SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MSM Exagerating and Lying about Marines AGAIN......
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WilliamShipley wrote:
USS Endicott wrote:
The American media refuses to believe that this war is different from Viet Nam and they are doing their best to prove it.

Actually, the point of much of the discussion here is that the same thing happened (Media for the enemy) in Viet Nam. Or am I missing something?

You are not missing a thing. That is why Kerry got away with his lousy book "The New Soldier" and that 1971 hearing before the Senate Committee. Do you think anyone nowadays would get away with saying, "I committed war crimes" and not be court marshalled? It is an absolute disgrace then and now.

This Marine did not committ a war crime and should not be court marshalled. These Human Rights groups need to get off us and start looking at the enemy...the terrorists. Or better yet...since they are so concerned about human life and the dignity of it...then stop all the baby killing in America. Since the seventies their have been close to a billion aborted babies, but they want to talk about human rights? That zygote/embryo would not turn out to be a baby if it were not alive to begin with. Women do not have miscarriages if something alive did not die.

Those human rights groups that want this Marine court marshalled are a crock. Twisted Evil
d19thdoc
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some time ago, author Tom Clancy was being interviewed by one of the MSM's useful idiots, and he had to correct the questioner's thinking: "You don't understand. Soldiers kill people. That's their job."

The Marines in Falluja are not there to serve warrants on fugitives.

Last night, on ABC's Nightline, Ted Kopple was interviewing a woman reporter for the Financial Times of London, apparently about how the Arab Street perceives this incident. Actually, of course, the point of the interview was to put out the MSM slant on this. The Financial Times reporter said the Arab Street sees this as "routine" and done on a "daily basis" by the U.S. military, and that it was approved "by the American military command."

I almost threw up. It was Kerry's 1971 Senate testimony updated to Iraq. Can't these people even get new script writers?

I swore this year that we would never, ever let this happen to our military in this country again. And believe me, it will. It has already started.

To these people, Bush is Nixon, only worse, Iraq is their twisted version of Vietnam revisited, or can be made to seem so, and the same game plan is in play.

Can anyone find the Nightline transcript link?
GIaunt
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BUT, this time the American street (the red states, the bread and butter Americans) KNOW that Iraq is not VietNam (they are even learning that VietNam was not what we were led to believe it was - Thanks SVPT's) AND we reject the Old Media reporting of it..

We are making use of alternate news sources and making our voices heard.

The young people of today that are looking into politics are not smoking pot and being 'hip'... They are taking it seriously. They have been raised on the internet - and would rather search HERE than watch a newscast...

The old media should remember one of their old 60s rally songs...

Quote:
Come gather 'round people
Wherever you roam
And admit that the waters
Around you have grown
And accept it that soon
You'll be drenched to the bone
If your time to you
Is worth savin'
Then you better start swimmin'
Or you'll sink like a stone
For the times they are a - changin'.

Come writers and critics
Who prophesize with your pen
And keep your eyes wide
The chance won't come again
And don't speak too soon
For the wheel's still in spin
And there's no tellin' who
That it's namin'
For the loser now
Will be later to win

Come senators, congressmen
Please heed the call
Don't stand in the doorway
Don't block up the hall
For he that gets hurt
Will be he who has stalled
There's a battle outside
And it is ragin'
It'll soon shake your windows
And rattle your walls

Come mothers and fathers
Throughout the land
And don't criticize
What you can't understand
Your sons and your daughters
Are beyond your command
Your old road is
Rapidly agin'
Please get out of the new one
If you can't lend your hand

The line it is drawn
The curse it is cast
The slow one now
Will later be fast
As the present now
Will later be past
The order is
Rapidly fadin'
And the first one now
Will later be last

-- Bob Dylan -- The Times They Are A- Changin'
USS Endicott
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WilliamShipley wrote:
USS Endicott wrote:
The American media refuses to believe that this war is different from Viet Nam and they are doing their best to prove it.

Actually, the point of much of the discussion here is that the same thing happened (Media for the enemy) in Viet Nam. Or am I missing something?

Sorry, maybe I wasn't very clear on what I was trying to say. I'm not the most articulate person, especially when I'm upset. What I am saying is that the American Media wants to re-live Viet Nam and thinks that they can re-create Viet Nam and are doing their best to prove to the American public that the Iraq War is exactly like their view of Viet Nam. It wasn't clear, but I implied at the end of my letter that the media mis-represents the facts. "The American media refuses to believe that this war is different from Viet Nam and they are doing their best to prove it. I refuse to fall into that media trap. I support our military and I will continue to regard the media with contempt, until they show the other side of the Iraq story and support our men and women in the military."

This reporter, in my opinion is a traitor to his country. I may not make much of a dent in the way the media portrays our military, but I will continue to try. I have contacted my Congressman, the White House, and MSNBC/NBC and if anyone has any other suggestions as to what I can do, please let me know.
noc
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: SIGN THE PETITION TO CONGRESS ON THIS MATTER!: Reply with quote

GiveMeFreedom wrote:
A petition has been setup to be sent to Congress. Read & sign it here!

http://www.petitiononline.com/as123/petition.html

I signed this and sent it to Kevin Sites. I hope the petition get back to the Marines in Falluja.

Email Kevin Sites: kevin@kevinsites.net

Here is the petition:

Quote:
To: U.S. Congress
Friday November 12 2004

U.S.Marines were fired upon by snipers and insurgents armed with rocket-propelled grenades from a mosque and an adjacent building. The Marines returned fire with tank shells and machine guns.

They eventually stormed the mosque, killing 10 insurgents and wounding five others, and showing a cache of rifles and grenades for journalists.

The Marines told the pool reporter that the wounded insurgents would be left behind for others to pick up and move to the rear for treatment. But Saturday, another squad of Marines found that the mosque had been reoccupied by insurgents and attacked it again.

Four of the insurgents appeared to have been shot again in Saturday's fighting, and one of them appeared to be dead, according to the pool report. In the video, a Marine was seen noticing that one of the insurgents appeared to be breathing.

A Marine approached one of the men in the mosque saying, "He's [expletive] faking he's dead. He's faking he's [expletive] dead."

The Marine raised his rifle and fired into the insurgents head, at which point a companion said, "Well, he's dead now."

The camera then shows two Americans pointing weapons at another Iraqi insurgent lying motionless. But one of the Marines step back as the insurgent stretches out his hand, motioning that he is alive. The other Marine stands his ground, but neither of them fires.

When told by the pool reporter that the men were among those wounded in Friday's firefight, the Marine who fired the shot said, "I didn't know, sir. I didn't know."

"You can hear the tension in those Marines' voices. One is saying, 'He's faking it. He's faking it,'" Heyman said. "In a combat infantry soldier's training, he is always taught that his enemy is at his most dangerous when he is severely wounded."

A Marine in the same unit had been killed just a day earlier when he tended to the booby-trapped dead body of an insurgent.

NBC reported that the Marine seen shooting the Iraqi insurgent had himself been shot in the face the day before, but quickly returned to duty.

About a block away, a Marine was killed and five others wounded by a booby-trapped body they found in a house after a shootout with insurgents.

Amnesty International has noted reports that insurgents have used mosques as fighting positions, and have used white flags to lure Marines into ambushes.

The Marine who shot the insurgent has been withdrawn from the battlefield pending the results of an investigation, the U.S. military said.

These terrorists do not follow the rules of war. These terrorists kill innocent women by disemboweling them, cut of the heads of innocent truck drivers, detonate car bombs in crowds full of innocent people, and fly planes into buildings filled with innocent Americans.

It is my opinion that NOTHING should happen to this American Marine. He should be returned to his unit or be given an honorable discharge. We don't need our young men and women taking an extra second to decide if its right to shoot an enemy terrorist when that could mean that one of our soldiers could lose their life. The lives of our soldiers should be the single most important factor in this war against terrorism. The rights of terrorists can come second.

Sincerely,

The Undersigned

Sign the petition here:

http://www.petitiononline.com/as123/petition-sign.html?
tony54
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is what proper procedure should be:
If terrorist snipers are shooting out from a mosque, the US Marines sorround the mosque, and send in the reporters and camera crews, give them one hour to talk the terrorists into laying down their guns and promising to be good boys and go home.
The terrorists will be allowed to come out with white flag in hand, say they are sorry and go home to mommy.

If after one hour they didn't co-operate with the newsies, then the US Marines storm the place and kill all the terrorists.
Then the US Marines take pictures of the beheaded jurnalists and send them to NBC with a note: "We tried it your way, it didn't work"
"ps: send another news crew"
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="tony54"]Here is what proper procedure should be:
If terrorist snipers are shooting out from a mosque, the US Marines sorround the mosque, and send in the reporters and camera crews, give them one hour to talk the terrorists into laying down their guns and promising to be good boys and go home.
The terrorists will be allowed to come out with white flag in hand, say they are sorry and go home to mommy.

If after one hour they didn't co-operate with the newsies, then the US Marines storm the place and kill all the terrorists.
Then the US Marines take pictures of the beheaded jurnalists and send them to NBC with a note: "We tried it your way, it didn't work"
"ps: send another news crew"[/quote)

What an Excellent response! This is one of those "I wish that I had thought if that" remarks. Twisted Evil
Mother
Former Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Passing along a thank you received today for the petition...

"And thank you to the Swift Vets for their vigilance and for enabling us to be involved in the protection of those troops who give so much to protect us!! Tavi"

Also, I'm in a red state, but interestingly every male in our high school that I've spoken with thinks Kerry is wonderful and Bush is evil. Do you think it's could be that way because many of them are in history classes with a well documented Democrat or with a hippie turned Marine who didn't think we should go to Afghanistan? Gee. Let me guess.

One of them comes from a successful Afghani refugee family, who saw the Taliban writing on the wall. He might be seeing the light, though, as he appeared at our Veteran's Day service. Last night a couple of them were over and wanted to tell me all about the evil Karl Rove. I responded by asking them if they knew who George Soros is. They had no clue. I told them I was glad they hadn't been able to vote in this election because I considered it a crime to do so with that little bit of one sided information and then filled them in. It's usually a screaming debate when these boys come over. A few days after the election I told them no more political talk here. My oldest is three weeks and counting to Parris Island. It's not good for him or the younger one, a senior.

Interestingly, there's a movement out there somewhere to legally halt political grandstanding in colleges and high schools. Don't think that the red zones are secure.
srmorton
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO, this US Marine hero will be exonerated. His fellow Marines are
backing him up. This is WAR! These men have been subjected to
the harshest conditions for months. Instead of allowing them to go
in and clean up the mess in April, they are now having to clean up a
much bigger mess. These terrorists (NOT insurgents) have been
known to fake being dead or wounded and then pull out a gun and
shoot the soldier who comes to try to help them. Dead bodies have
also been booby trapped so that they will explode when soldiers try
to move them. This Marine did exactly the right thing to protect not
only himself, but also the other soldiers that were with him. If this
guy was not dead, why did he not let them know that he was just
wounded? Why "pretend" to be dead if you are not planning on
attacking your would-be rescuer? The terrorists know that American
troops do not kill those who make it clear that they want to surrender.
I heard on some newscast that another wounded terrorist held out
both hands to the soldiers to show that he did not have a weapon.
He was not killed. I think it was totally irresponsible for this journalist
to release this video to anyone but the US military until the incident
could be investigated. I also think that these imbedded reporters
need to be pulled since they have shown themselves time and time
again to act in ways that are not in the best interests of our troops.
That should be the first consideration - not which reporter can be first
to find the story that will undermine the war effort and embarrass
President Bush.
GiveMeFreedom
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tony54 wrote:
Here is what proper procedure should be:

"ps: send another news crew"

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - LOVE the 'ps'!!! First time I've laughed since this mess started about this marine. Thanks for the laugh - I needed it! Laughing Laughing
http://www.operationac.com
Support our Soldiers!!
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anybody happen to know if this "reporter" (was he embedded or just inbred?) was at or near the scene the day before with this Marine?

Has anybody heard if this clown is going to "testify" at any hearing?

I can't seem to get on his website (blog), if it's his "personal server", it's completely down or if not, it seems to have been intentionally disabled. Similar error messages to this site before they added mirrors, just after swiftvets.com aired their first commercial and hit major news outlets.

Bush pardoned two turkeys today.
I hope he put the word out via back channels that he also has authority to pardon soldiers and reverse decisions.
This will help sway me on deciding whether Rumsfeld should stay, too.
southerndelite
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jwb7605.....you will find the answer to your questions at this link:

http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=17465
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That doesn't seem to indicate whether or not he was with the Marine the day before when, apparently, the Marine was involved in a booby-trapped body, apparently (can't recall the post on that, or another similar blog I read early today).

IF the "reporter" saw the incident of the previous day, it would go a long way to exposing "intent". I hope he is subpoenaed to appear before whatever tribunal happens, and that he is aggressively questioned. And recorded.
southerndelite
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops sorry jwb....i've read so much about this today, I thought this was the article. Embarassed This may answer it better.

ENEMY PROPAGANDA

Get set for another round of America- bashing — this time over charges that a U.S. Marine shot to death an apparently disarmed, wounded terrorist inside a mosque in Fallujah.

Emphasis on apparently, please.

Meanwhile, as the anti-American rhetoric has begun to fill the airwaves, the cold-blooded execution of a kidnapped female humanitarian aid worker by Iraqi terrorists is met with the usual, ho-hum, "ain't it just terrible" pablum.

So let's have some perspective.

All that can fairly be assumed about the terrorist who was shot in Fallujah is that he was member of a movement dedicated to twisting Western rules of warfare and humane conduct into lethal weapons to be used against Americans.

And that he was effectively allied with the killers of Margaret Hassan, the Iraq-based British director of CARE — and the presumed victim in a videotape that shows a woman being executed by a pistol shot to the head.

The West has learned the hard way what happens when terrorists are not dealt with in ways that make it impossible for them to terrorize again.

They will terrorize again.

They will wage jihad until their absolute last breath.

And if it turns out that the dead terrorist was not, in fact, a threat to the Marine who shot him — well, the same can't be said of every apparently dead or wounded enemy fighter.

Indeed, the NBC correspondent on the scene — whose film footage of the Marine's action is fueling the controversy — reports that another Marine in the same unit had been killed one day earlier by a booby-trap planted on a dead terrorist.

And the Marine who fired the fatal shot was himself hit by gunfire just a day before. (That he was returned to the firing line so quickly speaks to his grit and courage — and should earn him the gratitude and respect of all those he acted to protect.)

Was he legally justified in firing his weapon at the wounded terrorist — who, he may have feared, might have been up to some trick?

That's unclear.

Does he deserve the benefit of every last doubt — and then some?

Yes, absolutely.

"In a combat infantry soldier's training, he is always taught that his enemy is at his most dangerous when he is severely wounded," Charles Heyman, a senior defense analyst with Jane's Conultancy Group in Britain, said.

If an injured enemy makes even the slightest move, "in my estimation they would be justified in shooting him."

Not that any of that matters to some of the so-called human-rights watchdogs.

Louise Arbour, the top rights official at the United Nations (news - web sites) (where else?), has called for full probes of suspected "abuses" by U.S. troops in Fallujah, including the use of excessive force and — how's this for gross calumny — targeting of civilians.

"This latest incident is just a further reminder that one cannot take it for granted that troops . . . will strive to abide by the . . . law if they are not given leadership on that matter," a spokesman for Amnesty International, Alistair Hodgett, said. Blah, blah, blah.

But the "rights" fussbudgets have not a thing to say about the brutal murder of Margaret Hassan — even as they attack those brave soldiers and Marines who are risking their lives to cleanse Iraq of Hassan's murderers?

The left-wing and anti-U.S. media has provided America's critics (and the terrorists) with wonderfully extensive coverage of the Abu Ghraib abuses.

And, sure enough, yesterday Al-Jazeera TV was happily airing the footage of the Marine's action in Fallujah.

At the same time, the network self-righteously declared it would not air the slaughter of Margaret Hassan — no doubt, to avoid generating bad publicity for the terrorists.

No one should be fooled by what's going on here.

Those who equate the head-choppings and cold-blooded executions by terrorists with battlefield shootings by Americans acting in self-defense only bolster the terrorists' cause.

Some do so deliberately.

The others are useful idiots.

Both, in the end, are complicit — morally, if not legally
cjg
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was the same circumstances in America that brought me to a very
deep anger regarding the treatment of the Vietnam vets. That anger
stayed with me until President bush was seen to be a man who would
not let his troops be slandered.

Of course, that is what they are doing, the left media are playing their
dirty little games again, in the same fashion, with the same stupidity.

I think the war to elect President Bush is over, and it was a war,
the left played the game like terrorists, as usual. There was never
any negative comments on Kerry from the left, they protected him
all the way and still are.

They are trying to get evidence to impeach the president, they have
said they are going to and this type of situation is simply ammunition
to them. They could care less about the marine, the war and the
country. There hate and anger is still there and destroying the president
is still their game.

It is different now, there are millions of Americans who see what is
happening, but if the right let down their guard, the msm and the left
will win again as they did in the Vietnam war. I truly believe they
will do any harm to the troops, their country and the people with
as soon as they can and as dirty as they can.

It is definitely happening again, all the same words, the same
America the vile war mongering country, the troops being slandered,
the talk show hosts telling the world how the president is a man who
just likes war and there was no reason for it. All they need now is
a Jane Fonda, and a Kerry to start the Americans against the war
in Iraq campaign and they are off running their country and it's
troops down with every bit of the same lies told then.

This war has not been won, the election was won, and Iraq has been
won no matter what the left like to think and print.

It should now be the war against the media, day after day assaults
on them, talk show hosts telling the truth, and many still are as well
as the blogs. The blogs are important, they made a difference in
the election. The Swiftvets, in whatever way they can help will make
a hugh difference as well. They are needed by the people of America
to continue the fight against the same media that allowed Kerry to
stand and speak his lies, and then tell them to the people.

America will lose so much if they are successful, it is too sad to even
think of what would happen if the media is successful in their betrayl
of the country again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: