SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IT'S A small WORLD...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NavyChief
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My understanding at the time, was the list was conveniently destroyed after the news that Poland was a part of NATO. Like I said, we called them and they wouldn't take the heat. The list is/was extremely damning evidence against Russia. Ambassador Toon and Senator Smith were livid and they raced to Poland to try and salvage things but at the time it just didn't work. And of course, Clinton wouldn't lift a finger to try and correct his mistake.

You wouldn't believe the cat and mouse game we've played with Russia over these men we know were taken to the Soviet Union. Many of the Russians involved in these secret operations are still alive and the KGB (now FSB) did a lot of cover up work to keep us from finding someone. In fact Doctor Orlov was one of the Russians on our Commission -- he was present for Gary Powers' interrogation. A lot of old timers Cool The Russians called him "the prophet" because of his mane of white hair and saintly appearance.

Yelstin claimed that there were live MIAs in the Soviet Union before our Congress. We couldn't find them. The trail always led to a dead end and witnesses mysteriously had their houses burned down and their stories would change.

We had one in particular that was going to cooperate with us and he died in a car accident before he could give us files. Then his mother was scared to death to give them to us. Soon after, her house was broken into and guess what was missing?

This effort still goes on today. You are all encouraged to go to www.dtic.mil/dpmo

This is my old office's website.

- Chief
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chief, I hate to say it, but you may be our last, best hope.

We can't just "let it slide"... Somewhere, there are files and records. You can't compile the names of 12,000+ people with details and not have SOME sort of paper trail.

And to think the guy who sold them out is running for CinC is appauling.
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NavyChief wrote:
...Yelstin claimed that there were live MIAs in the Soviet Union before our Congress....

Is there a chance that any of these guys are still alive. If so, what's your best guess about where they are? In a gulag? Maybe Putin would entertain a deal for money. I can think of nothing more terrible and any amount of effort, money, whatever, would be worth it at this late stage. Your thoughts?
SBD
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is much bigger than what any of us can possibly imagine. The lengths that have been taken to stop any credible investigation has been very intense and calculated.

There is someone we are should not forget on this issue. The so called Republican POW from Arizona needs to go the way of Kerry. He is not a Republican and frankly I find it very interesting that he has been able to make this claim for this long. I think that after this election is over and Kerry is tossed to the side, John McCain should be next. I am curious to find out what this guy is hiding or more to the point, what he was doing while he was a POW since he uses this just as much as his Kerry uses his Medals.

Here's another example of the "POW" Senator from Arizona.

From Congress--The Missing Service Personnel Act of 1995.

Not everyone on the Senate Armed Services Committee agreed. Senator John McCain, a former prisoner of war in Vietnam, opposed even the amended Senate language. Senator McCain did not share the committee's editorial characterization of the current accounting system as "insensitive and unresponsive." While admitting that this may have been true many years ago, Senator McCain believed that the Department of Defense and the Military Services had since taken extensive measures to make the system "sensitive, responsive, and most important, workable."

Undeterred, the conference committee agreed to the House version of The Missing Service Personnel Act of 1995. Disappointed in the conferees' action, Senator McCain again urged his fellow Senators not adopt the House version (now the conference version), calling it "the most egregious . . . unworkable, unnecessary, and counter productive provisions related to missing service personnel."

Senator McCain believed the current Department of Defense Prisoner of War and Missing in Action Office resources and procedures were "fully adequate to accomplish the objective of determining the fate of all of our missing people." Additionally, Senator McCain emphasized that the Department of Defense, the regional commanders--in--chief, and the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff strongly opposed the conference version. By letter to Senator McCain, the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff added his "strong support to the Senate--passed version of the legislation" as it would "go a long way toward addressing the concerns of the Congress, the American People, and our military without unintended impacts we believe would be detrimental to our warfighting capability."

Despite these concerns, both the House and Senate passed the conference version as part of the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 1996. Although the President originally vetoed the Authorization Act because of budget objections on 28 December 1995, Congress revised the budget provisions of the Authorization Act and President Clinton signed it on 10 February 1996, thus enacting The Missing Service Personnel Act of 1995. After years of trying, Congress finally had succeeded in passing legislation to reform the manner in which the Department of Defense accounts for its missing personnel.

SBD
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gulf1609 wrote:
Browse through this site. It is a story of a service man who was documented to still be in Vietnam when Kerry and his committee declared there were none. Read the history of this and be sure and pull up the satellite drawing of his serex code. I don't know why this is not on every tv channel I have a feeling that if the internet had been as prevalent in 1992 this is a story that would have grown legs. You may have to turn the music down because it gets a little tiring.

http://www.geocities.com/pentagon/2527/

Thanks gulf, this site has an enormous amount of information.

Definitely recommended for someone who would like to know the specifics and details of certain cases.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: