SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TANG Memo on Bush
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sonar5
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rathergate......2004 edition....

I've got a copuple others I'm putting together as well.

Enjoy,
Joe

My Home at AboutPolitics.net:
http://www.aboutpolitics.net/phpBB2/index.php

gulf1609
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if anyone has www.Rathergate as a web page yet. Would be a great place to list CBS advertisers.

Looks like it is not currently being used. Hmm

Last edited by gulf1609 on Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
W.P. Wily
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's still in the denial stage:

http://www.drudgereport.com/cbsd2.htm

Quote:

XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX FRI SEPT 10, 2004 12:01:25 ET XXXXX

RATHER DIGS IN: THE DOCUMENTS ARE AUTHENTIC

CBSNEWS anchor and 60 MINUTES correspondent Dan Rather publicly defended his reporting Friday morning after questions were raised about the authenticity of newly unearthed memos aired on CBS which asserted that George W. Bush ignored a direct order from a superior officer in the Texas Air National Guard.

CNN TRANSCRIPT:

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

DAN RATHER, CBS NEWS ANCHOR: I know that this story is true. I believe that the witnesses and the documents are authentic. We wouldn't have gone to air if they would not have been. There isn't going to be -- there's no -- what you're saying apology?

QUESTION: Apology or any kind of retraction or...

RATHER: Not even discussed, nor should it be. I want to make clear to you, I want to make clear to you if I have not made clear to you, that this story is true, and that more important questions than how we got the story, which is where those who don't like the story like to put the emphasis, the more important question is what are the answers to the questions raised in the story, which I just gave you earlier.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

CBS NEWS executives on Thursday launched an internal investigation into whether its premiere news program 60 MINUTES aired fabricated documents relating to Bush's National Guard service, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned. "The reputation and integrity of the entire news division is at stake, if we are in error, it will be corrected," a top CBS source explained late Thursday.

Developing...

-----------------------------------------------------------
Filed By Matt Drudge
Reports are moved when circumstances warrant
http://www.drudgereport.com for updates
(c)DRUDGE REPORT 2004
Not for reproduction without permission of the author
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CNN.com finally running this (posted 11:38am EST)

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/09/10/bush.guard.ap/index.html
noc
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather is in some serious denial.

He thinks that those who don't like the story are putting their emphasis on the fraudulent documents. Rolling Eyes
dcornutt
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but in the May 04 doc..the redaction, it's easy to bring out what's behind it in Photoshop by inverting the document ie..the black and white..and then using levels to pop it up.

It says 5000 Longmont #8.

tip: the "#" sign and it's kerning position relative to the 8 may give further clues here as to whether this was typed, typeset or done on a computer.

It's very hard to tell on this bad scan. But, it might come in handy if they every produce the original.
Sonar5
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:56 pm    Post subject: More Fun Reply with quote

More Fun.....

/Begin Parody Interview:

Clinton: "Hi John, thanks for taking my call"

Kerry: "hi Bill, hope your surgery turns out ok, what's up?"

Clinton: "Did you turn those documents over to Barnes that I gave to McCauliffe?"

Kerry: "Yes, but are you sure they're real?"

Clinton: "Of Course, I swear they're as real as my wife not running for President in 2008."

Kerry: "She isn't running, she keeps saying that, are you sure this isn't a plant?"

Clinton: "Would I do that, John, trust me, I want hillar...err....You to win."

Kerry: "Ok, I also got a call from Dan Rather and he swears they're authentic, and will do a story on them."

Clinton: "Ummm... err... Yeah, that's the ticket, I also think you should bring out some washed...errr... prominent senator to back this, you know someone like Harkin..."

Kerry: "I think I'll question Bush's service too, did you know I earned 3 purple gearts in Vietnam...."

Clinton: "Yes, John, the whole wolrd knows....." (heard in background.."Hillery this guy's a moron....") I gotta go John, Moinca is here to wish me wll..."

Kerry: "Ok, Bill, good luck in the surgery, and I undertsand you won't be well enough to campaign for me anymore, thank you though for your support.."

Clinton: "ok, seeya John.... Sucker...Hillery, shut the he..." click..(End of Conversation)

/END parody Interview

My Home at AboutPolitics.net:
http://www.aboutpolitics.net/phpBB2/index.php

Last edited by Sonar5 on Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
gulf1609
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

go vote in this poll. CNN trying to make people believe these documents are authentic.

http://www.cnn.com/

Do you think the recently released memos on President Bush's National Guard service are authentic?

Yes
No
VIEW RESULTS
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:04 pm    Post subject: Forged Documents could Cost Kerry the Election Reply with quote

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/9/10/130050.shtml

According to Newsmax.com, Democratic strategist Pat Caddell believes that if the memos alleged to be written by Lt Col Jerry Killian are proved to be forgeries, "It would be the end of the race," Caddell told Fox News Live.

After Watergate comes Rathergate!

I hope Caddell is right, but SBVT need to run some more ads, just to make sure!

Here's the entire article from Newsmax.com

Longtime Democratic strategist Pat Caddell said Friday that if documents aired by CBS newsman Dan Rather Wednesday night turn out to be forged as alleged by experts, the presidential race "is over."

"It would be the end of the race," Caddell told Fox News Live. "It would be the end of the race," he repeated.

"[Democratic officials are] so involved in this," the former Carter pollster worried. "They have gotten themselves so involved in this issue, [in] the last 24 hours, that somebody's going to, if they're not authentic, they're going to be blamed for it. It's incredible to me that they've gotten in this."
Caddell said he wasn't trying be sensationalize the issue, explaining that instead, "I'm trying to save my party, you know, by telling the truth."

He said that forfeiting the presidential race would be the least of his party's problems if Democrats are tied to any forgery scandal.

"The race is over - and we've got bigger problems than that," he warned.
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 4 stages of the grieving process, according to Elizabeth Kubler Ross -

Denial

Anger

Bargaining

Acceptance

I think Dan is currently moving between the first and second....

MJB
USAF '85-'92
June
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

transferred to appropriate thread

Last edited by June on Sun Sep 12, 2004 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hammer2
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have only one hope now - a united, universal Clintonian stonewall.

Yeah, That's it! That's the ticket!

Oops, I forgot, Bill isn't President anymore and Janet Reno isn't the Attorney General.....sigh....I guess we're screwed!
Nathanyl
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"[Democratic officials are] so involved in this," the former Carter pollster worried. "They have gotten themselves so involved in this issue, [in] the last 24 hours, that somebody's going to, if they're not authentic, they're going to be blamed for it. It's incredible to me that they've gotten in this."
Caddell said he wasn't trying be sensationalize the issue, explaining that instead, "I'm trying to save my party, you know, by telling the truth."

I saw the end of the interview and the guy was genuinly upset and even angry about what his party is doing.
dcornutt
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I getting this right?

D Rather is basically saying, it doesn't matter if the documents are forged or not, the story is true because more than one person backs up that the story is true??

hahahaha
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather will be outed for what he is--a biased, leftist yellow journalist that loves himself above all else.

It is entirely natural and to be expected that he would be unable to admit these documents are forgeries, and he told us all exactly where he stands when he made the comment to the effect that, "...those who don't like what they say can not question where they came from..."

WHAT?? The credibility, or lack thereof, of sources is NOT a factor? Does CBS stand behind that statement? Because if so, CBS could give Pravda a lesson in biased journalism. Maybe it is time for a new slogan in MediaGate (why let Rather take all the heat? There is plenty enough fire to go around)

It's the LIES, stupid

Or maybe that would work for Kerry? Oh well, no matter. They are virtually one and the same.

Oh, and it is natural that Rather would go in to denial on this, because denial is a person's defense posture. Dratherblather's psyche must throw up a vehement defensive posture because he is so heavily invested in protecting his image-- which is all cross threaded with Kerry and his shameful testimony about "atrocities."

Now that Kerry has been shown for what he is (by this *great* group) Drather is being visited by the same Macbeth ghosts of Vietnam (not) past.

And you know, wrt the attacks on Bush, nothing says great defense like a good offense--especially if you are quilty. Thus Drather's foolish embrace of un-vetted docs.

Lost even a shallow appearance of objectivity on this one, Rather did.

Makes me happy. Like to see the guy go down in the flames of his own treachery, and sooner RATHER than later.

Sorry. Couldn't resist.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 65, 66, 67  Next
Page 39 of 67

Jump to: