SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Max on mission to Crawford to stop SBV ads?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
taz
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they are so very desperate to get the ads stopped now before the anti-war stuff really gets going. he really has no credible defense for that and everything he said and did is documented!
Navymomx2
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmudd wrote:
Rassmann has had ten different stories on what happened so how can he claim they can't their keep stories straight?

Just heard Rassmann speaking, had to laugh when he said "I had bullets flying over me".............NOT ENEMY BULLETS..............just BULLETS!!
kmudd
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navymomx2 wrote:
kmudd wrote:
Rassmann has had ten different stories on what happened so how can he claim they can't their keep stories straight?

Just heard Rassmann speaking, had to laugh when he said "I had bullets flying over me".............NOT ENEMY BULLETS..............just BULLETS!!

LOL
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navymomx2 wrote:
kmudd wrote:

He did. No one disputes that. Just not enemy bullets...and Rassmann wasn't exactly in the best position to be a good witness.

Truth is Beauty
kmmpatriot
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One other thing....Someone asked about McCain and either Cleland or Rassman said that McCain had said and CONTINUES to say these ads are blahx3...Does anyone know if that is true??? I thought that McCain came out once, early on, and that was it....Anyone hear this??
kmudd

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmmpatriot wrote:
One other thing....Someone asked about McCain and either Cleland or Rassman said that McCain had said and CONTINUES to say these ads are blahx3...Does anyone know if that is true??? I thought that McCain came out once, early on, and that was it....Anyone hear this??

They didn't say McCain signed this letter either.
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:10 pm    Post subject: Cleland letter Reply with quote

Quote from pro-Kerry letter:

"Our pain from seeing these slanderous attacks stems from something much more fundamental, that if one veteran's record is called into question, the service of all American veterans is questioned."

Really, Mr. Kerry! How many veterans' records did YOU call into question in April 1971???

To paraphrase from Bill Clinton, the SBVT are "feeling your pain"!
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's because McCain didn't sign the letter....and don't think he wasn't asked to either. I find that significant.

Truth is Beauty
kmudd

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polaris wrote:
That's because McCain didn't sign the letter....and don't think he wasn't asked to either. I find that significant.

McCain must know he critized the SwiftVets before he knew the facts and now is questioning why he did that.
Navymomx2
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmudd wrote:

kmmpatriot
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should think that these Kerry supporters might want to be a little more careful about throwing his name and image around then. Methinks that could end up biting them in the collective tush!
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know one thing for sure, if I was a Swift Boat Vet. For Truth now on March 13th I'd be TICKED OFF. Here Rassmann is on TV calling Chenoweth, Thurlow, and all these guys "LIARS" and Rassmann is foaming at the mouth. Meanwhile, EVERYONE with the SVFT has been EXTREMELY respectful to everyone except Kerry. They have been very understanding, and have not badmouthed anyone except Kerry. You dont see them going out on TV noting Rassmann's MANY discrepencies in his "recollections" of the events, instead they focus on Kerry, which is the way it should be. I've been keepin' quiet about Rassmann, but personally, he gets under my skin now!
Navymomx2
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polaris wrote:
Navymomx2 wrote:
kmudd wrote:

He did. No one disputes that. Just not enemy bullets...and Rassmann wasn't exactly in the best position to be a good witness.

Exactly!!

I was so excited hearing that my point was if there was ENEMY fire then Rassmann should have said there was ENEMY BULLETS.

It was FRIENDLY fire!!!
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the free advertising Max. The Truth will out!
tvaughan
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just as a correction, the goal here was not to get Bush to stop the ads.

The goal here is to get the subject off Kerry's record and on to Bush's "slanderous" campaign strategy.

There are so many "big lies", I don't know where to begin. No one ever challenged Max Cleland's Vietnam record. He was challenged harshly on his voting record. He was not put on screen to say he was like Osama and Saddam, the relationship was do you want Max Cleland and his poor voting record in office while Osama and Saddam are still out there? (At the time Hussein was).

I personally have never seen an attack like I just saw by an official representing a campaign in my life. Never. Never. Not by someone representing a campaign.

With the media peddling the lies of that conference and not calling it what it obviously is... a lie. I do not think I know how the public is going to act.

I think someone has to hit back and hit back hard.
Talking point #1: Sign 180
Talking point #2: Sign 180
Talking point #3: Sign 180

Last edited by tvaughan on Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: