SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Debate Topic - COMMENTS HERE ONLY Please
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 43, 44, 45  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joeshero
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still could not believe this narcissist liar is still allowed to spread lies after lies, accusation after accusation without beng challenged. I am still deeply upset with Bush who had a plenty of opportunies to put this "fake" face to rest.

Again, Bush must defeat this guy in the second debate both in substance and style. Please send your tips to http://www.georgewbush.com on how to win the next debates.
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

closer wrote:
KERRY CHEATED .... AGAIN .. THIS TIME DURING DEBATE

We all know that honesty has never been a Kerry trait ... so why should a Presidential debate be any different?

I had the very beginning on tape!! I saw it!!!! He did it when he had his back to the audience! The cheater!

We need to email all the news people and tell them to check it out.... well, at least Fox - they're the most likely to check it out and report on it!
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
beansoup
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those that missed it, Bush did insert a remark about kerry's record...Bush slipped it in... Laughing

BUSH: That‘s a loaded question. Well, first of all, I admire Senator Kerry‘s service to our country. I admire the fact that he is a great dad. I appreciate the fact that his daughters have been so kind to my daughters in what has been a pretty hard experience for, I guess, young girls, seeing their dads out there campaigning.

I admirer the fact that he served for 20 years in the Senate.

Although I‘m not so sure I admire the record.

I won‘t hold it against him that he went to Yale. There‘s nothing wrong with that.

"Swiftvet Donation site"
http://swift1.he.net/~swiftvet/index.php
Paul R.
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich,

BTW, thanks for the info.!

Also, I realize Bush has to say "democracy", even though he qualifies it as "not necessarily like ours". I think we'd settle for a Singapore type gov't allied with ours as a "victory". I would.
USAF66-70
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pool wrote:
Quote:
A thousand pardons. I quoted my source and qualified it by saying I missed the opening statement. I DID NOT MAKE STUFF UP! You seem to be quite sensitive. I'll try to be more careful.

Hey Bro, swear to God I’m not sensitive. Got skin thicker than ole Teresa’s billion dollar ass … not that I actually have any personal knowledge of her old ass. Just trying to help avoid misquotes. Hugs & kisses.
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="USAF66-70"]

Hey Bro, swear to God I’m not sensitive. Got skin thicker than ole Teresa’s billion dollar a** … [/ quote]

Laughing Laughing
oasis
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beansoup wrote:
For those that missed it, Bush did insert a remark about kerry's record...Bush slipped it in... Laughing

BUSH: That‘s a loaded question. Well, first of all, I admire Senator Kerry‘s service to our country. I admire the fact that he is a great dad. I appreciate the fact that his daughters have been so kind to my daughters in what has been a pretty hard experience for, I guess, young girls, seeing their dads out there campaigning.

I admirer the fact that he served for 20 years in the Senate.

Although I‘m not so sure I admire the record.

I won‘t hold it against him that he went to Yale. There‘s nothing wrong with that.

Hello,

Bush is soft on Kerry and that can be his undoing.

Please donate to the.. RED CROSS

Last edited by oasis on Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Rurik
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C-Span caught Lockart telling McCurry he thought the debate was a draw.
Simple rule -
If your handler says you won - Maybe
If your handler says you lost - you lost
If yourhandler says it was a draw - you lost.

Bush is "an inarticulate moron"
Kerry is a brilliant Yale graduate.
Expectations!- the intellectual giant couldn't beat up the intellectual pigmy.

Bush is on defense; he already holds the contested objective which Kerry has to seize. Even a genuine draw is objectively a Bush victory.

Bush won! Yes, he forfeited the opportunity for a historic knockout - but still BUSH WON !

Essayons!
Fight Build and Destroy
BB Stacker
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bush should dig out some old Pat Buchannon debate videos and watch how he conducts himself while his apponent speaks. Buchannon is the best I've ever seen. Never mind his politics. He stands there taking notes with a presumptive look on his face that his apponent is telling a pack of lies and misinformation, and that he is just biding his time for his opportunity to set the record strait. Nothing personal, just efficient management of information and point of view.

Bush needs to understand that Kerry is going to stand there and tell lies. Don't let that supprise you. Don't let that aggravate you. It's going to happen. That's his history. Go in looking for opportunities to expose his duplicity and his ever changing possitions. If you worry about people believing his lies you take energy away from exposing them.

Kerry is a target rich invironment for anyone debating him that knows anything about his past statements. Look for those inevitable changes in position and be prepared to point them out. And do it firmly.

For example, when Kerry said he has had one position on Iraq from day one, Bush could have crushed him. Point out several of his contradictory past statements and then look into the camera and encourage the audience to check the record for themselves. Anyone so doing would forever recognize Kerry as a waffler.
chemical_boy
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a pen unless both bush and kerry had notes

Watching Michael Moores every Move
joeshero
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BB Stacker wrote:
Bush should dig out some old Pat Buchannon debate videos and watch how he conducts himself while his apponent speaks.

For example, when Kerry said he has had one position on Iraq from day one, Bush could have crushed him. Point out several of his contradictory past statements and then look into the camera and encourage the audience to check the record for themselves. Anyone so doing would forever recognize Kerry as a waffler.

Do you have any link to Pat's videos? That would be interesting debate to watch and learn.

On what Bush should have done, I completely agree with you. I think Bush's performance can be considered as one of the greatest political blunders of all time. And that's why I still don't get it until now. I blame his camp. As I watched again the debate, Bush had at least 7 golden opportunies to knock Kerry out. Such opportunies will never happen twice in our life. Alas, there is no more second chance. The only topics that could bury Kerry's chance are foreign policy and national security. Bush not only let Kerry leave alive, he reinvigorated him.
BB Stacker
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joeshero wrote:
BB Stacker wrote:
Bush should dig out some old Pat Buchannon debate videos and watch how he conducts himself while his apponent speaks.

Do you have any link to Pat's videos? That would be interesting debate to watch and learn.

On what Bush should have done, I completely agree with you. I think Bush's performance can be considered as one of the greatest political blunders of all time. And that's why I still don't get it until now. I blame his camp. As I watched again the debate, Bush had at least 7 golden opportunies to knock Kerry out. Such opportunies will never happen twice in our life. Alas, there is no more second chance. The only topics that could bury Kerry's chance are foreign policy and national security. Bush not only let Kerry leave alive, he reinvigorated him.

Sorry but I'm not that computer savvy to get links to Buchannon's past debates. Maybe someone else could make some suggestions. I know I watch him now and then even now and when someone is really taking him to task he just listens patiently and deeply. Then when it's his turn he drives his points home with the skill of a top surgeon.

On your second point that foreign policy was Bush's only opportunity to bury Kerry, I disagree. The economy may be Bush's salvation. Kerry and the Dems have spread misinformation for years. It seems their biggest point is that the Bush administration is the first in history to loose jobs. The fact is the unemployment rate has gone down since Bush took office.

How is this posible? Nationwide jobs have been lost yet unemployment rate is lower. And to add to the connundrum a lot more people have come into the job market since Bush took office, college and highschool graduates, imagrants, illegal aliens, etc. Again how is this posible?

The answer lies in the statistics of course. Kerry and the Dems cite the Federal jobs creation numbers from corparations and the like. But the real answer is in the household employment numbers. This takes into account those people who are self employed. The computer revolution has come of age and there are untold numbers of people who now work out of their homes. These people do not show up in the jobs created numbers. According to Kerry and the Dems, these people are unemployed.
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

employment: therr are also a lot more woman opting to stay home iwth their children now than in the past 30-35 yrs and a lot more are retiring - and neither of these show up on that report !

I watched the debate again this morning - and I noticed more things about Kerry - I think I was just to centered into Bush Thurs. night - Kerry wiggled ALOT... I thought he had to go potty! and what has changed about him??? new teeth? and his writing! he picked up the pen and scribbled... put it down, clasped his hands, picked up the pen, scribbled some more, put it down, clasped his hands.... over and over! 'bout drove me nuts!
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Paul R.
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich,

Quote:
With the exception of Britian I dont believe we have "real friends" in the world and most countrys are hunting down Islamic terrorists, not only for their own self-interest, but out of fear of the American military.

Regarding friends, I also ran across this:

Korea, U.S. world views more alike than you think
Filed under: US-ROK Issues— Robert Koehler @ 5:52 am, Oct. 1, 2004
Kimbob was kind enough to link to this Asia Times piece by Jim Lobe that suggest that while differences exist, the world views held by Americans and South Koreans are more alike than CNN highlight footage might suggest. Just a little snippet:

Despite recent changes in the bilateral security relationship, South Koreans remain generally remarkably positive about Washington’s role on the peninsula. One of the most surprising findings of the South Korean poll was that, while 31% of Koreans believe relations have gotten worse since Roh Moo-hyun became president in 2002, a majority of 54% believe there has been no change, and 15% say ties have improved.

South Koreans see the US as having an extraordinary level of influence on South Korean policy, rating Washington ahead of President Roh, their National Assembly, and the general public itself.

Moreover, the survey found that the South Koreans do not appear to want a change in the relationship. Asked to describe the most desirable bilateral policy on a scale of 0 to 10, with 0 meaning total independence and 5 the status quo, the mean response was 5. Moreover, a majority of 59% said they wanted to retain or strengthen the alliance with the US after reunification of the peninsula.

Nearly four out of five South Koreans view the US as either “significantly” or “a bit” beneficial to South Korea’s security, compared to 12% who see Washington as either “a bit” or “significantly” threatening.

Read the rest on your own. I haven’t really had time to digest the findings fully, and I didn’t see mentioned either the survey sample or how the survey was administered (and it also doesn’t help that the piece was printed in the Asia Times, which is in no way a knock on Mr. Lobe). That being said, the results would suggest that the Korea-U.S. relationship rests on firm ground of shared interest perception, even if perceptions diverge in spots. One might also imagine that as South Korea’s role in the world increases and its defense posture grows increasingly independent of the United States, the world views of the two nations might converge to an even greater extent.

http://blog.marmot.cc/

S. Korea has more than their share of lefties who don't like the U.S., but,
hey, so does the U.S.!
The Ghost
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.drudgereport.com/dnc57.htm

drudge picked up on it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 44 of 45

Jump to: