SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A CALL TO PRAYER
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
twicearound
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"BUMP"

19 DAYS OF PRAYER LEFT. TO AVOID MANY DAYS TIED UP IN COURT

Bush on fire in Las Vegas

Psalm104:1-4 Bless the Lord O, my soul! O Lord my God. You are very great! You are clothed with honor and majesty. You are the One who covers Yourself with light as with a garmet, Who stretches out the heavens like a curtain or tent, Who lays the beams of the upper room of His abode in the waters, Who makes the clouds His chariot, Who walks on the wings of the wind, Who makes the winds His messengers, FLAMES OF FIRE HIS MINISTERS

Heb. 1:7 Who makes His angels winds and His ministering servants FLAMES OF FIRE.

MAY THE FIRE OF YOUR SPIRT WHEREVER HE GOES DESTROY THE DARKNESS AND EVIL THAT DESIRES OUR NATION. Lord you have set youself as a seal upon his heart and you are jealous for him. Arise O God and let our enemies be scattered.
momofthreegirls
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ran across this hymn I thought was appropriate.

Once to Every Man and Nation by James Russell Lowell

Once to every man and nation comes the moment to decide,
In the strife of truth with falsehood, For the good or evil side.
Some great cause, God's new Messiah, offering each the bloom or blight,
And the choice goes by forever, Twixt that darkness and that light.

Then to side with truth is noble, when we share her wretched crust;
Ere her cause bring fame and profit, And 'tis prosperous to be just;
Then it is the brave man chooses while the coward stands aside,
Till the multitude make virtue of the faith they had denied.

Though the cause of evil prosper, Yet 'tis truth alone is strong;
Though her portion be the scaffold, and upon the throne be wrong;
Yet that scaffold sways the future, and behind the dim unknown,
Standeth God within the shadow keeping watch above his own.

A prayer of Thanksgiving for these Veterans who have had the courage to speak out. Let's continue to pray for this election. Don't forget the Pray the Vote rally on November 1. I have decided to fast that day as well. I was so heartened to hear the President say that he can feel our prayers. God Bless all of you.
ProudDaughterofVet
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Then it is the brave man chooses while the coward stands aside,
Till the multitude make virtue of the faith they had denied.

How wonderfully appropriate...amen..keep the prayer circle going my friends..

PD

www.timetotakeastand.blogspot.com
ProudDaughterofVet
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Reason why George W. Bush will win, must win..we need a man of faith and integrity..

Below is the response by W given in the third debate, October 12, 2004 I copied this from C-span transcripts..on their website www.c-span.org

First, my faith plays a lot -- a big part in my life. And that's, when I was answering that question, what I was really saying to the person was that I pray a lot. And I do.

And my faith is a very -- it's very personal. I pray for strength. I pray for wisdom. I pray for our troops in harm's way. I pray for my family. I pray for my little girls.

But I'm mindful in a free society that people can worship if they want to or not. You're equally an American if you choose to worship an almighty and if you choose not to.

If you're a Christian, Jew or Muslim, you're equally an American. That's the great thing about America, is the right to worship the way you see fit.

Prayer and religion sustain me. I receive calmness in the storms of the presidency.

I love the fact that people pray for me and my family all around the country. Somebody asked me one time, "Well, how do you know? "I said, "I just feel it. "

Religion is an important part. I never want to impose my religion on anybody else.

But when I make decisions, I stand on principle, and the principles are derived from who I am.

I believe we ought to love our neighbor like we love ourself, as manifested in public policy through the faith-based initiative where we've unleashed the armies of compassion to help heal people who hurt.

I believe that God wants everybody to be free. That's what I believe.

And that's been part of my foreign policy. In Afghanistan, I believe that the freedom there is a gift from the Almighty. And I can't tell you how encouraged I am to see freedom on the march.

And so my principles that I make decisions on are a part of me, and religion is a part of me.
GW Bush.. October 12, 2004.

God bless him..

PD

www.timetotakeastand.blogspot.com
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another reason that Bush must win..............our men and women now in harm's way.

Father I stand with President Bush today.
May you protect him
May you guide him
May you give him great favor
May you give him great peace
May you strengthen him
May you give him 4 more years

in Jesus name, AMEN
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord God, Our Father,

You have blessed us with this Godly President in these perilous times.

We beseech You to bless us with victory on November 2.

Oh Lord, Oh Lord, we ask for 4 more years.

In Jesus Name, Amen.
ocsparky101
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in.
twicearound
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"BUMP FOR THE DAY"

O'Donnel on Scarborough last night said GW's God is a strange and frustrated God, and that he believes that freedom is a gift from God and that this works for religious simpleminded people which are in the minority, compared to those with a more sophisticated view of God, I presume skerry and himself. This is what we are up against.

Wake the sleeping giant O LORD this election day. We declare Lord if you are for us who can be against us. We are not the minority and even if we were with You they are but dust blown away in the wind. Thank you Lord for exposing the things you are, shout from the mountain tops all they do in hidden places. The righteous are never forsaken nor their seed begging for bread. We declare and agree with the articles coming out that Bush is on Fire. Let his words be as a two edged sword cutting asunder the lies of the enemy. Arise today God, manna for today O Lord, words for today to fill his mouth with your wisdom and strength. ARISE TODAY AND LET YOUR ENEMIES BE SCATTERED AND SHATTER THE TEETH OF THE WICKED
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

twicearound wrote:

Wake the sleeping giant O LORD this election day. We declare Lord if you are for us who can be against us. We are not the minority and even if we were with You they are but dust blown away in the wind. Thank you Lord for exposing the things you are, shout from the mountain tops all they do in hidden places. The righteous are never forsaken nor their seed begging for bread. We declare and agree with the articles coming out that Bush is on Fire. Let his words be as a two edged sword cutting asunder the lies of the enemy. Arise today God, manna for today O Lord, words for today to fill his mouth with your wisdom and strength. ARISE TODAY AND LET YOUR ENEMIES BE SCATTERED AND SHATTER THE TEETH OF THE WICKED

This we two ask in the name of Your Son, The Lord Jesus Christ.

Amen
SooZQ
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear prayer team,

Please add this topic to your prayer lists.

http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12997

Pray that the Lord will call hearts to participate.
Thanks for your support. Wink

May God bless America with George Bush for 4 more years!
Sue

Really support the troops, send them a letter and care package! Visit:http://www.anysoldier.com
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I get weary and feel like I might just give up I read through this thread. And then I can go another day. Thank God for each and everyone of you, and AMEN and AMEN to the prayers posted here.T

The American Family Assoc. is hosting a 100% Churches day on Oct. 31. The goal is to get 100% of the registered voters from each church across this nation to vote on Nov. 2. If that happens, W will win in a landslide.

Wake the sleeping giant indeed. We must be roused from complacency. I will be fasting on Oct. 31 and on Nov. 2nd, I hope God will accept our petitions.

We must also pray for our "enemy"--those who are blinded by The Enemy and in his bondage.
Zac's Mom
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are also some special prayers on my "Somebody's Praying For Me" web page.
twicearound
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimmymac and all other faithful ones called by the precious name of Jesus

Isaiah 42:16 I will bring the blind by a way they know not; I will lead them in paths they have not known, I will make darkness into light before them and make uneven places into a plain. These things I have determined to do for them; and will not leave them forsaken.

This Lord we pray over the minds and hearts of the undecided and the wavering, open the eyes of their hearts to truth and understanding, drive away the deception, Father we are doing our part, boldly coming before the throne of grace in our time of need. We pour out our hearts before you, let the lives cut short 45 million of them cry out to you, let righteousness and justice kiss in this nation. We pray, obey and fall at Your feet crying out for mercy for our nation and the grace to endure till the end. In the precious, and mighty name of Jesus God of mercy but also the God of Justice, the roaring Lion
homesteader
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zac's Mom's picture brought to mind a memory from 4 years ago. Several months before the election my youngest daughter (6th grade at the time) had made a paper chain made out of loops strung together. Each night she would remove one loop. On election day there was one left. Throughout the post election fiasco she left the last loop attached to the pull chain on her bedroom light. She never said anything about it but when the issue was finally settled she took down the loop. I asked her what the chain countdown was all about. She told me it was to remind her to pray for Gov. Bush. Oh for the faith of a child. Dad was humbled.
momofthreegirls
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am always uplifted when I read through this thread. I thought I would share some good news with all of you. My sister has a meeting at her church today to organize a Pray the Vote rally and guess where she lives...OHIO!!! She belongs to a very large, very active church in the Cincinnati area and they will be Praying the Vote!!

"For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor; no good thing does He withhold from those whose walk is blameless. O Lord Almighty blessed is the man who trusts in You."--Psalm 84:11-12

Homesteader, that is a beautiful story. I remember those days after the election well and I remember how urgent my prayers felt. What a wonderful way to teach a child to be faithful in prayer. I know how proud you must have been, it is always heartening to see our children living the faith. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 6 of 20

Jump to: