SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

John O'Neill - Nightline - Post Comments HERE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sevry
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DougReese wrote:

Here you go again.

Or rather - there you go again. If one doesn't ask . . you know. And you're furious upset because I did? and because I tend to repeat the questions when you don't answer? But you are the 'expert', after all, and not me. You were there - I was not.

Quote:

1. The 18-20 years old was an estimate. Two of us agreed on that, but it was an estimate. We didn't check his birth certificate. I'll do that later, though.

But did anyone ask you to do that, Doug? I certainly didn't suggest anything of the sort.

And now you are O'Donnell-like furious - correct?

Quote:

So I'm looking down at him, focused on the fact that he appeared to be the same age as the other guy. I had been in Vietnam almost a year at this point, and had seen quite a few dead bodies. There was nothing notable about this dead body to set it apart from the others I had seen. The fact that he was wearing shorts (a loincloth, whatever) also was noted. And yes, I know the villagers said he was wearing PJ's as was usually the case. I disagree.

But listen. You certainly don't disagree with John O'Neill - or who like Larry O'Donnell you probably still have no tone of respect for the man? Right? I did ask many times that you might just relate what happened, what you actually saw, etc. You wound up saying your only source of information was Kerry himself. And what you claimed Kerry told you, isn't what Kerry later said about the incident.

(Deleted by Admin)

Quote:

This was 35 years ago. Some memories are vivid. Some aren't.

Of course. Of course. And if you're telling the truth, then so be it. I truly pray that's the case. After all, as you say - 35 years is a long time. The second-hand info from Kerry himself - IS - useful. Thanks for that. And you do realize that you are contradicting the war stories of the very man you support for Commander in Chief?

Btw, that 35 years and 'nut-zing' new? Pick a story, Doug. You're contradicting yourself.

Quote:

And who is to say the wound wasn't from side-to-side?

And you just admitted you didn't see the entry or exit wound. And you were standing right over the corpse.

Others here want to know the color of the guy's eyes. That's for them. Me, I just want you to tell the truth. If you didn't see but one wound on the guy's leg, and that he wore the loincloth and could have been a kid just like O'Neill's always said, and that the rest you got from Kerry, himself, on the scene, then that's literally how it is. If that's the truth of it, that's all people want. You can attempt to denigrate people all you like. But all anyone wants is the truth, Doug - like it or not.

And speaking of questions, let me repeat the question I did ask after you confessed to being a Kerry supporter, which no one ever doubted:

Quote:

Which is all the more surprizing. I mean, Afganistan 'out - sourcing'? C'mon Doug. Kerry was awarded a Silver Star and Bronze Star on missions involving, well . . . . you guys. In fact - you. Did you believe you were involved in 'out - sourcing', Doug?

Is that how you saw it at the time? Yet given all that, somehow, you . . are "pro-Kerry'.

Maybe Macbeth DID have it right?

Have you had a chance to look up that quote from Macbeth? Have you had a chance to look up the word - outsourcing?

I hope so.
DougReese
Former Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sevry wrote:
DougReese wrote:

Here you go again.

Or rather - there you go again. If one doesn't ask . . you know. And you're furious upset because I did? and because I tend to repeat the questions when you don't answer? But you are the 'expert', after all, and not me. You were there - I was not.

Furious? Me, furious? You really haven't read any of my past posts, have you? I don't think saying "Here you go again" indicates someone is furious.

Anyway, I'm going to check when the guy was born for the simple reason that I am very curious to know if the other guy & I were correct -- both on the age, and what he was wearing. You can be dead certain I'm not doing it for any reason even remotely related to anything you've said/implied, or that I thought you said/implied. I am doing for my own reasons, the same as when I went there in March.

I have said fro the outset that I was a Kerry supporter. For that matter, it's in Unfit for Command.

I'm not all the big on denigrating people, but once in a great while, I'll be less than kind. Big deal. Again, if you look at all my posts (OK, just a few) you will see that's the case. If not, my but would have been banned long ago. So enough for this "no tone of respect" stuff, if you don't mind.

I may have seen the entry/exit wound. I don't know -- I just don't remember.

Doug
drjohn
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Deleted by Admin)

Admin note: Either refrain from ad hominem or I will be forced to lock the thread. While it may be appropriate to inquire about Mr. Reese's motivation, observations suggesting a motivation will not be entertained in this forum.

Thanks
Mona
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doug Reese: I and many asked you days ago why you are supporting Kerry. You've posted on other matters since, but have not addressed that question.

It would be civil and polite of you to simply say so if you decline to answer that inquiry. Otherwise, please respond in substance to that question.

Thank you.
DougReese
Former Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DougReese wrote:
Mona wrote:
I've read this thread w/ a good deal of fascination and I, also, would like to know Mr. Reese: Why do you feel John Kerry should be President of the United States?

Anyone else Smile

Doug

And for all of you who have asked this question, my answer remains the same as what I said here, back around June.

I feel he's the better man for the job.

Doug
DougReese
Former Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

USAF66-70 wrote:
Hey Doug, any thoughts/comments regarding the “Statement of Solidarity with our Swift Boat Brothers-in-Arms from Special Forces Vietnam Veteran,” signed by 356 Special Forces Vietnam Veterans?

Sure. How about "Couldn't they do any better than that? What are there -- 10,000 - 20,000 (more?) SF vets?"

Doug
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DougReese wrote:

And for all of you who have asked this question, my answer remains the same as what I said here, back around June.

Doug

FEEL? What the F***???

(Deleted by Admin) instead of just "feel" your way through life? Feel is an emotion, not a well considered conscious thought. Liberals "feel", everyone else thinks!

(Deleted by Admin)

Admin note: We have reached the conclusion of this dialogue about Mr. Reese's personal motivations. Any further dialogue between Mr. Reese and forum members on this topic should be taken to PM. Please return to "on topic" comments and cease the personal inquiry. Thanks
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DougReese wrote:
USAF66-70 wrote:
Hey Doug, any thoughts/comments regarding the “Statement of Solidarity with our Swift Boat Brothers-in-Arms from Special Forces Vietnam Veteran,” signed by 356 Special Forces Vietnam Veterans?

Sure. How about "Couldn't they do any better than that? What are there -- 10,000 - 20,000 (more?) SF vets?"

Doug

How many SF vets does Kerry have signed up in a similar manner?

How many CMH recipients have signed such an endorsement of Kerry?

Does Kerry have 330 Flag Officers who support him?

Just wondering if you know.
USAF66-70
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doug:
Quote:

[and]

And for all of you who have asked this question [why Kerry?], my answer remains the same as what I said here, back around June. I feel he's the better man for the job.

Silly me. Guess I was hoping YOU could do better than that, maybe provide a little more explanation as to why you feel the way you feel … you know, like the signed documentation & explanation provided by SBVT, POW, the SF guys. But then, as you say, that’s only a few hundred vets. (Alas, if Kerry had just signed that F180….)

Thanks Doug,
Fred H.
sevry
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DougReese wrote:
sevry wrote:
DougReese wrote:

Here you go again.

Furious? Me, furious? You really haven't read any of my past posts

I think that's pretty much my line to you - isn't it?

Quote:

doing it for any reason even remotely related to anything you've said/implied

It's not an 'implication'. It's a question. And you've been ducking it like Kerry when asked about his plan to end terrorism or 'fully-fund' Social Security, etc.

And it read:

Quote:

Which is all the more surprizing. I mean, Afganistan 'out - sourcing'? C'mon Doug. Kerry was awarded a Silver Star and Bronze Star on missions involving, well . . . . you guys. In fact - you. Did you believe you were involved in 'out - sourcing', Doug?

Is that how you saw it at the time? Yet given all that, somehow, you . . are "pro-Kerry'.

Maybe Macbeth DID have it right?

This was the natural thing to ask after you had confessed to supporting Kerry.

You might remember the follow-up questions, as well:

Have you had a chance to look up that quote from Macbeth? Have you had a chance to look up the word - outsourcing?

Quote:

I'm not all the big on denigrating people

You have said things about John O'Neill. And I kept asking - why, particularly since you don't really disagree with him about the events of 28 FEB 1969. Surely you also agree with him when it comes to Kerry's Fulbright Committee testimony, his fake 'metal' toss, his meeting with the Commies, and much else.

Quote:

I may have seen the entry/exit wound. I don't know -- I just don't remember.

It's okay to change your story, like that. I personally have NO problem with that. People make mistakes. This is about getting to the truth. There's no fouls involved. It's somewhat akin to Corsi and that mention of the 'KJW' line in the report? It was a mistake, which was corrected in these very threads on this very site, and which also led to what O'Neill was going to introduce, first noted by 'NavyChief' and picked up by Lipscomb, concerning the time of transmission. So mistake. Mistake corrected. I'm glad you're not Larry O'Donnell. Because there ARE some things I would say to him. And he would remember it.
sevry
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DougReese wrote:
USAF66-70 wrote:

Doug

Maybe they'll invite you to their next meeting and y'all can politely discuss the matter, and give you a chance to qualitatively guage how large a number 356 truly is.

I mean, 356 does sound like a lot of veterans to me, Doug. I won't argue that the majority is always right. Whether they are right is another matter. But you aren't saying they are wrong, just that they aren't enough. Thus, the 'invite'. I think you're wrong.
hmminCanada
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:25 pm    Post subject: John O'Niell Nightline Comments Reply with quote

Doug'

You said you "feel" Kerry is the better man for the job. That doesn't answer the question. How can a man that has consistently throughout his life and career used self-aggrandizement, exaggeration and outright lies on everything from getting a Purple Heart for an insignificant self-afflicted wound to meeting with the ENTIRE Security Council in order to make himself look like he has such a mastery of foreign diplomacy possibly be the "better" man to be Commander-in -Chief of American Armed Forces? Having a "feeling" that he would be the better man is like saying "I'm supporting Kerry because he has a PLAN". I think we want specifics.
Thanks, Carolyn
Mona
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DougReese wrote:
DougReese wrote:
Mona wrote:
I've read this thread w/ a good deal of fascination and I, also, would like to know Mr. Reese: Why do you feel John Kerry should be President of the United States?

Anyone else Smile

Doug

Doug

And now I am supposed to ask, "Why?" and you will give a vapid, non-responsive answer, as you do here. (pfffft) Obviously, you know that I and others were looking for reasons for your "feeling," but you lack the courage to give them.

I no longer respect you or your views, given your unwillingness to substantively defend your choice for POTUS. Good and decent people do not hide their motives.

I am going to link people to your posts here, to show them how Swiftee Kerry supporters "defend" their candidate. I gave you every chance, as did others.
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

50 or so Iraqi army recruits got shot in the back of the head yesterday probably due to an infiltrator.

Now Doug has a lot of posts to his credit, and I have not read them all so maybe I'm mistaken...but I'm wondering outloud, how did he last this long harboring pro kerry sentiments in this forum. Infiltrators are not a good thing.
sevry
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4moreyears wrote:
50 or so Iraqi army recruits got shot in the back of the head yesterday probably due to an infiltrator.

Now Doug has a lot of posts to his credit, and I have not read them all so maybe I'm mistaken...but I'm wondering outloud, how did he last this long harboring pro kerry sentiments in this forum. Infiltrators are not a good thing.

I personally am not bothered simply by the fact that he supports Kerry. What bothers me, about him and all Kerry supporters, is that they cannot honestly say why they support Kerry - just that they do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 32 of 33

Jump to: