SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

No more $300,000 days
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikeFlynn
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume the main point of this entire site is to keep John Kerry out of the oval office. The only way to do that is to appeal to the swing vote.

The only way to do that is raise a lot of cash to run TV ads.

If the point of this site is to provide a place for vets to chew the fat then you have a great site and you are right, the commercial shouldn't load automatically.

The vast majority of people who visit this site will visit once and never come back. That is the nature of web surfers. It is also the nature of web surfers not to downlad stuff unless they really need to.

In otherwords, not only are you missing out on their possible donations, you are also missing a chance to convert them.

Do people watching TV get to choose what commercials appear on their screen. Of course not. Advertisers wouldn't allow it.

But according to your logic, If enough people complain to CBS and ABC that their commercials are getting in the way of their TV watching they will somehow make the commercials optional.

No one can deny that alot more people will see the ad if it loads automatically.

And as for your argument about service denial attacks, there are easy ways around them.

Also if people want to get to the boards quickly, they can just link to them directly.

Remember the commercial is the sales pitch, not these boards.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving shortly to R&R

Thanks
minnie presley
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:50 pm    Post subject: re ads Reply with quote

I was listening to rush today and a lady from chicargo called in said was alife long dem, but after seeing a photo on hannity on monday night of kerry and the his demonstaters. marching with the flag upside down and mimicing the sloders putting flag on iojima, she was so upset, and was still very angry, and all her family who served in ww11 and vietnam were very upset, and that after seeing that photo she would npt vote for kerry, and she begged that, that photo be shown on every tv station and in all the newspapers, it is so powerful, can anyone see to it that it gets media attention
85 Scott
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I was listening to rush today and a lady from chicargo called in said was alife long dem, but after seeing a photo on hannity on monday night of kerry and the his demonstaters. marching with the flag upside down and mimicing the sloders putting flag on iojima, she was so upset, and was still very angry, and all her family who served in ww11 and vietnam were very upset, and that after seeing that photo she would npt vote for kerry, and she begged that, that photo be shown on every tv station and in all the newspapers, it is so powerful, can anyone see to it that it gets media attention

.....I was 11 when Vietnam ended. And although I don't remember a whole lot on the issues at the time, from the largely documented facts that I've learned since, thanks to websites like this one and others, I don't see how anyone could shaft their country and vote for the career-liar Kerry.

Also, I have to disagree on auto-loading of the add. Swiftboat add #2 is brilliant. That "he sold us out" line reaches across all parties.

But when I go searching out websites, I already know what I'm looking for. If I get bogged down from being forced to wait on endless downloads - then I am much more likely to leave and try some place else.

The last thing the average person will do on the internet is wait....and wait...and wait...

However, if I can look around, see what's in there, then it's much more likely I will come back if I liked what I saw.
Dragon
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 2:18 am    Post subject: Persistence Reply with quote

Regarding the mechanical trouble with the contributions page - I had to try three times for mine to get through last night, but it finally worked. Just keep at it - it will work!

Cheers,

Dragon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: