SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

John O'Neill - Nightline - Post Comments HERE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Misty
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GT wrote:
Right out of the starting gate what struck me as suspicious was hearing the American "interpreter" who Koppel said "has lived in Vietnam for the last 25 years". What kind of American would go to Vietnam in 1979, a Vietnam under the control of the North Vietnamese? Why would the North Vietnamese even let him in? Something smells there.

I can't remember which Kerry friend it was that moved to Vietnam....maybe Muller? I think so. This whole thing stinks to high heaven.
Brother was on the USS Regulus - Vietnam
Husband was AirForce 3rd (34th) Tactical Fighter Wing - Security Police Bien Hoa Vietnam
Paul R.
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha! By the time I made my post, lots of you had some more good questions, so, make that 3 hours. BTW, this was a VERY good question:

Quote:
Quote:
what struck me... and it flew over teddy's head : if ABC had such a hard time getting in, how in the world did the "swiftboat" guy get in?

Misty
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ranch hand wrote:
Two items:

The first VC woman interviewed was told her husband had been killed. She stated that he was not in the area. Next scene, she goes to his grave, saying he was killed on that day.

Second is about the people who were there six months earlier.

Should be easy to find out. Don't they have to get a visa to go over there. ABC wanted us to believe that it was a Swift Boat vet. Good reporting would have tried to find out who was there. Bad/biased reporting wwould just leave the subject hanging.

Did you notice the date on his burial spot looked like 5-13-69?
Brother was on the USS Regulus - Vietnam
Husband was AirForce 3rd (34th) Tactical Fighter Wing - Security Police Bien Hoa Vietnam
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koppel said something about reporting and a lot of the importance is in what is not reported. Well, he certainly left out a couple major points. Fortunately, John O'Neill pointed out Kerry's own words in his books, but additionally, what about the other two Silver Star Citations. When he kept saying "this is a direct quote from the Silver Star Citation" I kept saying, Which of the three!!!

I have never seen Mr. O'Neill so feisty.

It was also interesting that ABC was reading from the After Action Reports, but their reporting somewhat conflicted with the report itself. None of the "witnesses" say they saw Kerry go ashore and shoot the VC. Also, the witness mentioned they did not recover the main weapons cache. When they mentioned the 20 VC, the witnesses really never mentioned how much firing they were doing, everybody interviewed said they ran, and while firing they didnt hit the boat (except the initial B-40).

It's amazing to me the media says the SwiftVets have been "discredited". Mr. O'Neill tonight showed what a great deal of what the disputes are all about (with respect to his actual time in Vietnam) - John Kerry's own books conflict with his other depiction of the events.
cipher
Vice Admiral

Quote:
The timeline expressed by the villagers seems to me to indicate that if there was a firefight, it may have occurred after Kerry shot the Viet Cong. From what very little I have learned from this site, and the Nightline account, it sounds like there may have been an initial ambush with the rocket, and maybe a few more shots, then Kerry killed the rocketeer, then sometime later the rest of the VC attacked again from other positions. Again note the VC themselves saying they didn't hit anything.

Have you READ my prior posts in this thread? There were in EXCESS of 13,000 rounds expended! That is NOT a "few shots"....

The ONLY damage that was indicated was a sprung porthole from a proximity concussion blast from a B-40. There were NO friendly casualties whatsoever. No WIA, no KIA.
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
GT
Seaman Apprentice

An 8-20-04 article at www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,129585,00.html reports from Hanoi that a rally was held there by US veterans selling t-shirts supporting Kerry. Names of those veterans mentioned were Chuck Searcy, who they said joined the anti-war movement; John Lancaster who lost the use of his legs; and Andre Sauvageot, a career military man who spent 9 yrs. in Vietnam and "was Kerry's INTERPRETER when he urged the Vietnam govt. to help search for remains..." The plot thickens.
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Misty wrote:

Did you notice the date on his burial spot looked like 5-13-69?

Wasn't it also painted on in black paint? Would you keep paint fresh for 35 years? You might still put flowers or incense but would you repaint the stone?
Maybe only for special occasions? Like company from America?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Paul R.
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cipher,

I was referring to a few more shots from the enemy!!!! I am well aware of your previous post, which was a large part of the basis of my comment about the superior firepower of our side.
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
deleted by moderator

You're breaking my heart. That "know-it-all" is a Naval Academy graduate who spent more time on the PCF 94 than Kerry did.

As to the rest of your post, we don't do Kool-Aid Talking Points here, just the facts.

See ya on campus.
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Statement of Andre Sauvageot, Chief Representative, General Electric Company, Hanoi, Vietnam

Wonder who's on the ways and means committee?

This is no time for ease and comfort. It is the time to dare and endure.
- Winston Churchill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, Paul.

I'm just a bit annoyed with the spin from ABC. How DARE they insert commas into an OFFICIAL Navy report in order to change the meaning?

That is as bad as CBS and their memos. You just don't go around "altering" official documents. It's not only impolite, it's illegal.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I listened to the first few minutes and when the producer said that at first, the Vietnamese Government wouldn't even allow them in because they didn't want to influence our elections, and then suddenly changed their minds, I knew this was going to be pure BS.

I switched back and forth and saw nothing of the exchanges between Koppel and John O'Neill - I'm glad to hear that O'Neill was his usual self.

I think Cipher's got it nailed.

And no matter how hard Ted Koppel tried to spin it, he was indeed "HAD by a Communist government." That he was so clearly trying to spin it indicates that he was willing to be had.

Nuttin' changed there since 1971, eh? Wink
Paul R.
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cipher wrote:
Sorry, Paul.

I'm just a bit annoyed with the spin from ABC. How DARE they insert commas into an OFFICIAL Navy report in order to change the meaning?

That is as bad as CBS and their memos. You just don't go around "altering" official documents. It's not only impolite, it's illegal.

Hey, no problem! I understand... well... partially, anyway! (I'm not military.)

Also, can you make up a post to show / compare the above? Might be useful to e-mail around. Thanks.
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rhinomn wrote:
deleted by moderator

Did you happen to miss the part at the beginning where O'Neill expressed his displeasure of reporting only on the Feb. 28th Silver Star. Mr. O'Neill would rather talk about other events, such as meeting with the enemy in Paris, his Senate testimony, the assasination plot on Senators, on and on. Sure, Mr. O'Neill will speak and back this up, but this is one of many many things on Kerry. If you are upset about the report, then I think the grievance you have is with ABC to go across the World in order to report this. O'Neill didnt ask them for this report, he simply is replying to what happened in the battle....With John Kerry's own words.
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NNN,

Not precisely nailed, yet, The 4 page article by ABC seems to be generating 4 pages of rebuttal per page, and I've only scratched the surface.

You may want to glance at the disenfranchized Kerry supporter above. It seems he's changed his mind about not voting for Kerry.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 7 of 33

Jump to: