SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RNC first night! speeches. Kerry is toast!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This convention has shown a major difference in style when compared with the Democratic convention. Much more upbeat, even my wife said that the delegates looked like a better class of people. McCain was OK, but I don't think he looks all that healthy, and for my money his speech lacked the emotion that it should have had. McCain had some good points, I'm not trying to slime him. Rudy, was Rudy, always great, IMO, he'll run in 2008, and be VERY tough to beat. Tomorrow we get Ahhnode, and I predict a good rousing display from him. Every night looks like it will be a hit. And every night that goes by John f-ing Kerry takes those hits. That makes me happy all over again. Laughing
RocketFett
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ogre, welcome! Definitely read the transcript. It was a really beautiful speech she gave. Very sincere and gracious too. You could tell she meant it.

Robert, VERY profound! Great points!
twinkleUSA
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite adlib from Giuliani's speech:

Quote:
Now, when Saddam Hussein invaded Kuwait in 1990, John Kerry voted against the Persian Gulf War.

AUDIENCE: Boooo.

GIULIANI: Ah, but he must have heard your booing because -- because later he said he actually supported the war.

Great night of speeches! IMHO of course Wink
RocketFett
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That part had slipped my mind. That part was SOOO funny. Smile "Ah but he must have heard you!" HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ogre:
Quote:
Perhaps they're going to feed him lots of candy and use him for a pinata to help get the Hispanic vote.

Please, I was drinking coffee when I read that. Look at the mess. Laughing
Thinker
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This night was not only inspiring but educational.

This opening night did a succesfull job of showing that the Democrats( and the media) are truly still trying to live on 9/10/2001....they are like a person not willing to admit an age past 29.

I was awestruck at my own forgetfulness of how I felt on that day. And the days that followed. I was moved to tears by Mrs. Burnetts account of what happened that morning. And the other two accounts. Chip's sister recounting his service in the Gulf War not thinking he would be in a fight on an airliner when he was flying it before it ran into the Pentagon. Ending those stories with Amazing Grace was perfect and the moment of prayer showed the civlity of the delagates.

Yes they jabbed Kerry on his " never-ending stories" but what they really pointed out was that something happened on 9/11/2001 that was not just a bad dream. And it had far more implications than just a couple planes running into something. Now we are to choose a leader to get us through all this.....and the best the Dems could come up with was Kerry 'cause he served in Nam for 4 months.......wow they truley have their head in the sand............Dems new motto " Let's go back to 9-10"
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
This night was not only inspiring but educational.

This opening night did a succesfull job of showing that the Democrats( and the media) are truly still trying to live on 9/10/2001....they are like a person not willing to admit an age past 29.

I was awestruck at my own forgetfulness of how I felt on that day. And the days that followed. I was moved to tears by Mrs. Burnetts account of what happened that morning. And the other two accounts. Chip's sister recounting his service in the Gulf War not thinking he would be in a fight on an airliner when he was flying it before it ran into the Pentagon. Ending those stories with Amazing Grace was perfect and the moment of prayer showed the civlity of the delagates.

Yes they jabbed Kerry on his " never-ending stories" but what they really pointed out was that something happened on 9/11/2001 that was not just a bad dream. And it had far more implications than just a couple planes running into something. Now we are to choose a leader to get us through all this.....and the best the Dems could come up with was Kerry 'cause he served in Nam for 4 months.......wow they truley have their head in the sand............Dems new motto " Let's go back to 9-10"

Beautiful Post!

Hear Hear
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone,

As some of you know, I was a (Democratic...sadly) political operative when I was younger having been raised in a political family. As such, I was educated in how to tell good conventions and campaigns from bad. Kerry's campaign this past month and his response to us has been a disaster....'nuff said.

However, compare the DNC to the RNC. The RNC is fired up, on message, and genuinely stand for something rather than against something. Furthermore, there is copious amounts of red-meat and enthusiasm...and that translates into confidence which is essential for any political campaign....yet I see no signs of arrogance.

All said, this is shaping up to be a much more effective and meaningful (not to mention entertaining...which is vitally important too) convention than what the DNC had. As such I expect a significant bounce from this convention....especially since the SBVT has shook up the electorate and made them fluid enough to change their minds about Kerry.

We'll see if I am right by the end of the week, but if President Bush can close this convention off with as much vigor as it started, then I would have to say that he will be in excellent shape.

Truth is Beauty
Thinker
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks GenXer....I had to get that off my chest. Cool
GenrXr

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Everyone,

As some of you know, I was a (Democratic...sadly) political operative when I was younger having been raised in a political family. As such, I was educated in how to tell good conventions and campaigns from bad. Kerry's campaign this past month and his response to us has been a disaster....'nuff said.

However, compare the DNC to the RNC. The RNC is fired up, on message, and genuinely stand for something rather than against something. Furthermore, there is copious amounts of red-meat and enthusiasm...and that translates into confidence which is essential for any political campaign....yet I see no signs of arrogance.

All said, this is shaping up to be a much more effective and meaningful (not to mention entertaining...which is vitally important too) convention than what the DNC had. As such I expect a significant bounce from this convention....especially since the SBVT has shook up the electorate and made them fluid enough to change their minds about Kerry.

We'll see if I am right by the end of the week, but if President Bush can close this convention off with as much vigor as it started, then I would have to say that he will be in excellent shape.

Thank you Polaris,

That was very honest, spirited & to the point for those people that feel the same way. I for one felt patriotic tonight. First time in a long time.

Thanks again Polaris!
GenrXr

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Thanks GenXer....I had to get that off my chest.

It was huge Thinker! You brought back best in your own words how the most important point of tonight was the widows/families words. Cannot really say anything more.
Thinker
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polaris I agree,

It's about conviction and passion. If you truley believe something you can poor yourself into it without reservation. You could do it blindfolded. It's in your heart and guides you. This convention is exactly that. Conviction and passion on display.

Hate cannot lift people. Just make them angry. How can you possibly vote FOR someone you know nothing about just because they spoon feed you hate towward the opponent? Then to find the person fostering that hate to get your vote is a pathalogical liar has to be the worst joke any one could play on even their worst enemies. Kerry is toast!
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*nod* More to the point, Thinker, convinction is contagious. If your party is convinced that they stand for something, then others are more willing to stand with you...or at least listen to you. That is especially true when you have an electorate that is undergoing a flux, and right now this electorate is thanks to the SBVT.

Truth is Beauty
Thinker
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polaris

You speak truth like no other. In this whole thread we all have to agree that the SBVFT have been a " LASERBEAM" ( like DR Evil would say) of truth and have shown how remaining consistant and with the truth on your side you can move mountains ( and the MSM)

Thanks SBVT
Stevie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, our convention is off to a super duper start!!!!
I've gotta look for those arm bands.... oh, wait.... I taped it earlier.... I can look on the tape!

oh boo to the dems.... they also said we'd better not bring up 9/11 !!!

who do they think they ae anyway? I say if they say 'don't do it' ... then do it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: