SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Delegate Wears 'Purple Heart' Bandages
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take one box of cheap, shiny bandaids...draw a purple heart with a purple magic marker....Voila!

MJB
drjohn
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have to bleed to wear one of these or can you just have a minor contusion? Wink
swing votr
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"It is not in any way defaming of them, because I know people who have received Purple Hearts and I know that they're not boasting about their war record. They're proud of their serving their country. And, I mean, I just met a woman who lost her husband yesterday in Iraq. And there's a whole entirely different mood."
I completley agree that this was in no way intentionally trying to upset veterans, but I have no doubt that some will be upset, partly because of the political affiliation. Of course Kerry jumps on it, and he is over reacting.

But is she justifying what she is doing by saying " And, I mean, I just met a woman who lost her husband yesterday in Iraq. And there's a whole entirely different mood." It seems like utter ridiculousness to justify placing a purple sticker (representing a purple heart) as being justifiable to every soldier because you had a single conversation with one woman who lost her husband. I guarantee that she has no clue as the pain endured by families who have lost loved ones, yet talking with them justifies her actions?
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

integritycounts wrote:
BrianC wrote:
"It is inexcusable for a delegate to mock anyone who has ever put on a soldier's uniform," said Democratic Chairman Terry McAuliffe. "It is inexcusable to mock service and sacrifice."
-- Terry 'The Mouth' McAuliffe, August 30, 2004

BUT MONTHS AGO:

"I look forward to that debate when John Kerry, a war hero with a chest full of medals, is standing next to George Bush, a man who was AWOL in the Alabama National Guard," McAuliffe said. "George Bush never served in our military in our country. He didn't show up when he should have showed up."
-- Terry 'The Hypocrite' McAuliffe, February 9, 2004

Nice quotes

... and he was dead serious about saying one of those things, for now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: