SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KERRY comments on today's (9/15) IMUS show
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

arymann wrote:
I still wonder if Kerry will become "ill" and drop out of the race. Have you noticed how his voice has changed lately? Seems a little raspy and very weak. Of course, it could be that he's despondent, suffering from severe depression, under tremendous stress, fill-in-your-own-blank. But, he hasn't been out giving passionate speeches day after day, which would tend to weaken his voice.

Imus is fanatic about health issues.

From the transcript:
Quote:
IMUS: You know what would've been funny -- I mean, I don't know whether you'd think it would've been funny or not -- but if he'd've... what's the matter with your throat?

KERRY: I'm doing great, actually.

IMUS: Well, why are you coughing and hacking then?

KERRY: Well, because I'm imitating you in the morning.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6009011/

That's an interesting analysis, and probably has some validity in terms of him being depressed. Keep this in mind, though, people like Kerry score elevations of the 2 (Depression) and 4 (Anti-social) scales on the MMPI (Minnesota Multi-phasic Personality Inventory. That profile is associated with people who only become depressed when they are in trouble of some kind. When the trouble somehow passes, they are no longer depressed. Therefore, they would not meet the criteria for Major Depressive Disorder. They are only depressed because their fragile ego-strength associated with Narcissistic Personality Disorder is threatened.
Misty
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zinfella wrote:
Misty wrote:
GST wrote:
You have to take these interviews with a grain of salt. I'll bet Kerry agreed to do this interview with the stipulation that Imus not ask certain questions. "Interviews" like this amount to campaign ads with the payment to the host being a larger audience. You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours.

I think Clinton opened Imus's door for Kerry.

After the way Imus bad mouthed Clinton at a White house dinner, in front of all of the guests and press, I don't think that is at all likely.

Ha! I had forgotten about that. LOL. You are probably right.
Brother was on the USS Regulus - Vietnam
Husband was AirForce 3rd (34th) Tactical Fighter Wing - Security Police Bien Hoa Vietnam
arymann
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an op-ed from the Washington Times that puts into perspective the Imus interview and nails Kerry to the wall!

I especially like the last paragraph:

Excerpt:

Quote:
In addition, Mr. Kerry attempted yesterday to falsely imply that the military is to blame for the media's failure to gain access to his full military records. Asked about a complaint by The Washington Post that the records are not being released, Mr. Kerry suggested that his campaign was "trying" to get them, but the military was standing in the way. This is a distortion that must not go unchallenged. With regard to his personnel records, Mr. Kerry has the authority to order their release. He has not. No amount of spin or parsing of words by the candidate or his surrogates will change the truth.

http://www.washtimes.com/op-ed/20040915-090158-8290r.htm

Quote:
Kerry's disingenuous spin
In an effort to rescue his failing presidential campaign, John Kerry went on Don Imus' nationally syndicated radio show yesterday to hammer the Bush presidency and persuade the American people that he offers a credible alternative. Instead, by continuing to offer empty rhetoric on Iraq and disinformation about his failure to produce his military records, Mr. Kerry illustrated once again why his campaign continues spiralling downhill.

On Iraq, Mr. Kerry says he wants to bring all of the troops home by the end of his first term. He blamed President Bush for the refusal of France, Germany and others in Europe to support the war effort in Iraq. Mr. Kerry added that, if elected, he has a plan to deal with the continued refusal of European nations to live up to their promises to do more to help train Iraqi security forces. What is Mr. Kerry's grand plan? "I would immediately call a summit meeting of the European community." Mr. Kerry didn't say what this summit meeting is supposed to achieve. But the implication is that Mr. Kerry will use his extraordinary persuasive powers (presumably in a more effective way than he is doing in his presidential campaign) to get the French, Germans and others to help.

The main problem with this is that there is virtually no chance that any of it will ever happen. Even if France, Germany et al. were interested in helping out with more troops, the Europeans don't have the military infrastructure right now to make much of a contribution. And why on earth would they want to, given the fact that Mr. Kerry (at least until the next focus-group results come in) says openly that he wants to pull out by the end of his first term? But, when one reads the full transcript of Mr. Kerry's Imus show interview, it becomes clear that Mr. Kerry's main interest isn't coming up with a coherent strategy to win in Iraq, but to bash the president. The Massachusetts Democrat, in a reprise of the sort of rhetoric he and his Vietnam Veterans Against the War pals used in the 1970s, taunted Mr. Bush during the interview: "What's your plan, Mr. President, to stop these kids from being killed?"

In addition, Mr. Kerry attempted yesterday to falsely imply that the military is to blame for the media's failure to gain access to his full military records. Asked about a complaint by The Washington Post that the records are not being released, Mr. Kerry suggested that his campaign was "trying" to get them, but the military was standing in the way. This is a distortion that must not go unchallenged. With regard to his personnel records, Mr. Kerry has the authority to order their release. He has not. No amount of spin or parsing of words by the candidate or his surrogates will change the truth.
d19thdoc
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't read all of this thread, but I did read all of the Imus interview transcript. Did anyone already notice that Kerry admitted his whole antiwar project was a "pack of lies." He hasn't read Unfit for Commamnd, including Part II. Since Part II is mostly about his own statements - and since he describes the whole book as "a pack of lies," then that must include his own statements as well as all the rest!!! Rolling Eyes

This only goes to confirm that a jerk is a jerk, and that arrogance has its own reward.

IMUS – Kerry Interview 9/15/04
Excerpt on Unfit for Command

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6009011/

On the O'Neill book
IMUS: Did you read "Unfit for Command?"
KERRY: No.
IMUS: Did anybody on your staff?
KERRY: I have no idea.
IMUS: Why wouldn't you want to know what's in it? It's the No. 1 "New York Times," of course, it says nonfiction bestseller.
KERRY: Because they have right wing people to buy them in bulk, and that's what they're doing.
IMUS: No, I understand.
KERRY: Look, it's a pack of lies. It's an absolute pack of lies. It's been proven to be a pack of lies, and I have no interest in reading it.
larrygj
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's a pack of lies is that Traitor John and everybody on his overloaded campaign staff haven't read Unfit for Command. You can bet he read every page and got himself so fumed up he started charging off in all the wrong directions like a raging girlie-boy, including dreaming up the idiotic Rathergated "Privileged Son" campaign. The beauty of it: the electorate gets to see for the first time how ineptly he runs an organization, and they don't want him anywhere near the Oval Office.

This boy has more than a couple of self-inflicted wounds.

Bwahhahaha! Razz
jimlarsen
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's some real logical thinking. He hasn't read it, but he knows it's a pack of lies because the right-wing people are buying it in bulk.

Those words ought to be written in stone and chained to his feet.
WebTalk
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just going through the interview transcripts and got a good laugh about Imus
thinking it would have been funny when "W" addressed the NG that he would have said
"Reporting ( with a salute ) for duty , finally!"

But the more poingnat comment was saying he didn't think those guys have a sense of humor.

Kerry got a taste of that this afternoon.
larrygj
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry's craven opportunism and utter lack of moral core are not always transparent. So again a 1,000 hosannahs for Unfit for Command and the courage of the Swifties to answer the call to service to our country one more time.

I part with Sen. Zell on only one point: Kerry not only lacks judgment, he is also no patriot. He is and has always been the worst kind of traitor, a wolf in sheep's clothing, grabbing medals on the cheap in a war he entered without believing in right from the start, with his only motivation to make himself look like a war hero so that he could be all the more effective as an anti-war activist. At least Gen. Benedict Arnold believed in the American cause and won some battles for the Revolution before chickening out and selling himself out to the enemy and fleeing to London. Kerry does not merit even that distinction.

I often feel as if I am in a surreal world this election year, with this country at war yet no support at all for our troops in Iraq from the self-indulgent myth-loving leftists who have hijacked the Democratic Party, with its fuzzy America-hating Hollywood and MTV values and Michael Moore's propaganda shots.

And amongst them all, calling them the "heart and soul of America," there's Traitor John, morphed as vet talking to the National Guard today, for God's sakes, telling them how their brothers and sisters in the field are fighting a hopeless fight in a quagmire called Iraq, trying to demoralize them in just the same way he tried to demoralize the troops in Vietnam after he bugged out in order to promote himself and further the enemy cause in Paris and make himself a star in the radical element of the anti-war movement. And for this his reward should be the presidency? Have we declined as a country this far that such a person should have even a chance to be Commander in Chief?

How can a major political party run a traitor and a sociopath as its chosen candidate for the presidency? How is it possible that so many people plan to vote for him? Bush ain't perfect, but he should be at least 20 to 25 points ahead of this monster by now, not 2 or 4 or 11. Carter, Mondale, Dukakis, Clinton, Gore -- say what you will about them, compared to Kerry they look like screaming patriots.

You just gotta hope that the American people in their gut will look at this guy and shudder. That's why I look forward to the debates, where it will get up close and personal. There won't be any handlers and Teresa and advisors and surrogates and CBS News to protect him...just that empty windbag soulless zero who has no idea who he is...and the incumbent.

The republic is unnecessarily at peril. A true patriot Democrat would have said, "We are war, and in times of war we all have only one President. I support him in this war and our troops in the field. I will be sure that, like our President, they will get all they need to win. Let no enemy of ours think that on this we are divided. But as to how we should order our affairs at home, on issues of health care, education, the challenge of the Baby Boomers' retiring, the environment, energy policy, crime, immigration and so many other neglected issues here at home, let's let this election be about how we want to be here at home. And let the world know there are no issues here about the fight on terrorism and victory in Iraq." Any Democrat saying that would put the focus on the shakier parts of this administration and assured us all that regardless of outcome, on matters of safety and national security, none of us needs to worry.

It was not that long ago in times of war that that was how the two major political parties went about conducting presidential elections. And it would therefore not matter much who won. Now it definitely does.

Larry
larrygj
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there's hope:
Quote:
A Gallup poll being released Friday has Bush up 54-40 in a three-way matchup, with Ralph Nader (news - web sites) at 3 percent.

from http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&e=3&u=/ap/20040916/ap_on_el_pr/campaign_rdp
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: