SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

823 Americans DEAD to date - 933 Total Coalition DEAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BrianC
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again - topics changed because the poor little victim Kyle has run out of pat, DNC-supplied answers.
Greenhat
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyleparr wrote:

Reagan did support death squads.

Where and when. Provide evidence.

Quote:
He did finance the Mujahadin and consequently Bin Laden,

Unrelated comments. One does not mean the other. Bin Laden was a bit player regarding the Mujahadin.

Quote:
he did support Iraq,

Not exactly.

Quote:
and he did break the law in Iran-Contra.

You should bother to actually read the investigation. That isn't what it says.
kyleparr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plausible deniability. It is all about it. You know all of that is true and are arguing the point to support your agenda.

According to the people here, all of the Republican presidents and admi nistrations are as good as gold. Angelic even. I bet I could post Nixon Watergate facts and you would somehow justify those.

For people that take the high moral ground and talk about values, it is amazing how quickly they will kill people and justify it. Oh....that's right. That is what the terrorists do too!!
Grampa
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember guys, that for liberals, history begins each morning and thus, they can say what they like, regardless of what really happened.

BAck on topic: Yes, the deaths we have had in Iraq have been worth it. Every picture I have showing smiling children and adults, every man who walked up to me over there and showed me a torture or bullet scar and thanked me, tells me that it was worth it. Two campaigns in the war on terror have freed 50 million people from insane dictatorships in the middle east. Like Reagan, GW understands that freedom is the natural state of humans and that it is sometimes necessary to fight for it, not merely wish for it.

Only a liberal could ***** about freedom.
kyleparr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noone is b****ing about it, except Jose Padilla who has been incarcerated for two years with no charges under executive order by our "Freedom" President.

If they are so happy Gramps, why do they try and blow us up EVERY SINGLE DAY?! they are not all al Qaeda/terrorists.

I don't like freedom at the end of a rifle and it would seem that the Iraqi's don't either.
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyleparr wrote:
Noone is b****ing about it, except Jose Padilla who has been incarcerated for two years with no charges under executive order by our "Freedom" President.

If they are so happy Gramps, why do they try and blow us up EVERY SINGLE DAY?! they are not all al Qaeda/terrorists.

I don't like freedom at the end of a rifle and it would seem that the Iraqi's don't either.

Kyle, I know you are not naive but sometimes you make the stupidest statements, and I really believe you are not stupid either.

Freedom at the end of a rifle? Please name all the countries that are considered "free" that didn't gain their freedom "at the end of a rifle". While you are at it, tell me about the ones that were able to stay "free" without using that rifle again.

Next. If you're so concerned about Jose, go demonstrate, start a fund...do something, but for God's sake quit whining about it. Be sure to give Jose your address, so he can set off his first dirty bomb close to you home if he gets set free.

Last. You started this thread on Iraq and how badly things are going there. I asked you how Kerry would fix all the things that are wrong in Iraq. Maybe you missed the question or I missed the answer, but I'd like to know what you think he will do to FIX IT.
Grampa
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="kyleparr"]Noone is b****ing about it, except Jose Padilla who has been incarcerated for two years with no charges under executive order by our "Freedom" President.

Why don't you go there and find out? I did.

You are so horribly wrong on so many levels about the situation over there. Its almost a parody of the leftwing view.

And Padilla deserves to be held as a combatant. The courts have agreed so far on this.

I personally think he should have his citizenship revoked and declared persona non grata for training with Al Qaeda in Afghanistan.
nakona
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyleparr wrote:
Plausible deniability.

Well, if we're going to invoke Plausable Deniability as an excuse, lets talk about Bill Clinton's involvement in the Oklahoma City Bombing.
kyleparr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grampa. You do not know what you are talking about with Padilla. The courts have sided with him on all counts. the justice department will not give up though.

12/18/2003 05:14 - The U.S. Second Circuit Court of Appeals has ruled that the President cannot legally order the continuing detainment of U.S. Citizen Jose Padilla, who was taken into custody O'Hare airport 18 months ago on suspicion of plotting to detonate a "dirty bomb". The court has ruled that the military cannot hold Padilla, although the court notes that he can be turned over to a civil authority to face charges. The court noted, "[...] we find that the President lacks inherent constitutional authority as Commander-in-Chief to detain American citizens on American soil outside a zone of combat."

Padilla case: President cannot detain U.S. citizen, seized on U.S. soil, as enemy combatant
2nd Circuit relied on arguments in Human Rights First brief
New York -- The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit held today that Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld must release U.S. citizen Jose Padilla from military custody within 30 days. The Court held that the executive branch does not have the constitutional or statutory authority to indefinitely detain U.S. citizens seized on American soil.

Appeals Court Stays Order To Free Padilla

Reuters
Friday, January 23, 2004; Page A02

NEW YORK, Jan. 22 -- A federal appeals court Thursday granted the Bush administration's request to delay an order that would force the government to release a U.S. citizen imprisoned as an enemy combatant.

The stay, issued by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit, gives the government time to pursue its case before the nation's highest court while Jose Padilla, an American citizen, remains imprisoned in a military jail.

In December, the 2nd Circuit ruled that President Bush lacked the power to order an American citizen, seized on U.S. soil, held as an enemy combatant. It ordered his release within 30 days.

However, the Justice Department appealed the ruling to the Supreme Court and asked the 2nd Circuit to stay its December order.
kyleparr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please. Let's talk about Clinton's role in the OK City bombing.

Laughing
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carpro wrote:
kyleparr wrote:

Kyle, I know you are not naive but sometimes you make the stupidest statements, and I really believe you are not stupid either.

Freedom at the end of a rifle? Please name all the countries that are considered "free" that didn't gain their freedom "at the end of a rifle". While you are at it, tell me about the ones that were able to stay "free" without using that rifle again.

Next. If you're so concerned about Jose, go demonstrate, start a fund...do something, but for God's sake quit whining about it. Be sure to give Jose your address, so he can set off his first dirty bomb close to you home if he gets set free.

Last. You started this thread on Iraq and how badly things are going there. I asked you how Kerry would fix all the things that are wrong in Iraq. Maybe you missed the question or I missed the answer, but I'd like to know what you think he will do to FIX IT.

Once again, how will Kerry fix Iraq?
kyleparr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not exactly sure. I am sure that the way Bush is "fixing it" is not working.

I would guess that world cooperation would be a lot easier to get with Kerry in office. I am also guessing that we would have some more credibility with the world community. I am not the worlds biggest fan of Kerry, but I certainly am disgusted by Bush and his cronies.

Bush had a chance to garner sympathy and build our nations role as a real world leader, yet made us look like bullies and tough guys that roam the halls beating people up. He also built and imperialistic identity for the U.S. with his actions. His complete disregard of international law and the UN disgusted the world community. His continued disregard of human rights and duplicitous stands continue to erode our image.

Kerry may not be the best answer, but he is another answer. Until we have a third-party, I am voting AGAINST Bush.
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyleparr wrote:
I am not exactly sure. I am sure that the way Bush is "fixing it" is not working.

I would guess that world cooperation would be a lot easier to get with Kerry in office. I am also guessing that we would have some more credibility with the world community. I am not the worlds biggest fan of Kerry, but I certainly am disgusted by Bush and his cronies.

Bush had a chance to garner sympathy and build our nations role as a real world leader, yet made us look like bullies and tough guys that roam the halls beating people up. He also built and imperialistic identity for the U.S. with his actions. His complete disregard of international law and the UN disgusted the world community. His continued disregard of human rights and duplicitous stands continue to erode our image.

Kerry may not be the best answer, but he is another answer. Until we have a third-party, I am voting AGAINST Bush.

Geez,

Do you read? An accepted (by Iraqis) interim democratic government in Iraq. Full UN security counsel support. Full membership in the UN. General elections next January. Dramatically reduced violence in May and so far in June. 25 million free of a despotic megalomanical tyrant. It took 7 years to get this far in Germany. 15 months in Iraq. Engage your brain not your TV remote control.
waltjones
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not exactly sure. Just like Kerry.

I am sure that the way Bush is "fixing it" is not working. Yes, it is, and it's working a lot better than the gloom and doomers ever thought it would!

Semper Fi!
kyleparr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kurds Warn They May Abandon Iraqi Government - Most recent news

Going well. I will believe that it is a real government when they send us packing.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: