SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

John O'Neill - Nightline - Post Comments HERE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DougReese
Former Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mona wrote:
DougReese wrote:
DougReese wrote:
Mona wrote:
I've read this thread w/ a good deal of fascination and I, also, would like to know Mr. Reese: Why do you feel John Kerry should be President of the United States?

Anyone else Smile

Doug

And for all of you who have asked this question, my answer remains the same as what I said here, back around June.

I feel he's the better man for the job.

Doug

And now I am supposed to ask, "Why?" and you will give a vapid, non-responsive answer, as you do here. (pfffft) Obviously, you know that I and others were looking for reasons for your "feeling," but you lack the courage to give them.

I lack the "courage"? You have some sort of God-given right to ask for answers from me, and then throw a fit when I don't answer to your liking?

Mona wrote:

I no longer respect you or your views, given your unwillingness to substantively defend your choice for POTUS.

I could care less.

I have respect from people I know and care about. You aren't one of them. I don't know you, nor you I.

Mona wrote:

Good and decent people do not hide their motives.

Yeah, sure they don't.

Mona wrote:

I am going to link people to your posts here, to show them how Swiftee Kerry supporters "defend" their candidate. I gave you every chance, as did others.

Link away.

Doug
DougReese
Former Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4moreyears wrote:
50 or so Iraqi army recruits got shot in the back of the head yesterday probably due to an infiltrator.

Now Doug has a lot of posts to his credit, and I have not read them all so maybe I'm mistaken...but I'm wondering outloud, how did he last this long harboring pro kerry sentiments in this forum. Infiltrators are not a good thing.

That's cute -- an infiltrator might be responsible for the deaths of 50 Iraqis, I'm an infiltrator here, therefore . . . ?

I follow the rules. I am a vet. I spent time on Swift Boats in Vietnam. I'm all for the truth.

Look at my posts, while I certainly am "pro-Kerry" (since you brought it up), I don't think you'll see much in the way of pro-Kerry sentiments in them, as they tend to be more about "what happened".

Doug
sevry
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DougReese wrote:
I'm all for the truth.

The truth. Remember the questions I asked? You're still ducking them. At least Hamlet is easy to look up - it's online.

You know, Brokaw interviewed Kerry (for seemingly about 2 minutes is all) the other day. He suggested that Bush - the 'dunce' - actually has a higher IQ than Kerry. Kerry couldn't handle that. BUSH - SMARTER? I mean, this was Kerry's stunt in the last week or two, his 'smarter' war. He was the 'smarter' guy, you see. So what did he say to Brokaw? He said all his records had NOT been released. People think he slipped up. BUSH - SMARTER?

So what do you think he's holding back? If you just don't know, it's okay to say that, too.

I see your preferred candidate also just appointed his first cabinet member, the infamous 1988 (?) plagiarizer, when the candidate is dropping in the polls, and does this almost a week before election day. That's not how you get respect. And people must still wonder why you support such a loser. I noticed, too, that you insisted you did not respect someone posting, here, on this thread. In this one case, it wasn't me. But you can certainly understand that it cuts both ways. Respect is earned. What one did defending this great nation is one thing. Same for Max Cleland. I don't know about Jesse Ventura, Bob Kerrey, or the rest. But on this board, you're judged by what you say, now. If you don't respect those posting, here, based on what they say now, then you can't be shocked that reasonable people might look at you, and what you say now, in much the same way.
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doug can remove his halloween mask in a couple of days. Dissent within the ranks harms morale. Personally if I want to read pro kerry rehtoric I would visit their websites. I don't.

So trick or treat to you Doug.
sevry
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DougReese wrote:
about "what happened".

Yes - about what happened. Again, if you wish to change your story, please do. These aren't depositions. Change it to get it right, though, not to 'spin' it and get it wrong. But change it at will, keeping that in mind.

You've claimed that you came upon the incident after it was over. You stood over the corpse, observed a single wound to the leg, possibly from the M60 (but you don't know), and saw no wound elsewhere, fatal or otherwise, and so were unable to say where it existed the body. Some might have found that a convenient recollection. I just took you at your word, as it were. You did recently recall that the corpse was dressed in a 'loincloth'. And the bulk of your story was your report of Kerry's story, as he stood there, right next to you, and spun his yarn.

And you said, that's what you know, as you know it. People can believe you, or not. People can take it as they will. But is that the truth, Doug? You seem upset that people might not find you credible. I thought you were okay with that; that people could take it or leave it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33
Page 33 of 33

Jump to: