SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where are the books?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Unfit For Command"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gia_lin_fo
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Borders's in Franklin, TN, has a sign on the best seller non-fiction shelf, that says in effect, "[/u]Unfit for Command[/u], our #1 seller is in short supply, please reserve your copy at the front desk."
Chaplain Nick
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having bought my copy for $25 at the Books a million on Saturday, I found a copy at the local Walmart SuperCenter here in Fayetteville of $20. So it seems that the dam has broken, there was only copy on the shelf and while my wife shopped, continued to read where I left off last night.

Hope you others will get your copies soon, as it is a great read.
ArmyWife
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Barnes & Noble employee said today that they now have the book in their warehouses and they get a few each day. They think that at the rate they get them it will take about a week to fill the waiting list at the store in my area and then they will have books to display.
volosong
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:04 pm    Post subject: Costco in Antelope Valley has copies (as of Monday night) Reply with quote

Due to the reply by radioshack6770 at the bottom of page 5 of this thread stating that the Costco in Palm Desert has copies, I decided to check with my local Costco and Sam's Club to see if they had any. (Last week my local B&N stated that they didn't have any copies on the west coast, so I was doubtful about the club stores.)

Aside from the debate about Walmart (and associated Sam's Club) driving small businesses out, I'd rather give my business to Sam's Club than Costco because of the political/monitary support the CEO of Costco gives to Kerry.

So, I stopped at Sam's Club first after work. This particular Sam's Club is located in Palmdale, CA. They didn't have any copies at all. I next went to the local Costco in Lancaster, CA. They did have copies . . . a few. Clinton's "My Life" has a large display on the end cap along side Tommy Frank's book and the latest Ludlum spy fiction thriller.

There were about 10-15 copies of "Unfit for Command" about 5-10 feet down from the end cap almost hidden between two larger displays. I missed it the first time I walked past. In fact, I had given up finding any, thinking they would be on the end cap where all the latest releases usually are. I was only walking down the aisle to see if anything of interest had been added since the weekend when I last looked. (I wondered on the way home if Costco employees are being directed to "hide" their copies and not give them a good display.)

I proudly walked around with the book under my arm before checking out along with a copy of Frank's book. Then I left the store, again holding up the Unfit book making sure that the cover was not hidden by my arm and everybody who looked in my direction would see the book.

This looks like a first printing too. At least from the indication on the copyright page. Cost was very reasonable too. Good read so far. Well written and documented.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Unfit For Command" All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: