SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Russia tied to Iraq´s missing arms; Pentagon: Weaponry reloc
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jim_nyc wrote:
chemical_boy wrote:
jim_nyc, the ABC article states that the HMX explosives were still at Al Qa Qaa...197 tons not 3 tons

The tonnage is still dropping though Smile

True that ...my bad....but talk about incompetent.....the IAEA #1 allowed Sadamm to have this explosives when they should not have....and then #2 simply put little medallions on bunkers full of deadly explosives.. that had easily accessible vents that made even those rediculous little medallions even more useless than they are. Exposing Kerry for the fool that he is to trust the UN paper pushers over the millitary might of the United States.

The ABC story is so easy for the average Joe (me)...to grasp in the time normally allowed for a TV broadcast.

They did say '3' on the evening news tonight...
joeshero
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote this yesterday having learned about the missing WMDs

[qoute]The logic for the "missing" WMD is simple. It's in the great interest of the French, Russia, Germany, the Left and Saddam for the Coalition not to find the WMD. The new Iraq report says, which also reported by David Kay few months ago, that Saddam had the capacity to produce WMD. So? if the had that, did he just produce nothing given his nature? It's very unlikely. There's got to be something, somewhere. That says it all.[/quote]
tiptie
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The final paragraphs also bring up the fact that these famous UN seals were not worth crap!

There were ventilation slats that could easily be removed, the munitions removed and the inspectors would still see the seals unbroken.

Hah!
jim_nyc
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man if the Times cared one whit about their credibility the headline tomorrow would be ...

SANCTIONS WERE NOT WORKING
producehawk
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry is a traitor. CBC and the NY times need to be punished. Rather needs to go to jail. I hope Kerry picks up his soap in the big house. I hope the MSM can't cover this one up. MSNBC and CNN and Fox are still running reruns of old news here on the west coast. They really look stupid.
GeorgiaBoy
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya'll think Tereeeeza is still handing out Beers tonight?
tiptie
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the way the inspectors "did their job"

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,136745,00.html

Quote:
The inspectors visited Al-Qaqaa for the last time on March 15, 2003, and reported that the seals were not broken; therefore, the weapons were still there at the time. The team then pulled out of the country in advance of the invasion.

The seals were not broken therefore the weapons were still there? What a stupid reliance on a "seal". It must have been hot and these inspectors stayed in their air-conditioned SUV's and simply looked at the "seals".

Any teenager with a swiss army knife could have breached these stupid "seals" by going in through the ventilation slats.........

UN = imbeciles
Digger
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:38 am    Post subject: Boom Boom goes da bomb Reply with quote

Salute to Georgia Boy:
You've hit the nail on the head dead center. That's just exactly what a lot of folks have been trying to tell the blokes at the CIA for the past two years. But do they listen??? NNNOOOO!!! After all, we're just a bunch of unoficial meddlers who want to muck up the works and start trouble. It's that Washinbgton "We know better than you attitude" all over again. Any one who isn't part of their in crowd is a kook. That's why we lost in Korea and Viet Nam. The Washington boys can't use the intelligence available to them because they continually try to discredit the sources. The folks who were witness to the event are not considered to be reliable witnesses unless they've got the stamp of officialdom which they rarely have. Mad

Note: the Spanish word for Caa Caa is mierde. In German it's sheiss as in "sheisskopf" (shite head) sKerrys middle name. In Hebrew it's charra Twisted Evil

Sgt. Maj. Seamus D.D. MacNemi R.M.C. Ret.
next generation
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think now is the time to start pointing out LOUDLY the fact that Kerry talked about explosives being looted from a munitions depot under American control. Of course, you say. The important detail: he said this in the SECOND DEBATE, on OCTOBER 8!!

This detail has been pointed out by Rush Limbaugh and mentioned in another thread here, but I haven't seen it at Powerline, LGF, NewsMax, FOX, anywhere else.

Kerry specifically mentioned in the debate looted munitions which were now being used against our troops in Iraq. As there were NO major news stories on this topic at the time, I remember thinking, "Where did that come from?". It was out of left field, AT THE TIME. Now, it makes a whole heck of a lot of sense.

Hannity or someone needs to be playing the relevant footage from that debate, and asking, "What and when did John Kerry know about this?". The collusion with the NYT and CBS is just absolutely blatant.

One other thing: why would any politician in his right mind base an "October Surprise" on something that is pronounced "ca ca"? I mean, come on, the late night talk show jokes are just writing themselves, and as my husband will attest to, I'm always the last one to get a joke! Let's see, there's "Kerry's in deep doo-doo over Al Qa Qaa", the "Al Qa Qaa has hit the fan for the Kerry campaign"... it's just too easy!

Never mind Karl Rove conspiracy theories. Does anyone else have the vision that I do: Hillary sitting back in a comfy leather chair, Havana stogie in one hand, dry martini in the other, and a very self-satisfied smile on her face?
joeshero
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

producehawk wrote:
Kerry is a traitor. CBC and the NY times need to be punished. Rather needs to go to jail. I hope Kerry picks up his soap in the big house. I hope the MSM can't cover this one up. MSNBC and CNN and Fox are still running reruns of old news here on the west coast. They really look stupid.

Dan Rather is a megalomania sicko. Give him a political power, he would be worse than Saddam.
tiptie
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hannity or someone needs to be playing the relevant footage from that debate, and asking, "What and when did John Kerry know about this?". The collusion with the NYT and CBS is just absolutely blatant.

How about adding the UN to this growing list. Kerry is such buddies with them.
truthserum
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Kerry specifically mentioned in the debate looted munitions which were now being used against our troops in Iraq. As there were NO major news stories

I remember Kerry saying that during the debate.
I recall this specifically because I wondered at the time, just where the heck was he getting this? It seemed out of context, you know the way he throws things around all the time, jumping here, jumping there with whatever he can grab onto for his evil purposes. Then, it just dropped, and Bush did not react to it, which I thought he would.
So, in my opinion there was much collaboration between the MSM and Kerry. Do we even need to wonder about it. The MSM has outwardly declared war on Bush. They are not even trying to hide their intentions any more. They will do anything to get Kerry elected.
Well, let's just hope that this all backfires in his face and he explodes if this Russian weapons story ever makes it to the MSM. I don't see how they can ignore it, but they have managed to hide everything about his anti war activities and ignore any story that comes out on it. The MSM is the evil enemy within. A win for Kerry is a win for the MSM.
Rep King on Hannity called Kerry, the UN, and the MSM the evil axis tonight.

PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!
Digger
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:04 am    Post subject: The shite's really hitting the fan now Reply with quote

I told you the intel boys in Washington don't listen. I knew about the movement of the explosives two days after the event and I knew that they had been transported to the Bekkaa Valey in lebanon. Whether or not they are still there, I don't know. I think it possible that Assad has already gotten the word and has moved them to some other location. But that they were in the Bekkaa Valley I do know. I could probably show you the most likely place to look.
It's no mystery that the Palestinian terrorists are getting their supplies and weaponry from the Syrians. Where does anyone think they got the material for their Quassam missles? It's as I said in a previous post, Syria is a lynch pin in the terrorist network. If you pull that pin, the whole thing will fall apart. Mad

Sgt. Maj. Seamus D.D. MacNemi R.M.C. Ret.
chemical_boy
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it looks like Kerry just made a general remark about ammo dumps in Iraq Confused

http://www.debates.org/pages/trans2004c.html

Quote:
GIBSON: Senator?

KERRY: You rely on good military people to execute the military component of the strategy, but winning the peace is larger than just the military component.

General Shinseki had the wisdom to say, "You're going to need several hundred thousand troops to win the peace." The military's job is to win the war.

A president's job is to win the peace.

The president did not do what was necessary. Didn't bring in enough nation. Didn't deliver the help. Didn't close off the borders. Didn't even guard the ammo dumps. And now our kids are being killed with ammos right out of that dump.

GIBSON: The next question is for Senator Kerry, and it comes from over here, from Randee Jacobs.

You'll need a microphone.

KERRY: Is it Randee?

JACOBS: Yes, Randee.

Watching Michael Moores every Move
grumpyBB
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Discrepancy Found in Explosives Amounts
Documents Show Iraqis May Be Overstating Amount of Missing Material

http://www.abcnews.go.com/WNT/story?id=204304&page=1
Quote:
Oct. 27, 2004 — Iraqi officials may be overstating the amount of explosives reported to have disappeared from a weapons depot, documents obtained by ABC News show.

The Iraqi interim government has told the United States and international weapons inspectors that 377 tons of conventional explosives are missing from the Al-Qaqaa installation, which was supposed to be under U.S. military control.

But International Atomic Energy Agency documents obtained by ABC News and first reported on "World News Tonight with Peter Jennings" indicate the amount of missing explosives may be substantially less than the Iraqis reported.

The information on which the Iraqi Science Ministry based an Oct. 10 memo in which it reported that 377 tons of RDX explosives were missing — presumably stolen due to a lack of security — was based on "declaration" from July 15, 2002. At that time, the Iraqis said there were 141 tons of RDX explosives at the facility.

But the confidential IAEA documents obtained by ABC News show that on Jan. 14, 2003, the agency's inspectors recorded that just over 3 tons of RDX was stored at the facility — a considerable discrepancy from what the Iraqis reported.

The IAEA documents could mean that 138 tons of explosives were removed from the facility long before the start of the United States launched "Operation Iraqi Freedom" in March 2003.

The missing explosives have become an issue in the presidential campaign. Sen. John Kerry has pointed to the disappearance as evidence of the Bush administration's poor handling of the war. The Bush camp has responded that more than a thousand times that amount of explosives or munitions have been recovered or destroyed in Iraq.

Another Concern

The IAEA documents from January 2003 found no discrepancy in the amount of the more dangerous HMX explosives thought to be stored at Al-Qaqaa, but they do raise another disturbing possibility.

The documents show IAEA inspectors looked at nine bunkers containing more than 194 tons of HMX at the facility. Although these bunkers were still under IAEA seal, the inspectors said the seals may be potentially ineffective because they had ventilation slats on the sides. These slats could be easily removed to remove the materials inside the bunkers without breaking the seals, the inspectors noted.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: