SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Please DONATE to Swifts - even if it's $5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
djdedeo0
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not TO SOUND CHEAP BUT IM POOR AND THE DONATION AMOUNT STARTS AT 10 DOLLARS!!!! I'D LIKE TO DONATE 5 NOW THEN 25 ON THE 1ST OF THE MONTH.
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djdedeo0;

At the bottom left corner of the initial donation screen is the address for sending donations by check. Please feel free to send a check in any amount you can.

Your support is appreciated!

Scott
air_vet
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SAS fan wrote:
For every $10 you contribute, they spend $10 soliciting you for more money.

I don't think that applies to the SBVT - at least I haven't gotten any calls, emails or junk mail.

Dean was credited for making the Internet a powerful tool for raising money. I'm not sure HE was really the first to do it effectively, but THIS 527 group (SBVT) seems to be doing a fantistic job of getting grass-root contributions!

The campaign of 2004 is going to be remembered for putting the power - both knowledge and finances - back in the hands of the people
wednesdaychild
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for making it so user friendly. I like that i can put it only credit card. I am dsabled, so i couldn't give much, but if we all give somethign, we can beat those fat cats form moveon.org. besides, this money is coming from real people who care about this cause, Not just one man.
U GO SBV
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SAS fan wrote:
I'd like to contribute a modest amount, but I find the amount of follow-up mail you get for subsequent contributions to organizations such as this cancels out your original donation. For every $10 you contribute, they spend $10 soliciting you for more money.

Wow, it almost sounds like you're trying to discourage people from sending a contribution. Sad

From the Privacy Policy:
Quote:
Information we collect when you contribute:

If you make a contribution to Swift Boat Veterans for Truth by credit card, we need to know your name, mailing address, credit card number and expiration date in order to process the transaction. We do not retain your credit card number or expiration date in our system. We ask for your email address so that we can email you a receipt.

There is a separate signup available for the email newsletter, but you must sign up for it - it will not go to you just because you make a donation and it will not go to you just by signing up for this board.
soccer4ever
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just keep contributing folks.

The ads have had a major effect so far.
aroostook sailor
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just donated $100.00.

These good men deserve all we can give. I'm bugging my family and friends to donate also.

AS
bach04
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is important to contribute as well as to let people know about the site. Several people recommended everybody referring 5-10 people to this site, which is an excellent idea because the mainstream media has been egregiously negligent in its duties. Rassmussen has a latest poll which shows that many Americans still view Kerry's records in a "favorable" way. Therefore it is imperative that the truths must be heard, that more people become aware of the veterans' message, through both the ads and the relentless push to get the message out!
Navy_Brat
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G'Day Fellow Truth Seekers.

As the son of a Naval Aviator who served to two tours of duty in Vietnam your latest advertisment struck a chord with me. Seeing former POW's talking about how John Kerry's gave for free (False War Crimes Testimony) what the POW's endured torture and refused to give reminded me of the one and only time I saw my father cry.... as he watched the POW's returning to the USA.... a number of which were personal friends of his. Although he has passed on I know he would have supported your organzation wholeheartedly.

In response I have donated money to your campaign (as has his widow) to show the truth about John Kerry.... his and the "Democratic" parties attacks and rants have exposed how much he/they fear anyones actually questioning his past actions. What is truely amazing to me is how far the "impartial" media goes in trying to defame/destroy your organization instead of actually asking John Kerry the hard questions or investigating to find the truth on these matters.

In closing I just have to say I admire your courage and "intestinal fortitude" (a phrase my father hammered on) to stand up to the personal attacks on the members of this organization and continue your work in getting the truth out.

Jeff Eldridge
Son of Capt Stanley N (Stan the Man) Eldridge Jr USNR
SteamSnipe
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:58 am    Post subject: They don't ask for anything besides what you volunteer Reply with quote

SAS fan wrote:
I'd like to contribute a modest amount, but I find the amount of follow-up mail you get for subsequent contributions to organizations such as this cancels out your original donation. For every $10 you contribute, they spend $10 soliciting you for more money.

I never received any follow-up solicitations, just a friendly e-mail acknowledging donation
Jack Mclaughlin
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are so right about those smaller contributions. They are so important. I hope all of us will make a special effort on Monday to greet Chris Matthews whose entire show will be used to trash the swiftees.
Shore
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:44 am    Post subject: 2-5-10, whatever Reply with quote

Donation sent and more to come.

Let's show that this is indeed a grass roots driven cause. A little cash is small thanks to all the vets who who have served for no other purpose but duty to their country, not personal gain. God Bless Them!
mateo_g
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm shipping for the Army on Sept 29 for 6 years, and do not want to serve under John Kerry. The SBVT's have helped convince me not to vote for him.

Also, I don't have much money at the moment, but I can spare a $10 donation (just made it), because the truth needs to come out.
soccer4ever
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's keep the donations coming.
mike4gwb
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, that was a big Speed "BUMP".

PRINT this thread and take it to work with you tomorrow. At least print the first page of this thread and then write the updated numbers in your own hand writing at the bottom of the page. Hand them out to people you work with all day tomorrow. Folks, each one of you ARE making a huge difference. Heck with your $100, though appreciated, get 200 people to send $5 each and give them the address to this website. That'll pay off in the long run better than your $100. Get the numbers bumped up that will make Moveon.borg squirm.

PRINT THIS NOW!!!! Even if you can't donate, this handout printing might turn a friend onto donating.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 6 of 18

Jump to: