't talking about the swifties, I was talking about all the rest of the veterans."

This is truly staggering. By saying he exempted the Swift Boat Veterans from his atrocities and war crimes allegations in 1992, Kerry admits he still stood by those allegations as recently as 1992 as to all the other some 2.5 million Vietnam Veterans. What cynical gall. What incredible stupidity. As if that "exemption" would win over the Swifties.

He is going on the Jon Stewart show tonight, the first one-on-one with Kerry since SBVT's charges have ignited the press. Let's see what a bigger hole Kerry digs for himself (assuming Stewart, not exactly a journalist but nevertheless a Dem lap dog, doesn't use up all the time fawning on Kerry and playing to the Dem machine's evasive "talking points").

Larry
Bostonian
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mjanay wrote:
I swear to you, I'm not a plant, I just don't see the upside in this.

This was Kerry extending an olive branch. He made the call.

It was not an olive branch. He starts out by asking why the SBVT are opposed to him. He should understand by now exactly why they are opposed to him.

He called to find out how to get them to stop.

And he made things worse for himself by continuing to defame the rest of the vets. How many vets does he think will vote for him after that?

He has no understanding of people. None at all.
GIJoel2
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is the guy that Kerry called??? What's his background, and is this why none of Kerry's will come out and clear up the record...Xmas in Cambodia, etc.
napnip
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but Kerry can't have taped his phone conversation with Brant unless he had Brant's permission. (I'm certainly no legal expert.)

That being said, I hope Kerry did tape it. Because if he did, and it's illegal to tape a phone conversation without the other party's permission, then Kerry's ass is really gonna be in a sling. Especially if he uses soundbites from it for his campaign.
Ohio Voter
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pray someone can prove it. lol

Son Of The Godfather wrote:
Quote:
KERRY: "When we dedicated swift boat one in '92, I said to all the swift guys that I wasn't talking about the swifties, I was talking about all the rest of the veterans."

Oh Dear Lord. If this is what he said, it's over Johnny.

SOTG
Ohio Voter
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes and I for one would like to get back to a two party system where two healthy parties put forth goals for America and not goals for a power group agenda. I was a democrat at one time. Like Ronald Reagan, I can say I didn' t leave the democrat party, it left me. When the likes of McGovern, Ted Kennedy, Hanoi Kerry [and now Edwards] are fueling the democrats, I am out of there.

Chuck Z Ombie AC2000 wrote:
There are plenty of respectful democrats, Liberman, Zel Miller , Ed Koch for example (btw has anyone read his article on why he is voting for George Bush?). http://www.jewishworldreview.com/0804/koch_turncoat.php3

Its not the respectable dems fault they have so many left wing fanatics in their party.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: