SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KERRY PHONES SWIFT BOAT FOES
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

napnip wrote:
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but Kerry can't have taped his phone conversation with Brant unless he had Brant's permission. (I'm certainly no legal expert.)

The answer seems to be "it depends." Different states have different regulations; some states allow a "participant" in a conversation to record it without the other's knowledge or consent.

It would depend on which state had jurisdiction for the taping of the call and what its laws are.
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry asking why the Swiftvets are against him shows us just how out of touch with reality he is.

Is it time to start worrying about his mental condition? Wink
napnip
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott wrote:
napnip wrote:
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but Kerry can't have taped his phone conversation with Brant unless he had Brant's permission. (I'm certainly no legal expert.)

The answer seems to be "it depends." Different states have different regulations; some states allow a "participant" in a conversation to record it without the other's knowledge or consent.

It would depend on which state had jurisdiction for the taping of the call and what its laws are.

I see.

That being the case, regardless of the legal ramifications, it certainly wouldn't look good for Kerry to use soundbites from a veteran when he didn't obtain permission. But it wouldn't surprise me if he did anyway. Kerry has already proven he has no scruples, no honor, no decency.
twinkleUSA
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carpro wrote:

Is it time to start worrying about his mental condition? Wink

Err... I think we're waaaaay beyond that stage...lol Wink
Billman
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taping only requires one party's consent. It's done everyday by attorneys I know, and is also common in the advertising sales business. Taping a conversation without *either* party's knowledge is called wiretapping and is illegal without a warrant.

Our local lefty Congressman "Baghdad Jim" McDermott just lost a federal ruling, confirming he did in fact break the law 6 years ago by giving the media a tape of a cellphone call he knew was made without the parties knowledge.
Butch
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep up the great work guys. He may crack yet. Wink
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think taping legality depends upon the state. Nonetheless, this has been up on Drudge for quite some time without it being reported by any of the other media. A leftist media spike job may be occurring.
Navymomx2
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crueladev wrote:
My first Post here....and I'm ANGRY!

Thank You all For Your Honored Service to this Nation!

I'm ANGRY because my Cousin served in Vietnam and he was not a Swifty...So I guess according to Kerry... My Cousin is a rapist, and rabid killer..

My Cousin is a war criminal who raised villages, raped women and children, cut off heads, ears, shot dogs, cats, chickens, cows...blah blah blah...

My Cousin Served with HONOR! Something KERRY would not understand!

I also understand that Kerry's Campaign now has stated that His first Purple Heart "may" have been self-inflicted...there is real honor there..you betch ya! Wink

God Speed to you all and thank you for letting me vent on this Great Site!
Keep up the Fight!

Welcome Aboard Crueladev,

I know exactly how you feel!!! I had an Uncle who was a Vietnam Vet and served on the Monitors before Kerry got there. He is a Purple Heart recipient and I have the paperwork explaining what happened for him to recieve it. I was also informed by the MRFA that the day the fight broke out it turned out to be the bloodiest day in 68.

I sure hope both these stories pan out to be true. Just wish if the 1st Purple Heart of Kerry's could be retracted that something could be done to this man over it.

No matter what happens, at least I know in my heart that my Uncle as well as many others served honorably and are the REAL HERO's, that is more than John F Kerry can HONESTLY say!!!
Otis
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:02 pm    Post subject: Sleepwalking Reply with quote

This is a small point but when I was in the Navy it was common knowledge that sleepwalking was considered to be grounds for a medical discharge. Exclamation There was a guy on a destroyer I was on, we slept in the same berthing compartment, and he was found sleepwalking. When we pulled into port he was gone and we never saw him again. Sleepwalking bad. Kerry should have been reported. Laughing
1IDVET
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Sleepwalking Reply with quote

Otis wrote:
This is a small point but when I was in the Navy it was common knowledge that sleepwalking was considered to be grounds for a medical discharge. Exclamation There was a guy on a destroyer I was on, we slept in the same berthing compartment, and he was found sleepwalking. When we pulled into port he was gone and we never saw him again. Sleepwalking bad. Kerry should have been reported. Laughing

Glad to see someone else noticed this.

This is an automatic disqualifier for any military enlistment, no waivers.
Lily
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fox news just had a story about the guy Kerry called. Kerry asked him if he knew about the SBVT and the guy answered "I are one". The conversation was as Drudge reported, looks like Drudge had another exclusive first.
Wolfgang
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:35 pm    Post subject: Careful! Reply with quote

Who knows how accurate this quote from Kerry is.

It would be foolish to bank on it without further confirmation.

This may well just be an "I think he said this, as I recall from the phone conversation" paraphrase; it could be an "I was so angry, this is what I think he said" distortion, too, for all we know.

Just be careful.

The MSM still has a lot of power, and theyt are being 95% uncharitable to the Swiftees. Every time we jump too far and get ahead of the facts, that means we're Republican tools and cynical liars; every time John Kerry misleads us, that's either not demonstrable (and so, in their minds and writing, it's demonstrable that Kerry is telling the truth), or an innocent memory lapse, or simply not very important--or some combination of all three.

The case against Kerry seems to me to have more than enough substance to now only morally but pragmatically warrant caution with respect to leaping to conclusions. Most of the time, such leap will lead us, not Kerry off a cliff. And that will be the MSM headline, as it has been every time so far, nearly.
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navymomx2 wrote:
Crueladev wrote:
My first Post here....and I'm ANGRY!

Thank You all For Your Honored Service to this Nation!

I'm ANGRY because my Cousin served in Vietnam and he was not a Swifty...So I guess according to Kerry... My Cousin is a rapist, and rabid killer..

My Cousin is a war criminal who raised villages, raped women and children, cut off heads, ears, shot dogs, cats, chickens, cows...blah blah blah...

My Cousin Served with HONOR! Something KERRY would not understand!

I also understand that Kerry's Campaign now has stated that His first Purple Heart "may" have been self-inflicted...there is real honor there..you betch ya! Wink

God Speed to you all and thank you for letting me vent on this Great Site!
Keep up the Fight!

Welcome Aboard Crueladev,

I know exactly how you feel!!! I had an Uncle who was a Vietnam Vet and served on the Monitors before Kerry got there. He is a Purple Heart recipient and I have the paperwork explaining what happened for him to recieve it. I was also informed by the MRFA that the day the fight broke out it turned out to be the bloodiest day in 68.

I sure hope both these stories pan out to be true. Just wish if the 1st Purple Heart of Kerry's could be retracted that something could be done to this man over it.

No matter what happens, at least I know in my heart that my Uncle as well as many others served honorably and are the REAL HERO's, that is more than John F Kerry can HONESTLY say!!!

If Kerry has admitted that the wound was self-inflicted due to negligence without hostile fire the award should be withdrawn. The reason being that no casualty report or after-action report was filed for the event. You have to have all 3 per naval regulations to receive the award.

No, I don't know how he back-doored it in the first place but he sure as hell did.
gilliam
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott wrote:
napnip wrote:

Please, someone tell me we are not reliving the Clinton era here! Razz
RemodelingGuy
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that CDR Brunt is a part of this site.

Did this happen or NOT?

Inquiring turkeys like myself want to know!

That comment, in and of itself is phase 3 of our campaign!

~ Digging in my pocket for more change to donate ~ Embarassed

SWVT are making leaps and bounds and scaring the crud out of the Kerry campaign. Most folks without rocks between their ears can handily see that.

WAY TO GO GUYS & GALS!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: