SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Max on mission to Crawford to stop SBV ads?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RocketFett
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the kerry campaign didn't have lies to speak to the media they wouldn't have anything to say at all. kerry will NOT win this election. I refuse to believe that even in this day and age, over half of the voters in this country are stupid enough to vote for him with ALL this info that's come out from him about his own past. If kerry does get elected, then I guess the public screwll system is worse than I sometime think it is.
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:55 pm    Post subject: SBVT Rebuttal Reply with quote

Kerry and Cleland's comment that

"Our pain from seeing these slanderous attacks stems from something much more fundamental, that if one veteran's record is called into question, the service of all American veterans is questioned."

is so incredibly over-the-top, considering the number of veterans that Kerry trashed in 1971, that some official response from SBVT to the major media is needed. For one, the response of the pro-Bush people should be read aloud, even though it is tame by comparison.

Maybe some kind of response would be:

"We agree, that when one veteran (John Kerry) called into question the service of all American veterans in 1971, those veterans he accused have the right to call into question his own service to his country, both in Vietnam and in 1971, when John Kerry was still a member of the Naval Reserves."

I'm sure you guys could do better!

Has John Kerry awakened the sleeping giant yet?
kmudd
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: SBVT Rebuttal Reply with quote

Steve Z wrote:

"Our pain from seeing these slanderous attacks stems from something much more fundamental, that if one veteran's record is called into question, the service of all American veterans is questioned."

is so incredibly over-the-top, considering the number of veterans that Kerry trashed in 1971, that some official response from SBVT to the major media is needed. For one, the response of the pro-Bush people should be read aloud, even though it is tame by comparison.

Maybe some kind of response would be:

"We agree, that when one veteran (John Kerry) called into question the service of all American veterans in 1971, those veterans he accused have the right to call into question his own service to his country, both in Vietnam and in 1971, when John Kerry was still a member of the Naval Reserves."

I'm sure you guys could do better!

Has John Kerry awakened the sleeping giant yet?

Maybe the next add should show Cleland saying that then cut to Kerry's testimony in 1971 ?
jfnk
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sending Cleland down there tells me that his advisors have told him this thing is over if he doesn't shutup the Swiftvets.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so happy to see that Kerry's still stepping in it.

Every time he pulls some boneheaded stunt like this, another bunch of vets gets ticked off enough to start activating against him.

Vets and military can lose this election for Kerry - and he appears to be doing his darnedest to help them along! Shocked
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy,

There's more. The more Kerry and his associates pull stupid stunts like this, the longer our story stays on the front page. I was getting concerned that we are running out of steam, but silly Kerry just bought us at least a couple more days.

Truth is Beauty
Belisaurius
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with Polaris and the other poster. Just when the media is openly asking "Are we there yet? Has the Swift Boat story gone on too long? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?" on one hand, and resurrecting the "panties on prisoners" faux scandal on the other, What does John Kerry do?....That's right, folks, he focuses the attention right back on Vietnam.
BlueLotus
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm...

This is an interesting quandry....

If the Swifties quote the Cleland/Kerry letter, you KNOW the Kerry campaign will claim that it somehow PROVES a link.

But that quote is just so PERFECT to tie in to Kerry's 1971 testimony that it's a hard one to pass up.

I mean, quoting Cleland and then quoting Kerry in 1971 is all the clip requires...

It doesn't require anything beyond that other than who is paying for the ad.

I cannot figure out how Kerry's team could be so stupid as to put something like that out for publication.

It leaves Kerry wide open for attack on his '71 testimony and how even these senators are against the way he slandered vets back then.
Cali-HeyGirl
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Max on mission to Crawford to stop SBV ads? Reply with quote

fortdixlover wrote:
Beatrice1000 wrote:
Quick Note: Just heard a byte this am that Max Cleland is on his way to Crawford to hand a letter to the president asking (telling?) him to stop ads. Didn't hear exact words -- stop "all ads" or appeal against the SBV ad? The story will play out today... The part I did get, is that Max is on his way to Crawford... GEEZ.

While I doubt he will fall for this claptrap, The President has no authority to limit freedom of speech, and I don't think the SwiftVets will back down.

FDL

I watched the entire thing...what a circus Embarassed Same old spin...They can't have it one way [theirs] and they can't stand it...
When another Veteran was there waiting and tried to hand a letter to Max Cleland, that had just been signed by several Vietnam Veterans; Cleland and his group all departed in a hurry. Evil or Very Mad

OOH-YAH! SwiftVets keep on keeping on....they're running!
Cali-HeyGirl
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmmpatriot wrote:
ord33 wrote:
I know one thing for sure, if I was a Swift Boat Vet. For Truth now on March 13th I'd be TICKED OFF. Here Rassmann is on TV calling Chenoweth, Thurlow, and all these guys "LIARS" and Rassmann is foaming at the mouth. Meanwhile, EVERYONE with the SVFT has been EXTREMELY respectful to everyone except Kerry. They have been very understanding, and have not badmouthed anyone except Kerry. I've been keepin' quiet about Rassmann, but personally, he gets under my skin now!

In my observation, ALL of the SBVT gentlemen have been EXTREMELY respectful EVEN when they are speaking of Kerry....nothing from O'Neill et al has been so full of venom as was what we just saw from Cleland and Rassman at that contrived press op....

All I can say is, look at this group, that went to Texas. It looked liked a traveling circus Laughing
Cali-HeyGirl
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ord33 wrote:
ProudDaughterofVet wrote:
Bush should of taken a "Zippo" and lit the dang letter in front of the media and sent back a #180!

ProudDaughter

This is my vote for the quote of the day! Laughing

OOH-YAH! and Out! Laughing
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, y'all be nice, now. Wink

Did the Cleland group actually refuse the letter by the opposition????

How ungracious! That's just not done in Texas. Wink

integritycounts posted the text of their letter here:
http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5236

Quite eloquent.
GiveMeFreedom
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:37 pm    Post subject: Cleland Refuses to accept Veteran's Letter to Kerry Reply with quote

Guess they were laying in wait for him...Kerry still hasn't learned how to fight a war.
http://humaneventsonline.com/article.php?id=4890
http://www.operationac.com
Support our Soldiers!!
RivanG
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has Cleland ever condemned Kerry for his attacks against Veterans after the war? McCain did up until he had a change of heart in the early 90's on a trip to the Middle East.
scotty61
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: SBVT Rebuttal Reply with quote

Steve Z wrote:

Since Kerry has called Pres. Bush's record into question several times, does it mean he is now admitting to questioning the service of all American veterans?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: