SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NEWS: Navy Challenging Kerry's Medals
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dane
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Kerry rates the four VNS awards, I assume. Two are for service aboard GRIDLEY and I suppose the other two were for the PCF duty

2. The "V" issue for the SS could, in fact, by a typo. Yes, he is responsible for the accuracy of his DD-214 but he could always claim that he assumed the Navy knew what it was talking about. I say let this one slide be cause if he wins the point, we lose credibility on all other points.

3. The existance of three SS citations is the match point. Changes to citations are possible but they must be requested and approved. The documentation would still be on file. Who requested them, why, and who approved them are the key questions. There is no way that he can weasle his way out of this one. Either he requested the changes and must explain why or they were falsified.

4. The other decoration that can be investigated is the Bronze Star for the "rescue" of Rassman. There was no hostile fire, Rassman was SF and well-trained in water survival, he was not wounded in any way, and in no danger of drowning. The other boats were salvaging PCF-3 which took quite a while. Kerry had plenty of time to simply lower a boarding ladder and Rassman could have climbed aboard. Instead, Kerry helped Rassman aboard. This is hardly heroic. Then look at why this admin-type SF was aboard. Could it be because he was an expert on the awards system and he was along for a joy-ride in return for a favor? And who nominated Kerry for the award?

5. The only news thus far is that SecNav or SecDef has been advised of a request to verify some questions concerning Kerry. I have seen nothing so far that indicates the Navy has started an investigation. However, it does mean that now someone in the White House knows about the JudicialWatch request.

Dane
ArmyWife
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
But, SECNAV Lehman has not said that his signature has been misused, to my knowledge.

Well, you are right that I was struggling for the right way to characterize it. Lehman said that it was a mystery to him, and must have been signed with an autopen. I don't know for a fact that he was bothered enough by this mystery to seek an investigation, but I HOPE so!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: