SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Swift Boat Veterans Refuse to Open Their Own Records.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
95 bxl
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Kerry being a self-admitted war criminal shows him for what he is... but oddly enough, you folks support him anyway.
sparky
Former Member

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But since nobody has shown any instance where Kerry called himself a 'war criminal' we're not buying it.

It just seemed too silly for me to believe...that war criminals go around calling themselves 'war criminals' and further research showed -- SURPRISE! -- that's just not what he said.

His explanation of his experiences was far more nuanced. And to be honest, I don't think any of the conservatives here think that Kerry actually was a war criminal or even committed atrocities.

Believe it or not, I think that the conservatives here just want to make Kerry look bad so he won't win the election.

IMAGINE THAT!
War Dog
Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
But since nobody has shown any instance where Kerry called himself a 'war criminal' we're not buying it.

As usual for the democratic / liberal kool-aid drinkers, we're back to trying to determine what the meaning of "is" is, that "alone" doesn't mean alone, "I did not have sex with..." yada, yada, yada.

Remember, under their rules, if the person doesn't say the exact words in the correct order or phrasing, then you can't claim they either said it or it is true about them.

It's a purely lame point of discussion that hasn't worked for quite a few years now, but these partisan, biased, hate-filled "sore losers" haven't figured it out yet, so they still believe that it works.

Tsk-tsk! How sad!

War Woof!

When cops need help, they call the K-9 unit."
Craig

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

War Dog wrote:
Quote:

As usual for the democratic / liberal kool-aid drinkers, we're back to trying to determine what the meaning of "is" is, that "alone" doesn't mean alone, "I did not have sex with..." yada, yada, yada.

Remember, under their rules, if the person doesn't say the exact words in the correct order or phrasing, then you can't claim they either said it or it is true about them.

It's a purely lame point of discussion that hasn't worked for quite a few years now, but these partisan, biased, hate-filled "sore losers" haven't figured it out yet, so they still believe that it works.

Tsk-tsk! How sad!

War Woof!

http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/
95 bxl
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed... it's a fallacy to believe Kerry isn't a war criminal.
ROTC DAD
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 1:50 pm    Post subject: War Criminal? Reply with quote

I have a question for all of you - If you consider Kerry a war criminal for something he may or may not have done 30 years ago, what do you consider the present Administration?

Rumsfeld has come out and stated that he is responsible for the actions at Abu Ghraib ( perhaps not personally, but as the one in charge of the DOD), yet it appears you can be responsible without being accountable. If he's responsible, then he's a war criminal as we know the actions taken at the prison are against the rules of the Geneva Conventions. So Rumsfeld is a war criminal as is the Administration which harbors him.

We also know that at least two high-ranking members of the Administration are traitors, having disclosed the name of an non-official cover operative of the CIA to the press for no other reason than to discredit her husband. This act was against the security interests of the US. And again, the Administration chooses to harbor these officials, making them complicit in acting against the interests of the US.

So the question is - if you believe Kerry to be unfit because of comments made some 30 years ago, how can you believe the Bush Administration is fit to run the country when they are war criminals and traitors now?
Montana
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don´t know what others have said about John Kerry.

I do know he admitted to committing atrocities in Vietnam.

Kerry is unfit for CIC for so many reasons I don´t know
where to begin. Recommend viewing the Swift press conference
to start with.

Then let´s factor in his dealings with the POW/MIA issues,
which, in my opinion, was a whitewash, with evidence
of live POW´s destroyed.

Then there´s SGT Bruce W. Staehli, USMC (I wear his bracelet)...whose name is
on the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall, along with many
Swifties. I feel Kerrry, along with his VVAW brothers and others,
extended the war. Kerry has blood on his hands.

Then there´s the VVAW group (Kerry co-founded....you´re known
for who you hang out with).... and their fliers they distributed
about deserting, fragging officers in Vietnam).

Then there´s the VVAW meeting, discussing assassination. Kerry
may or may not have been there, but he knew about it and
did not report it.

Then there´s Kerry and his previous wife visiting with representatives
of the enemy (Viet Cong) in Paris. Later agreeing with the enemy´s
peace demands over his own country´s plan. Don´t know
if he was still in the navy reserve (as a Ready Reservist), but if
he was, he violated navy regulations, regardless of his ¨hero¨ status.

Then there´s Kerry´s book, ¨The New Soldier.¨ Go look
at the cover.

This is the short list.

How much more do you need?

MONTANA
Greenhat
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eecee wrote:
Greenhat wrote:
stumpy wrote:
Quote:
It's a notation on the records from after his return from Vietnam ("continuing service at grade of Ensign").

If that is from a published document, it is appropriate to provide the link. Without it, it has the same category of evidence as "hearsay".

It's on John Kerry's site, or was.

The notation "continued on active duty as Ensign, UNR" appears on his discharge from Officer Candidate School date December 15, 1966:

http://www.johnkerry.com/about/Record_of_Discharge.pdf

He was commissioned as an Ensign.

He was promoted to Lieutenant JG 6/16/68, and to Lieutenant 1/1/70.

Sorry, but the document I was referring to was dated 1970.
ROTC DAD
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 3:49 pm    Post subject: Bush's War Crimes. Reply with quote

Hi Montana,

That doesn't answer my question. You give me reasons for why you're not voting for Kerry. That's fine - don't vote for him.

But why are you voting for Bush? If treason is a crime - and I think almost everyone on this site would say it is - then the Administration has committed a crime against the US. Therefore, if criminality of that sort is your criteria for not voting for Kerry, then it should also be the same for Bush.

Also, if torture is a crime - and again, I think most of us would agree it is -then an Administration which harbors an admitted torturer is criminal. Therefore, again, how can you condemn Kerry for statements made while not condemning the Administration for actions taken which are more criminal than any statements made?

The Bush Administration has committed treason and war crimes; how can you - or anyone for that matter - condon those actions?
Greenhat
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Bush's War Crimes. Reply with quote

ROTC DAD wrote:
Hi Montana,

That doesn't answer my question. You give me reasons for why you're not voting for Kerry. That's fine - don't vote for him.

But why are you voting for Bush? If treason is a crime - and I think almost everyone on this site would say it is - then the Administration has committed a crime against the US. Therefore, if criminality of that sort is your criteria for not voting for Kerry, then it should also be the same for Bush.

Also, if torture is a crime - and again, I think most of us would agree it is -then an Administration which harbors an admitted torturer is criminal. Therefore, again, how can you condemn Kerry for statements made while not condemning the Administration for actions taken which are more criminal than any statements made?

The Bush Administration has committed treason and war crimes; how can you - or anyone for that matter - condon those actions?

Interesting twist ROTC Dad. So, I take it you consider Abraham Lincoln a warcriminal?
sparky
Former Member

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

War Dog grumbles...
Quote:

Not really. It's more a matter of our not permitting exaggeration or hyperbole, something that gets points taken off during high school debates. For instance, saying "everyone who served with Kerry says he was a scoundrel" is going to waste our time. As Sergent Friday used to say, "Just the facts, ma'am"

Montana says:

"I do know he admitted to committing atrocities in Vietnam."

C'mon, you're being sneaky! We've gone round and round on this and concluded that the things Kerry did in Vietnam were:

o Part of government policy from the top down
o Not atrocities anyway
o Things that rightwingers defend when their heroes do them
o Things that would have led to his court martial if he hadn't done them

If you paste that quote where "Kerry admitted to committing atrocities in Vietman" you're going to have to either cut the parts that show you wrong, or show that Kerry didn't commit atrocities. Most Kerry-haters here are cutting out the parts that show them wrong, similar to the actions of Soviet commisars in the Ministry Of Truth.

What were the things you guys just can't get yourselves to print that he did?

o Shootings in free fire zones.
o Harassment and interdiction fire.
o Using 50 calibre machine guns, which we were granted and ordered to use, which were our only weapon against people.
o Search and destroy missions
o Burning of villages.

C'mon, admit it... you LIKE these things and think that more of it would have won the war there. If only we had more Lt Calley's who knew how to "get the job done" without all this liberal *****-footing!

You're just mad because Kerry questioned them at the time and protested them later!
sparky
Former Member

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greenhate writes: So, I take it you consider Abraham Lincoln a warcriminal?

You have to be a fan of Southern Partisan magazine for that. Remember, liberals LIKE Lincoln and *real* conservatives hate him. In southern Partisan, they actually celebrate Lincoln's assassination.

It's strange that so many conservative leaders support it:

John Ashcroft said
Quote:
Your magazine also helps set the record straight. You've got a heritage of doing that, of defending Southern patriots like [Robert E.] Lee, [Stonewall] Jackson and [Confederate President Jefferson] Davis. Traditionalists must do more. I've got to do more. We've all got to stand up and speak in this respect, or else we'll be taught that these people were giving their lives, subscribing their sacred fortunes and their honor to some perverted agenda."

Phil Gramm, Dick Armey, Jesse Helms, Thad Cochran were all interviewed
in the Southern Partisan. Trent Lott wrote quite a few articles for this journal:

1. 1992 Issue No. 1, page 5, Trent Lott Column.
2. 1992 Issue No. 2, page 1, Coverage of the big meeting and
quotes from Trent Lott. Page 7, Lott column.
3. 1992 Issue No. 3, page 3, photo of Kirk Fordice and Lott at
board meeting; page 9 Column.
4. 1993 No. 2 page 8 Lott column.
5. 1993 No. 3 page 8 Lott column.
6. 1994 Spring pp. 9 Lott column.
7. 1994 Summer pp. 9 Lott column.
8. 1994 Winter/Dec. pp. 3 CofCC claims they got Trent Lott his
Senate Majority Post. pp. 7 Photo of Lott at meeting.
9. 1995 Spring pp. 1 Dover with Lott., pp. 8 Trent Lott has a
column on States Rights.
10. 1995 Summer Trent Lott column.
11. 1995/1996 Winter page 8. Lott column.
12. 1996 Summer page 8. Lott column.
13. 1996 Fall. pp. 8 Lott Column.
14. 1998 3rd Quarter. pp. 11 Lott column.

Some of SP's greatest hits:

On Slavery
"Neither Jesus nor the apostles nor the early church condemned slavery, despite countless opportunities to do so, and there is no indication that slavery is contrary to Christian ethics or that any serious theologian before modern times ever thought it was."
--Samuel Francis, Southern Partisan, Third Quarter/1995

"Slave owners . . . did not have a practice of breaking up slave families. If anything, they encouraged strong slave families to further the slaves' peace and happiness."
--First Quarter/1996

On Lincoln

Abraham Lincoln is a "consummate conniver, manipulator and a liar."
--Southern Partisan cited in Legal Times, 2/26/1996

The Spring 1984 issue refers to "the sinister Emancipation Proclamation of President Lincoln--an invitation to the slaves to rise against their masters."

On John Wilkes Booth: "His behavior was not only sane, but sensible. His background, loyalties, beliefs, and experiences had led him to that end."
--Mark Brewer, Second Quarter/1990

For years Southern Partisan has celebrated the murder of Abraham Lincoln by selling T-shirts with Lincoln's image over the words "sic semper tyrannis" ("thus always to tyrants")-- John Wilkes Booth's cry just after shooting Lincoln. Timothy McVeigh was wearing this T-shirt when he was arrested for the Oklahoma City bombing. (To see a photo of the shirt, click here.)
New York Times, 6/3/1997

On the Klan

The Ku Klux Klan's first Grand Wizard, Civil War Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest, cited as evidence that "the Confederacy was full of super heroes."
--Fourth Quarter/1996

Praised former KKK Grand Wizard David Duke as "a candidate concerned about 'affirmative' discrimination, welfare profligacy, the taxation holocaust ... a Populist spokesperson for a recapturing of the American ideal."
--Fourth Quarter/1990

On Feminism

Feminism is a "revolt against god."
--First Quarter/2000

"Feminists, ethnic minorities, sodomites and other 'victims' of majority culture are demanding special recognition and privileged status."
--Second Quarter/1992
Greenhat
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparky wrote:
Greenhate writes: So, I take it you consider Abraham Lincoln a warcriminal?

You have to be a fan of Southern Partisan magazine for that. Remember, liberals LIKE Lincoln and *real* conservatives hate him. In southern Partisan, they actually celebrate Lincoln's assassination.

It's strange that so many conservative leaders support it:

Interesting way of trying to twist a statement to fit your agenda. Transparent, really.

Abraham Lincoln ignored the US Constitution and US Code in the conduct by which he waged the Civil War. Or are you unaware of that?

Abraham Lincoln was President of the United States when US Troops fired into crowds of civilians, draft protestors, in New York City. Or are you unaware of that?

Abraham Lincoln was the President of the United States when the worst atrocities recorded by American troops happened. Do a little research on prisons in the Civil War. Or are you unaware of that?

Abraham Lincoln was President of the United States when Sherman made his March to the Sea, a campaign that many would label an atrocity in itself. Or are you unaware of that?

Helps to have an idea what you are talking about before making a fool of yourself, Sparky.
95 bxl
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Bush's War Crimes. Reply with quote

ROTC DAD wrote:
Hi Montana,

First of all, you are confusing the issues. Kerry is Kerry. Kerry is a self-admitted war criminal, a fact beyond reasonable dispute.

Now then, can you show me where Bush has admitted to treason? Or to torture? Of course you can't, because first, unlike Kerry, Bush has admitted to nothing, and second, he's not guilty of the crimes you attempt to tie to Bush.

To directly answer your question, why am I voting for Bush?

I'm voting for Bush because of those people running, the terrorists and their sympathizers want Kerry. Simple, really.

There are a wide variety of reasons to condemn Kerry... but not the least of which is that he's a self-admitted war criminal... who's service in the Navy, if you're to be believed, is no more important then Bill Clinton's draft-dodging to leftist such as yourself.

The word for that?

Hypocrisy.
ROTC DAD
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 8:06 pm    Post subject: You're misinformed. Reply with quote

Rumsfeld said in front of Congress that he was responsible, yet the very same day Bush said what a great job he was doing.

If he's responsible and the Bush Administration then harbors him for his crimes, aren't they then aiding and abetting?

As for treason, two high-ranking members of the Administration gave up the name of a non-officail cover operative simply to discredit her husband, against the security interests of the US. Now, they are being protected by the Administration. Again, they are aiding and abetting.

Your statements about Kerry have nothing to do with facts; they have everything to do with his statements. The truth of the matter is, he earned his right to say whatever he wanted to about the Vietnam War. Whether what he said is something you agree or disagree with is up to you. But you can't call him a war criminal without seriously looking at what the Administration is doing today.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: