SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bill Middendorf comments on Kerry Discharge
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
1AD
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ret. SMCS said:

"Sorry for being pessimistic, but the article doesn't really say much. Furthermore, at this point, I will believe what Bill Middendorf allegedly said when I see it."

As Navy Chief stated read between the lines!!! SECNAV's statement vouches for the character of Sullivan (finest Navy officers we had) and tells Kerry to open up his files. So who are you going to believe now, Kerry or Sullivan. Also a little bit of law. There is a doctrine called the adverse inference rule that states, in laymen's terms, that if you conceal records that one would normally expect to be beneficial to the party that is concealing them, the jury can infer that they would in fact, not be beneficial to the party that is concealing them.

So any neutral attorney who knew about the non-signing of the Form 180 immediately recognized that Kerry was not revealing the records and could infer that the information contained therein would be adverse to him. End of legal lesson.

Last edited by 1AD on Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:33 am; edited 1 time in total
2slick
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
2slick,

Did you have any problem over in Kuwait voting? The guys over there getting their absentee ballots in time and all?!

Actually no problem at all. Most people got their absentee ballots well before the deadline. Except me of course- I got mine yesterday!

They told us the deadline was something like 3 weeks ago, but I heard it was extended. But when the original deadline loomed, they set up an "easy vote" table in the D-Fac (mess hall). I knew my absentee ballot would be late, so I went ahead and did up a write-in for W (Florida, baby!). Lots of troops did the same thing.

Troops would have had to be hiding under their bunks to keep from voting over here.

Hannity just announced that Al Jazeera's playing a new Osama tape right now...
1AD
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jstoc said:

Quote:
Sorry, and I mean very, very sorry; but the actual article simply fails to say it. Without saying the truth plainly, there's just no meat to it. When I originally read the post that the former SecNav was going to say definitively that Kerry had been dishonorably discharged, I was celebrating. But the article itself has the SecNav very definitely NOT commenting on Kerry. And that's because of regs that prohibit him from doing so. The point is, he doesn't actually comment on Kerry at all. He comments on Sullivan, and while that's great, it's not enough; not near enough. So, at this late hour, I'm sad to conclude, this story is going nowhere. The only story that will really fly will be the one that has someone saying: "I know for a fact that Kerry received a less than honoroable discharge, because I was there..." Until this happens, if ever, Kerry has eluded the light of truth. Aaarrgh!

They are not regs that forbid him. They are Federal criminal statutes. Although I do not believe anyone has ben prosecuted (needs research to verify) there is still a possibility. Also a civil fine can be incurred which has happened. He does comment on Kerry. Release your files Kery. See adverse inference lesson in my previous post.
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, put the burden of proof on him!
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2slick wrote:
Quote:
2slick,

Did you have any problem over in Kuwait voting? The guys over there getting their absentee ballots in time and all?!

Actually no problem at all. Most people got their absentee ballots well before the deadline. Except me of course- I got mine yesterday!

They told us the deadline was something like 3 weeks ago, but I heard it was extended. But when the original deadline loomed, they set up an "easy vote" table in the D-Fac (mess hall). I knew my absentee ballot would be late, so I went ahead and did up a write-in for W (Florida, baby!). Lots of troops did the same thing.

Troops would have had to be hiding under their bunks to keep from voting over here.

Hannity just announced that Al Jazeera's playing a new Osama tape right now...

That's great to hear, thanks so much for everything you guys are doing over there!
JROTC
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. 1AD - Thank you for the legal lesson!

Ms. Navy - As always, I appreciate your wisdom. This should be a "Reagan" landslide - "If it's not close, they can't cheat".

Everyone, please stay optimistic, but keep working - talking, writing, do whatever you can do, but do it!

God Bless You All and this great Country!!!
2slick
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DISREGARD that Osama tape comment!! I just realized I'm listening to a rerun...It's 3:19 a.m. over here, and I'm tired as hell. Last minute push, you know?

Sorry 'bout that...
1AD
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cbeseda . No Whistleblower laws will not protect SECNAV Middendorf. The Federal Privacy Act protects Kerry.
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1AD wrote:
cbeseda . No Whistleblower laws will not protect SECNAV Middendorf. The Federal Privacy Act protects Kerry.

Wich explains why he has not released all his records.
The Privacy Act Protects all of us, Kerry is hiding behind it and a whole lot of lies and willing conspirators to decieve the American People.
Hammer2
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I predict that after Bush wins tomorrow we will see a media feeding frenzy as the dominant media culture suddenly discovers the "inconsistancies" in Kerry's record and launches a full investigation of their loser. This will of course be to destroy the Kennedy/Kerry wing of the party and clear the way for the Hilldabeast in 2008.
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hammer2 wrote:
I predict that after Bush wins tomorrow we will see a media feeding frenzy as the dominant media culture suddenly discovers the "inconsistancies" in Kerry's record and launches a full investigation of their loser. This will of course be to destroy the Kennedy/Kerry wing of the party and clear the way for the Hilldabeast in 2008.

makes way too much sense to me. Shocked Exclamation Idea
securitymom
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay. I am just very angry. I cannot believe there isn't ONE media outlet that will run with this. This is considered hard news...I mean, even a side note...but NOTHING. I have never been so disappointed....I figured at least the talk radio or FOX would cover this....
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2slick wrote:
I agree. Hannity just announced a new Fox poll has Bush by 5. For the love of all that is good and holy, people- just get out there and vote. And bring every good red-blooded American you know (even the jerk who used to pick on you in pre-school), and vote your faces off.

Our lives really do depend on it...

The mantra is VOTE! VOTE! VOTE! VOTE! VOTE! VOTE! VOTE!
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hammer2 wrote:

I hope you are right. Once Kerry gets what he deserves then I can work on Hilldabeast.
angelnoel
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have not discussed with Hubby but since I have my own bank account, here's my deal: Let us divide the fine and I'll do the after dinner drinks. Am sure you will be able to find me ... don't know if I have PM but if not am sure the Moderators of this forum can find me. HEY MODS... OK to give my e-mail when this develops.[/b]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

Jump to: