SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Discovered Papers: Hanoi directed Kerry
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArmyMedicsMom
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the list I have. Please add other important links.

http://www.nysun.com/article/3756
http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=41106
http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=41120
http://www.townhall.com/columnists/lindachavez/lc20041027.shtml
http://www.inthebullpen.com/
http://www.inthebullpen.com/archives/2004/10/26/interesting/
http://star.vietnam.ttu.edu/starweb/vva/servlet.starweb?path=vva/article.web&id=article&pass=&search1=WEBOK%3DYES&format=format
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=41142

http://www.alsabaah.com/iframe.php?file=http://www.alsabaah.com/English.html

Last edited by ArmyMedicsMom on Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
twicearound
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANKS A MILLION AND MORE MILLIONS Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting post from Roger L. Simon (another great blog) Bolding is mine....

http://www.rogerlsimon.com/

Wisdom from Abroad
The estimable Gregory Djerejian of The Belgravia Dispatch [Also a good blogl]seizes on the time difference to give us a throrough recap of the Al Qaqaa Story "as told by the New York Times."

Meanwhile, hold onto your hats (I certainly have mine). As alert readers of this site must know, the next few days will feature several rolling media earthquakes. The first on tap, evidently, is what is clearly the carefully timed release in the British medical journal Lancet of a Johns Hopkins report of an estimated one hundred thousand dead in Iraq. Of course publishing figures like this on the eve of an election is unconscionable because they cannot in any way be checked, even assuming that there would be a method of ascertaining such a thing n the first place under present conditions, which is doubtful. It's time to be skeptical of people making rash charges. As a dieing [sic] woman once said, "Integrity, integrity, integrity."

Sooooo....let's keep our ball rolling. We need some counterweight to what's going on. Call TODAY. CALL MONDAY. KEEP THE PRESSURE ON.
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another great comment from Roger L. Simon -

One of the early reflections of this pain is an article in today's NYT - Web Offers Hefty Voice to Critics of Mainstream Journalists. It begins:

Practicing cheap and dirty politics, playing fast and loose with the facts and even lying: Accusations like these, and worse, have been slung nonstop this year.

The accused in this case are not the candidates, but the mainstream news media. And the accusers are an ever-growing army of Internet writers, many of them partisans, who reach hundreds of thousands of people a day.

"Many of them partisans"? I would better say all of them partisans, including me. Who isn't partisan? Jim Ruttenberg, the author of this article? I sincerely doubt it. In fact, I'd bet my house Jim has a whole slew of opinions, known and unknown, assuming he's a person and not a cyborg.

And that's the crux of the problem. Journalists feel on the defensive because they depend as a profession on the pretense of impartiality, something we all suspect no one has or is. Jay Rosen, blogger and chairman of the NYU journalism department is correct when he tells Ruttenberg that's what's really going on is "... really an attack not just on the liberal media or press bias, it's an attack on professionalism itself, on the idea that there could be disinterested reporters."

Okay, guilty as charged. But how to resolve this without yelling at each other into perpetuity, something I don't want to do, I can assure you? We can all (bloggers and journalists) attempt to be as an impartial as possible, but I don't think that will work, certainly not without admitting our biases up front.

The NYT, to its credit, was honest enough to do that, declaring itself a "liberal" newspaper through its ombudsman Daniel Okrent. Most bloggers I know are pretty up front. But the real guardian of honesty is diversity - the market itself. Despite its wounds, the NYT et al are going to have to live with a new reality. We're here to stay and there will only be more of us.

http://www.rogerlsimon.com/

OK, time to go practice a little cheap and dirty politics, you partisans, you. Oh wait...don't we have people here of a wide varitey of political persuasions? Wonder what we have to do to rise to the level of incompetence of the NYT and the Big 3 networks? I'm a little miffed I'm not even considered a "partisan hack" and all that.... Rolling Eyes
drjohn
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MACVJOE wrote:
QUESTION

The MSM will not pick this up it is too hot to handle. Be willing to bet most if not all Senators know of Kerry's dirty deeds. THE ONLY way to get ANY PRESS on this prior to election is for SWIFTIES and POW hold Press conference everywhere they are. Have copies of documents to present at News Conference. Send out Press Releases to all MSM. That will be ONLY way to get any attention of PRESS. Press would be affarid to drop a dime on Kerry this late in game.

I think this is exactly right
twicearound
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly enough some are most likely guarding their own closet and can't leave to open his.

This is the world of politics. So it is up to keep the pressure up and support those who have been digging. Praying for a breakthrough.
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drjohn wrote:
MACVJOE wrote:
QUESTION

The MSM will not pick this up it is too hot to handle. Be willing to bet most if not all Senators know of Kerry's dirty deeds. THE ONLY way to get ANY PRESS on this prior to election is for SWIFTIES and POW hold Press conference everywhere they are. Have copies of documents to present at News Conference. Send out Press Releases to all MSM. That will be ONLY way to get any attention of PRESS. Press would be affarid to drop a dime on Kerry this late in game.

I think this is exactly right

Sorry - can't agree. Sad What's to announce? What's the hook that will "make" the MSM take notice? What's the big news? What documents? They're in bed with the Kerry campaign - what's in it for them to cover the press conference???

Sure, the Senators probably know a LOT more than we do. They have their secrets, too.

PUBLIC PRESSURE is about the only thing that will work. I know people who worked on "The Hill". If enough people squwak, then the wheels start to slowly move.

What would be best is if we are squwaking at them, the big bloggers are squwaking, and talk radio is squwaking.

We can't control items 2 and 3 (although we can greatly influence them) - but we CAN control item one...personal squwaking! Very Happy
speedyrooster
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:13 pm    Post subject: MAKE THE CALLS Reply with quote

Called McConnell office.....cold shoulder routine

Called Senator Frist.....he is aware, took my comment

Calling local Senators now. It seems asthough we are making an impact, but we need to figure out something that will get it to the MSM now. Any ideas? Personally, a vet rally at DC sounds good, but not enough time to mobilize. What about the statement idea from the Swifties?

speedy
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you call, here is a list of questions you might want answered....

KEEP UP THE PRESSURE!

You want your duly elected congressional representatives to get to the
bottom of this.

Who is John Kerry and what is he hiding?

Did he collaborate with the enemy?

Did he receive an other than honorable discharge?

The military records shown on his web site are NOT a complete record of his military service...

Why has he not signed the Form 180 to authorize complete release of his
military records?

What is the Senator hiding?

Did it start with the Vietnam Veterans Against the War, or before?

Would he have connected with the North Vietnamese during the war?

How long was he influenced by the communists and when did it stop, if it
did?

He's never voted against any legislation that benefited Vietnam - why?

Kerry was the Chairman of the Senate Select Committee for POW/MIA affairs, started in 1991. Instead of finding out what happened to our POW's (for which there was apparently a startlingly large amount of credible information that POWs were alive and held captive up through the early 90's) Sen. Kerry worked instead to open Vietnam to private investments. Why? What happened to our POWs?

He has family members who have directly benefited from his legislative
actions supporting normalizing trade relationships with Vietnam (his cousin
is head of Colliers International) - what was the process by which Colliers
International received approval to begin work in Vietnam? How have they
benefited from Kerry's actions?

Our United States Senators WORK FOR US! They are accountable to US. We are United States citizens, many of us veterans, who want answers. We want to know what kind of person John Kerry is and what he's hiding. We are angry and we want accountability from our elected representatives.. [/b]
usmcwifeusafbrat
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morning all! I've been sending the links to everyone I know. Called both my senators and congressmen this morning as well as Frist. All are saying they will look into it. What else can I do?
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When and where will a bunch of us stand together and call our own press conference to show the actual documents and the petition and call for action from the senate? WHEN and WHERE?
We can have a PRESS CONFERENCE. CTW

Never Ever Kerry
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

usmcwifeusafbrat wrote:
Morning all! I've been sending the links to everyone I know. Called both my senators and congressmen this morning as well as Frist. All are saying they will look into it. What else can I do?

Call the Majority Whip's office (he's number two behind Frist), Mitch McConnell - see number in the post above.

Call Ted Steven's office - he's President Pro Tem of the Senate. It's a ceremonial position, but it means he's a key leader of the GOP side of the Senate.
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to clarify - the point in all this calling is not to get a Democratic senator or his staff to agree with us. it's not going to happen (wellll...never say never. I'd like to know what happens when they actually go read what's been written)

It's to put on the PRESSURE for ACTION, and the number of callers will make that happen. It's a little bit like "mob rules". Like anything, there's power in numbers. Big power in this case.

Don't get frustrated that you're not getting them to see the light.

Have facts, web sites, articles, etc. related to the Kerry/communist controvery at hand.

Be polite, well-informed, focused, specific, to-the-point.

Ask some of the questions I posted.

Don't expect a call back - not with the volume of calls I hope they are receiving!

It's to put them under notice that WE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE, MANY OF US VETERANS, WANT ANSWERS. WE ARE TIRED OF THE LIES AND OBSTACLES. WE WILL NOT LET UP UNTIL WE GET ANSWERS.
usmcwifeusafbrat
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, called the above people also. Also called the San Antonio Express....figured it couldn't hurt and gave them the column link. Since my husband and I consider ourselves from AZ, also called Kyle (won't waste my time on McCain since he was elected to think for us). Will look up the names of Congress in that area and call them also. I'm too young to remember the return from Vietnam, but I know it impacted my father tremendously (thanks DAD!). Our whole family (both sides) is retired military so I am busy emailing them the numbers and having them call also.
gulf1609
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This man made me so angry with his responses to me I thought I would pass it on and maybe others will be angered and spurred into action. In my address book I have a group of news/blogs that I can mass mail out info too. Very seldom do I ever receive a response, but this response takes the cake. I have so many addresses in my news group now that I am not even sure where this newspaper located.

This morning early I sent out the latest article from World News Daily that linked to the other Vietnam stories about the Texas Tch documents. I sent out the whole article and the link. Here is the back and forth. I am in the blue and the managing editor is in red. I also include the link to the story.
I merely sent out this article http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=41169
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I suppose WorldNetDaily is your idea of a "fair, unbiased" news source? Got any more jokes to share?
--Heath Waldrop, managing editor
The Ashley News Observer

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you seen the documents from the Vietnam Archives? Obviously not. If they are not forged, they are not to be believed. WND at least investigated. Not to mention a retired Navy Chief who worked on his own time going through boxes and boxes. Isn't this a journalists job? Or do you only dig through boxes if it might uncover if Bush missed a physical. Lets see. A physical versus being used by a communist government to influence the outcome of a war being fought by Americans? If it is not true, report it is not true. For over 30 years Kerry has surrounded himself with Anti-American activists. I have lists and lists and FBI file after FBI file. But lets talk some more about dangerous explosives.The US has secured or destroyed over 600,000 tons of weapons and munitions. Oh, I forgot, you want to report some more on 3 tons that may, or may not have been secured. Way to support the troops! Tell them again, the ones who are guarding and locating the hundreds of thousands of tons of weapons what a great job they are doing. But that would mean you would have to actually report something other than what is dictated to you. That is what I always encourage my children to do. "Listen girls, remember to only believe what you read by established sources." "Please, don't ever ask any questions". "Please, always follow the crowd". Look for yourself. Read through the documents. See why so many POW/MIA families and other veterans have given so much to defeat Kerry. They are convinced, and have now found the evidence, that Kerry was a traitor. It at least deserves to be looked into and not just dismissed. Don't be afraid to ask questions. Don't be afraid to read through what others have found. If you don't think it is true, then find your own evidence to support your decision.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

You're missing my point. My point is that you're always targeting "mainstream" journalists (which actually have a vested interest in being OBJECTIVE) and saying that their information is bad or wrong or one-sided, yet you're all too willing to accept information from a group that very obviously supports your own political beliefs.

The issue isn't whether this particular bit of information is right or wrong; the issue is whether you're being genuine about wanting to find the truth, or if you're simply searching for crumbs to back up your beliefs.

I don't believe John Kerry is a traitor anymore than I believe that George Bush is a bald-faced liar and a half-retarded numbskull who is completely out of touch with reality (have you heard about how Pat Robertson said that Bush told him that since the Iraq War is a mission from God, that there would be NO casualties?). I'm willing to vote based on legitimate issues and political talking points; I don't have to invest my thoughts in smear campaigns, shocking conspiracies and other absurdities to make my decision for me.

I wish everyone else approached politics in the same way, but clearly they don't.

--Heath Waldrop, managing editor
The Ashley News Observer

---------------------------------------------

Again, you did not even look at the documents. Enough said
--------------------------------------------
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 45 of 49

Jump to: