SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

823 Americans DEAD to date - 933 Total Coalition DEAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyleparr wrote:
Kurds Warn They May Abandon Iraqi Government - Most recent news

Going well. I will believe that it is a real government when they send us packing.

Political posturing, Kyle! You follow Kerry so you should know exactly what that is.
kyleparr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out the interim government, lead by Iyad Allawi. Uh. Democracy it is not.

A poll conducted in May by the Iraq Center for Research and Strategic Studies (ICRSS) asked Iraqis to rank 17 prominent religious and political leaders. Iyad Allawi, Prime Minister of the interim government that will take over administrative power from the Coalition Provisional Authority on June 30, finished in sixteenth place. Behind him, dead last, came Ghazi al-Yawer, who on Tuesday was named president of the interim government.

Why do Iraqis have such a poor opinion of Allawi? Sadoun al-Dulame, executive director of the ICRSS, pointed to one reason: "Every newspaper that has reported about his appointment has mentioned his CIA connection." Although Allawi has sniped at the U.S.-led Coalition in recent months, it's his ties to Langley that seem to have registered with Iraqis. (His organization, the Iraqi National Accord, is funded by the CIA.) "He's a CIA man, like [Ahmed] Chalabi," said Raed Abu Hassan, a Baghdad University political science post-grad. "In this country, CIA connections are political poison." It doesn't help that the Shiite Allawi is also a former Baathist, and a returning exile. Many Iraqis are scornful of politicians who left the country during the Saddam era.

Nice.
ASPB

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyleparr wrote:

A poll conducted in May by the Iraq Center for Research and Strategic Studies (ICRSS) asked Iraqis to rank 17 prominent religious and political leaders. Iyad Allawi, Prime Minister of the interim government that will take over administrative power from the Coalition Provisional Authority on June 30, finished in sixteenth place. Behind him, dead last, came Ghazi al-Yawer, who on Tuesday was named president of the interim government.

Why do Iraqis have such a poor opinion of Allawi? Sadoun al-Dulame, executive director of the ICRSS, pointed to one reason: "Every newspaper that has reported about his appointment has mentioned his CIA connection." Although Allawi has sniped at the U.S.-led Coalition in recent months, it's his ties to Langley that seem to have registered with Iraqis. (His organization, the Iraqi National Accord, is funded by the CIA.) "He's a CIA man, like [Ahmed] Chalabi," said Raed Abu Hassan, a Baghdad University political science post-grad. "In this country, CIA connections are political poison." It doesn't help that the Shiite Allawi is also a former Baathist, and a returning exile. Many Iraqis are scornful of politicians who left the country during the Saddam era.

Nice.

Try reading some Iraqi blogs like Iraq the Model. There are lings on Omar's site to all the major. Quit reading the media and listen to the Iraqis. You really are getting boring KP. Just like real KP.
waltjones
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:19 pm    Post subject: Iraq Reply with quote

kyleparr said: Going well. I will believe that it is a real government when they send us packing.

On that, we agree; I want us out of there as soon as feasible. I guess the main points of difference we have are simply how well things are going now and what are the criteria for us to reduce our military presence over there by, say, 99%. Do you believe if GWB had waited longer we would have gotten UN blessing and assistance? Probably something else that we'll have to agree to disagree on! Semper Fi!
Grampa
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyleparr wrote:

Nice.

The key word ignored by the leftist with no solutions is INTERIM.
fortdixlover

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ASPB wrote:

Try reading some Iraqi blogs like Iraq the Model. There are lings on Omar's site to all the major. Quit reading the media and listen to the Iraqis. You really are getting boring KP. Just like real KP.

The Elite Left would never read the rantings of mere third worlders. How could third worlders (especially Iraqis) know anything that the Big, Bold, Bodacious John Kerry President and liberal media pundits don't?

FDL
fortdixlover

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grampa wrote:
The key word ignored by the leftist with no solutions is INTERIM.

Leftists do not think temporally or spatially. One-dimensional, dogmatic thinking and a "hyper-rationality" (cleverness without wisdom) dominate.

FDL
kyleparr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Gramps. You think that government is for the people and by the people? think it will be in the next 10 years? Think we will let them vote their way into a civil war?

Not as long as everyone is still driving their SUV's we won't!

You can read press from all over the world. The guy has deep ties to MI6 and the CIA. He is a western stooge placed to forward an agenda.
Big Kahuna
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you feel like you're being followed my black helicopters and that there are secret messages written on the back of stop signs?
Top 10 Weasels.com is where Kerry is Weasel #1
kyleparr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You and your hats are a waste of time, Everyone knows the guy is CIA> Noone even had to leak his name!!
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's see what your commander-in-chief did in his presidency. The lack of taking Osama bin Laden which in effect caused 09-11. Does USS Cole mean anything to you? How about the first bombing on the WTC? Or how about Khobar Towers? Or the two Embassies in East Africa? When offered Osama bin Laden 3 times, THREE TIMES, LET ME SAY THAT AGAIN THREE TIMES. Mr. Clinton would not accept him because there was no cause to hold him. So who do you blame then for these terrorist attacks? Bush was not even in office. Where was your commander-in-chief through all this...oh that's right he was "too busy" with other activities...and those activities were against the UCMJ and if he was in the Armed Forces he would no longer be commander-in-chief. He was a disgrace to the office he held. There are a lot of democrats who were disgusted by his lack of class and many who left the democratic party because of his actions and realized that the republican or independent party more suited them. John Kerry gives me the same bad taste as the previous democratic commander-in-chief. He lacks the class, the honor, and or the dignity to be commander-in-chief.

How many times do you expect us to be attacked before we do anything? How many more AMERICAN lives do you expect to die before we take a stance? I know you are going to refer to the our men and women in uniform but they understand the risk and are willing to do what their commander-in-chief as of them. I would rather have the brave men and women who are trained to fight this war on terror keep it in the Middle East rather than bring it here on our soil. And if you are nieve enough to think that will never happen you will have a rude awakening You need to start listening to more than the liberal medial! I will tell you this 87 BILLIONS times over and over again....I would be proud and would consider it a honor to serve this president...and I know most of the men and women on this website feel the same way. I would go in a minute to Iraq if it meant keeping my children safe from another terrorist attack. The key word is terror . That is what they want us live in and I for one am not going to give in to that. I will go on and live my life as a mother, wife and an American.

You keep going ON AND ON AND ON AND ON about Vietnam...well the vets who served Vietnam, the majority of them, are not supporting John Kerry and no matter how much you want to push the issue it is not going to change our minds or opinion on this man. He is not commander-in-chief material. Most of the men and women who served consider him a traitor and feel he should be brought on charges. Most of the military who served in Vietnam were honorable, proud Americans and served their country with dignity and I resent the fact that you imply they did not!!! You need to know that John Kerry has yet to come forward with any actual war crimes and only used that as a ploy to promote his political career. In the 70's it was popular to spit on your country; it was popular to smear the men and women who served. In the 2000's IT IS NOT! While our men and women are bravely fighting to give you the chance to speak your hatred is what they are proudly fighting for. It is the solider who gives you Freedom on Speech (Yet they have no voice)!

I do know that 86% who served in Viet Nam were white, 12.5% were black. 2/3rd's were voluneters and 91% said they were happy to have served their country...and would do it again! Most of the men and women of Vietnam knew what they were fighting for...it was the likes of John Kerry which causes us to loose that war.

I do know that the Lai massacre was false...and that 1700 had fabricated stories about the Vietnam war and that most who did fabricate the stories had never been in Vietnam.

And yes I do remember Iran-Contra...it was where arms were sold to Iran as ransom for hostages in Lebanon and diverted profits from the sales to the rebels fighting the Marxist Sandinistas then governing Nicaragua. And if I remember correctly it was Col. Oliver North who was also involved and Iran-Contra was the end of his career. What did Col North say recently about President Reagan he was quoted as saying that he was proud to have served President Reagan. So you will not find Col North saying negative things about President Reagan. Col North still defends President Reagan and his country and what a remarkable hero he is. Of course you will probably start the liberal attack on Col North as the liberal media is about President Reagan. Instead of letting those of us who loved and served under this great commander-in-chief you would much rather just speak your hatred. I feel sorry for you that all you feel is hatred towards your fellow Americans! I, for one, will never be ashamed to be an American. I will never be ashamed to be a republican, and I will never be ashamed to stand up for those who can't for themselves. What we are doing in Iraq is just. It is right. We need to speak up for those who are too afraid to themselves. We have heard the stories about how we went to Iraq for oil...but if the French, German's and Russians had spent as much time trying to pressure on the "other" president (Saddam) then maybe, just maybe, our men and women would not be in Iraq...but it was the French, German's and Russians who had billions of dollars in the "food for oil" program that they were stealing from the Iraqi people...and yet all we get is your hatred fueled by the left liberals of this country. So maybe you need to seek the whole truth instead of the "John Kerry's liberal media".

John Kerry's record on defense:
He voted to kill the Bradley Fighting Vehicle
He voted to kill the M-1 Abrams Tank
He voted to kill every Aircraft carrier laid down from 1988
He voted to kill the Aegis anti aircraft system
He voted to Kill the F-15 strike eagle
He voted to Kill the Block 60 F-16
He voted to Kill the P-3 Orion upgrade
He voted to Kill the B-1
He voted to Kill the B-2
He voted to Kill the Patriot anti Missile system
He voted to Kill the FA-18
He voted to Kill the B-2
He voted to Kill the F117 (Stealth fighter)
In short, he voted to kill every military appropriation for the development and deployment of every weapons systems since 1988 to include the battle armor for our troops. With Kerry as president our Army will be made up of naked men running around with sticks and clubs.
He also voted to kill all anti terrorism activities of every agency of the US Government and to cut the funding of the FBI by 60%, to cut the funding for the CIA by 80%, and cut the funding for the NSA by 80%. But then he voted to increase OUR funding for U.N operations by 800%!!! Is THIS a President YOU want?
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyle,
I feel sorry for you. I really, really do. It is a shame that you have such hatred...I DID BRING UP IRAN CONTRA WHEN YOU ASKED ABOUT IT. I hope one day the hatred you feel for your country one day dispenses. I can not image having so much hate and so much bitterness towards my fellow man that I would even begin to think so negative against my country. (AND NO THAT IS NOT CALLING YOU UNAMERICAN...I GUESS I SHOULD TELL YOU THAT IF CASE YOU READ THAT INTO MY MESSAGE). I just love being an American. I was proud to have served and would do it all over again. The people on this sight are mostly here because we all have common ground...to see that John Kerry is NOT elected. I also remember telling you about a marine Col who was name dragged through the mud over this scandal and what did Ollie North say today....Ronald Reagan was one of the greatest men he ever knew. Being a president does not mean that one will never make mistakes or errors in judgement...(look at all the errors John Kerry made and yet when his vote was needed to continue extensions on unemployment John Kerry was too busy for his presidential campaign to be in the house and the measure lost...if John Kerry had voted yes the measure would have passed!). So is this the president you want? One who can not take the time out to vote on a important bill but yet can take the time out (even though he is not officially campaigning) to go to California to pay his last respects President Reagan. John Kerry is a man of no honor, no respect for those men and women who served with him in Vietnam....ask them...why do you think they are mad as hell???? The bitterness is what 20% of the American population feel and that is what John Kerry is running on. If the republicans had a George Soros the liberal media would be all over the republican party about who they are trying to buy the election...but NOOOO the liberal media praises this man. It is important for all Americans, including us vets, to realize who and what John Kerry is. Little by little the democratic party will show itself and show just how far left they have gone. We hear all about the right wing conspiracy, but never about the left liberals who are trying to sway the vote by not telling the truth. It used to be where journalist would tell a story without an opinion. It today's TV world the liberal media slants the story to their view. They do not leave it up to the people to decide. You are buying right into the liberal propaganda. I just hope and yes pray that the rest of America will wake up before it's too late and they elect Mr. Kerry. Mr. Kerry was wrong on defense, he is wrong for America. Spill your hatred all you want...but I know you will just continue to accuse me of calling you names...and that is not what I have done.

President Reagan did more than the Iran-Contra....it is funny how the one thing he did wrong is the only thing you focus on. I am not sure why Iran-Contra happened...I do know that President Reagan was trying hard to do what was right for this country. I am not justifying what happened in Iran-Contra. Life would be much simpler if we had the knowledge to see the future. I see where every President made errors of judgement. President Clinton made more than his share...awful funny how he could not recall the Whitewater scandal, nor could he tell the difference between having sex or not, yet has enough to write a book.

Yet you do not see the wrong the John Kerry. You focus on the negative aspects of everything except with it comes to John Kerry. I see nothing in John Kerry that I can respect, nor like. I feel sorry that all you can do is spout negative towards those of us who have a different opinion. When we do answer you questions you just ignore those of us who do and accuse others of calling you names, not letting you express your opinion, yet time and time again I see where the mediator informs you to speak your opinion just keep it in the guidelines.

So to answer your question about Iran-Contra….which your question was what???? It was an bad error in judgement, but I guess people who are perfect like you have never made any mistakes or errors in judgement. How nice that must be. I wish I could say the same thing. It is harder for those who lead countries because for some reason we expect them to be perfect and never make a mistake. It is strange how you never seem to see any fault in anything John Kerry has done. I see lots of mistakes my President, and candidate, George W. Bush has done, yet I realize he is just a man doing the best he can. I can not expect him to be perfect, as much as I would like. I do not know if his decision is Iraq was the right one to make…I can only support him and hope, like Ronnie, that he is making the right decision. President Reagan may not have made all the right decisions but because of him the Berlin Wall did come down. I do not believe John Kerry is right for this country. His decisions are all based upon political aspirations. George Bush knows that the war with Iraq may cause him to loose this election and you know what he understands that and is willing to take that risk. John Kerry ONLY does things by polls and will tell a group what he thinks they want to hear, not by what he will do. John Kerry is not what this country needs…and I believe that to the core of my being.
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and Kyle...saying that nothing compares to Iran-Contra for Clinton...how about not taking Osama bin Laden....Iran-Contra did not cause 3000+ Americans to die. What about the first WTC bombing, remember Khobar towers? How about two embassies in E. Africa that were bombed, and least we not forget about the USS Cole...all which happened on Clinton's watch and Clinton's inability to realize that the terrorist declared war against us and yet only lobbed a few missles and looked the other way. That is not as bad as Iran-Contra....how many Americans must die before the liberal left realizes that we must stand up for what is right? So I will defend Ronnie anyday of the week and it was a honor to serve under him.
ASPB

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theresa Alwood wrote:
kyle,
I feel sorry for you. I really, really do. It is a shame that you have such hatred...I DID BRING UP IRAN CONTRA WHEN YOU ASKED ABOUT IT. I hope one day the hatred you feel for your country one day dispenses. I can not image having so much hate and so much bitterness towards my fellow man that I would even begin to think so negative against my country. (AND NO THAT IS NOT CALLING YOU UNAMERICAN...I GUESS I SHOULD TELL YOU THAT IF CASE YOU READ THAT INTO MY MESSAGE). I just love being an American. I was proud to have served and would do it all over again. .

Ya know Theresa, if I hadn't been and still am married for 30 years to a lovely woman I'd think I'm falling in love! Laughing Wink
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ASPB

Well it is really strange that Kyle will accuse me of calling him names, not aswering his questions...yet still manages to sound like he is AAAALLLL alone on this website. Myabe one day his computer will fall and land on his head and knock some sense into him. He seems to be a liberal lefty. Once that screams from the left side with spit flying but no real words that would change any of our minds. We are all set. We do not like John "F" Kerry. We do not respect him, we could never honor him. George W. Bush may not be the "great communicator" like Ronnie but their belief's are alot of like...and that is what is scaring the liberal left. They are afraid that we love Ronnie Reagan so much we may transfer that to George. So they are coming out with negatives about a man whom we are grieving. I have taught my kids "if you have nothing nice to say, then you say nothing at all"....too bad the democrats mother's did not raise their son's and daughters that way aslo. In a time of war it deeply disturbes me to see the likes of Kennedy (hiccup), Daeschl, Pelosi all jump on the band wagon on the prison abuse...but where were they on the nicholas berg incident? Seems to me a american getting his head cut off is more important than an Iraqi terrorist having panties on their head. Put panties on my head anyday as long as my head stays on.

It is strange how when one of our party says something negative ...they are gone. When the elite liberal do or say something...it is either covered up by the press, or it is push to the side for something bigger and it is the republicans fault for brining it up. I just find that the politics are getting old. But I will not sway. I will do my best to see that George W. Bush is reelected.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: