SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dan Rather is going for it...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ARK98
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nathanyl wrote:

That looks to me like a new document

It does, unless there was an FOIA request done on his record back in '73
air_vet
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You GottaBeKidding wrote:
The TANG had a typewriter that could do superscripts.

When was THAT document made and why is the question -
air_vet
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ARK98 wrote:

Since is summarized his service into November of 1974 it certainly wasn't done in '73

Last edited by air_vet on Fri Sep 10, 2004 11:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
ARK98
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

air_vet wrote:
ARK98 wrote:

Since is summarized his service into 1974 it certainly wasn't done in '73

good point
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nathanyl:

The document with the superscripts is NOT a new document. It's in the collection of released Bush docs.

As for switching the selectric from 10 to 12, that won't do the superscript. The superscript pair is the same width as a single normal-sized character.
Debs
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You GottaBeKidding,

I noticed that Bush's biography is not dated so I assume it could have been typed any time after 1974, and you are right as the type is not proportional.

Debbie
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 11:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Rather MUST stick to his guns! Reply with quote

truthhunter wrote:
Rather has no choice by to stay with the story. If he insists the documents are authentic, he will not have to reveal his SOURCE for the documents claiming journalistic privilage of protecting sources and methods.

If he admits the docs are fake, then he has no standing to protect his source. The more CBS stands by this story, the more likely it is that the source of these docs is the DNC / Kerry campaign...in my opinion. He has to be protecting something "important" in his mind (DNC / Kerry), and the candidacy of Kerry would certainly be something worth going to the mat over. In his liberal mindset, the end justifies the means.....he's defending the future of the world from tyrannical leadership of GWB.

I think you hit the nail on the head!
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I listened to Rather's story on this issue and he's not budging...nor is he telling the truth.

I could be wrong, but not ONCE did I hear him even mention the presence of proportional font, but there's worse.

I must paraphrase, but it appeared to me he attempted to point out that regardless of the legitimacy of the memos, the INFORMATION that the memos revealed was more important.!!!!!

Dan Rather...former journalist...RIP

His ideology has trumped his profession.

Last edited by Me#1You#10 on Fri Sep 10, 2004 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nathanyl
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I see what happened. Go to this link and look at the Suspension from Flying Status. Check out:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/bushdocs/10-2_2000_Personnel_File.pdf

To: 147th FG/CBPO

Notice how the the th is a different font-size then the numbers? Whoever was typing the other record must have had the page slip up slightly and or something happened like people have said while it was being copied/faxed. There is no superscript.
1AD
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 11:17 pm    Post subject: CBS Evening News Reply with quote

Just saw Dan on the News. As Sean Hannity predicted he ignored the fact that they (CBS Evening News) had spoken to Killian's wife and daughter and ignored what they had to say about the documents. The wife and daughter doubted their authenticity. Among other things Killian did not have an office at home! Where did the documents come from?

Dan also ignored that the documents "break" as if they were typed on a word processor. Ignored that a sample typed on a processor fits exactly over the "authentic" documents. Ignored that the documents are centered like they would be on a word processor. Dan's expert said the signatures were authentic but he ignored the other evidence showing they were done on a processor. Ignored the proportionality spacing. Ignored the kerning

On Fox the person speaking to Jim Angle said Staudt was gone so why would Killian worry about Staudt. The descriptive acronym for the unit was not correct.

However, Dan did say that one document released by Bush did show the superscript. Can anyone find that document? As far as that document in a prior post there is no date so when was it done??? For the run for governor, Congress, 2000, when?

Dan set up straw men and then knocked them down. He ignored facts not in his favor and tried to highlight those in his favor i.e., his experts statements. A lawyers trick. Same thing they tried to do with Kerry's exploits.

We cannot let Dan get away with this.
Navyolsalt
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 11:19 pm    Post subject: RatherGate Reply with quote

Did you also notice that RatherGate did not say one word about the relatives that he talked to that said it was not true! Just more Fraud and Biased reporting! Someone or a group of people must do something about this FRAUD!
Sincerely,
Navyolsalt
Hondo
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You GottaBeKidding:

Not so fast on assuming that the summary of service relating to Bush is either (1) from the 1970s, or (2) was done on a typewriter. The document looks to me more like a form of Courier font printed on either a good dot-matrix or middling inkjet printer using a word processor.

The document's not dated, so we don't know when it was produced. Only thing we know (from analysis of content) is it was written sometime after Nov 1974. Could have been last month or a decade ago.

Word 2000 has only the Courier New font. Word97 and earlier had the original Courier as well. If I recall correctly, so did WordPerfect (quite commonly used in govt in the late 1980s/early and mid 1990s).

There are some subtle differences in the two fonts. I believe that the biggest is that Courier New is a scalable TrueType font, while Courier is strictly monospace (10 cpi and 12 cpi only).

I have a machine at home that has Word97 and may also still have WordPerfect. I'll see what I come up with. For now, my money is on Courier, 12 cpi, and Word97.
Sonar5
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

folks, Read the summary...

If it is the one we talked about earlier...

It also refrenced a Freedom of Information Act..

Now carefully Google FOIA History, and you will find that many did not even use it until 1975-1976 which is when amendments were done...

Why would ANYONE ask for Bush's specific info back then...

Note also the dates aware in 4 year format, which was not widely in use until 90's.....

That same summary did not have a date on it either... SUSPECT....

My Home at AboutPolitics.net:
http://www.aboutpolitics.net/phpBB2/index.php

Last edited by Sonar5 on Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:19 am; edited 2 times in total
Nathanyl
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHO IN THE WORLD IS MARCEL MATELY

I've done a google, yahoo and MSN search and have come up with one hit for Marcel Martly this link:

http://www.thedocumentexperts.com/

It's a website that is either brand new or hasn't been built yet for whatever reason (lack of business maybe?).

We need to find out more about this guy, something about him smells awefully rotten.

1. It's obvious he's not somebody who would be considered at the top of his field or there'd be more on him.

2. Why would CBS use a guy that's not one of the top-notch well known people in his field?

3. Why would they go all the way to the west coast to find an expert?
1AD
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:23 am    Post subject: Dan the "Man" Reply with quote

Saw the entire page on the document that had superscript. The superscript is not the same as on the 04 May 1972 memorandum. I know we are all on the same side but we all need to know what document Dan used. And as we all agree Dan ignored other facts unfavorable to him. Again, an old lawyers trick. Highlight the favorable, give passing lip service, if any to the unfavorable. Set up straw men and knock them down. Then declare victory. Not so fast Mr. Rather.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: