SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Did any one hear Rather on CNN? I posted the transcript
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
debinNC
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="wednesdaychild"]Could someone help me. If someone could give me some e-mail addresses to write to I'll send eveyone of them a post.

If you scroll down, you will see a list of sponsor contact info:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1212455/posts
MassInd
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sonar5,

Looks good. Laughing

Last edited by MassInd on Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gulf1609 wrote:

RATHER: ... I want to make clear to you, I want to make clear to you if I have not made clear to you, that this story is true, and that more important questions than how we got the story, which is where those who don't like the story like to put the emphasis, the more important question is what are the answers to the questions raised in the story, which I just gave you earlier.

Okay let me get this straight:

Rather presents a story with sourced with bogus documents and insists that the content of the story be addressed not the "source". But the SwiftBoat Vets for Truth present and story and instead of focusing on the content of that story they focus on a the claim of a "bogus" source--- Republican conspiracy.

Oh yes, I understand completely now.
kmmpatriot
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Oh yes, I understand completely now.

I'm with ya~ jataylor~ Welcome to the 2004 Presidential Election Cycle~ where MSM is trying to make sure that fantasy gets more play than reality....

Calgon~ Take me away!!!

~Kylie
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly jataylor11 - this thing is so two faced it stinks to high heaven...it's open season on mainstream media bias in my view - the old networks will never again have even a vestige of their once touted, never questioned (no more!) objectivity, prestige and professionalism. We've now hit the age of partisan news channels and that's true for all sides..the question will be who can we trust more? Perhaps more to the point - which side will have more enthusiastic fact checkers (read bloggers, etc) and proof readers. I think we know the answer to that! Along those lines, conservative and independent newsgathering organizations, that have professional pride in fact checking (unlike CBS) and "getting the story straight and right will have an excellent opportunity to fill in the vacuum left by discredited organizations like CBS and the old time networks.

Keep finding the errors and omissions in all the MSM pieces and write and call their outlets...these dying beasts will struggle on for some time and we need to keep bringing them to task on "professionalism, accuracy and the like."

Along these lines I called the AP this morning in Washington DC [(202) 776-9400] to ask them about this paragraph in an AP report by Matt Kelley with a DC tagline entitled, "Bush Piloted Guard Trainers Before He Quit."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uslatest/story/0,1282,-4485970,00.html
http://www.bentoncourier.com/articles/2004/09/10/ap/headlines/d850nrdo0.txt
This article contained the sentence:
“Republican critics have accused Democratic presidential nominee John Kerry, a decorated Vietnam combat veteran, of fabricating the incidents which led to his five medals.”

I asked the AP in DC what Kelley meant by "Republican critics" and whether he was referring to the Swift Vets and someone named Kara said – “the Swift Vets have had ties to the Republican party so I think that’s a fair thing to say.” Right..."Fair"...in your foggy brain I suppose!

I told her it should read "Some Vietnam Veterans" or "Critics..." Perhaps a minor point except they pound and pound this stuff at us til the "masses" are brainwashed. So it's high time we held 'em to account!

I think the suggestion to boycott CBS until they source their bogus docs is a fine idea...

Sleepless in Seattle
rparrott21
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had read where he was told before hand that this might be a fake, but did the show anyway...he knew what he had and went ahea anyway...he like others want to bring down the President....fired and jail time...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: