SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry is an embarassment
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikest
PO2

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to thank the admin for re-instating my account, but looking at the conversation going on I'm not sure I should

I have a question though. This topic is about Kerry being an embarrassment, however there is no mention of the situation that the current admin has gotten us into. So far we have alienated most of our allies. We have gotten into a war that's planning was so poorly thought out that although we can win it we will have a left huge mess. Every justification for the war has been lost. Our military is stretched so thin that kids will be there for years with no visible light at the end of the tunnel. Generals have resigned because they were trashed for saying we needed more than 100,000 more troops. Former allies have indicated that there could be help if we elect a new administration. We have German civilians protecting our bases in Germany because we don't have enough of our own troops there to do it ourselves.

Every day I look at the KIA list and pray my friends name's not there. He was supposed to come home next month but his tour has been extended indefinately. Every day some family has to see their kids name on the list when they were told the troops would be welcomed with flowers. And people like wolfowitz are looking at other countries like Iran and Syria as if we can go after them as well.

So why would you back Bush. Saying you don't is a cop out. Obviously there are two choices, Bush or Kerry. You dislike Kerry, I can see that and understand that many of you were hurt by him in the 70's. The only other choice is Nadar, and I'm pretty sure most of you would agree he would hurt the military more.
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now you're doing what you accuse me of , that is , not admitting my true affiliation. Which way do you want it?
dhedges53
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Sparky, forget about that Republican Carpro. He just doesn't have the sack to admit that he is a Republican. With the current administrations record, can you blame him? Although, it's nice to see people with the courage of their convictions. Like John Kerry for instance. After honourably serving his country in Vietnam, he came to the realization that the war, with it's Lieutenant Calley's and My Lai's, was wrong. He saw that 58,000 young men, who served their country with honour, died for NOTHING. John Kerry came home and tried to use his brain to figure out how to help stop the war. Now we have sniping little brainless Republican losers like Carpro and the people who put this Republican site together telling the world that an admitted draft-dodger like Bush deserves our vote more than a Vietnam Vet like Senator Kerry. I find it amusing and wonderfully ironic. Sparky, keep up the good work.
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least you decided to stop the name calling. Last question before I go. When you decided to come to this forum with this organizations stated objective, did you not expect to find any number of veterans who were solidly against Kerry? It sounds like you're just upset because you're not changing any minds.

Semper Fi

and adios for now.
sparky
Former Member

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
did you not expect to find any number of veterans who were solidly against Kerry?

I expected precisely that. But I didn't think they'd insult my intelligence by claiming to be nonpartisan.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhedges53 wrote:
John Kerry came home and tried to use his brain to figure out how to help stop the war.

John Kerry came home and tried to run for Congress as a war hero and it didn't work. He lost.

So he tried a different tack. He went majorly anti-war and made a name for himself, under the guidance of "big brother," Teddy.

He stabbed his brothers and sisters in the back for political gain. He continued to do so throughout his Senatorial career.

You want to be proud of that? Fine. But don't expect the rest of us to buy into your delusions.

Oh, and by the way? Before 9-11, I was a mostly liberal independent. I am now registered as a Republican. I support the President. I did not become very active, however, until it became apparent that John Kerry was going to be the nominee.

I am not in any way affiliated with SBVFT except that I've watched their press conference a few times and I admire them and I agree with their stance that John Kerry isn't fit for command of ANY military organization. So what does MY party affiliation have f***-all to do with the genesis of this site? What does anyone else's party affiliation have to do with it?

Your orchestrated attacks aren't looking too nice, here in the real United States, where such old-fashioned ideas as "honor," "duty," and service to country are still valued and esteemed.

Last edited by Navy_Navy_Navy on Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
JasonBinPNW
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chief Steffers, to clarify Mr. Kerrys position, if I may ask:

If you, as a Petty Officer or CPO, had witnessed anything that would be considred a war crime, what action would you have taken?

Further, is it even one of the duties of those who lead troops in combat to take action to prevent war crimes from occuring?

Also, is it possible for any serviceman to obtain a command or leadership station without anexcellent understanding of the Laws of War, and Geneva and Hague Conventions?

If you as a Petty Officer or CPO were found to have witnessed such activities, would you have faced some form of Judicial or Non-Judicial Disciplinary action like an Article 15 hearing?

Last: If you knew that someone senior within the command in which you were serving had "turned the other cheek" regarding proper handling of a violation of any of the laws of war, would you be obligated to remain strictly within the Chain of Command to report such violations? In other words, if you were the Skipper of a boat, and your Commanding Officer was deliberately not looking, or disregarding information pertaining to these kinds of activities, you could skip reporting it to him, and if need be anyone else directly in the Chain of Command until you reached a level sufficiently high enough to feel safe about reporting it, including stepping entirely out of the COC and reporting it to a member of Congress, or the Red Cross if need be. Is that assumption correct?

This Marine is now returning to his post.

Jason

Proud member of "The Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy"
eecee
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
dhedges53 wrote:
John Kerry came home and tried to use his brain to figure out how to help stop the war.

John Kerry came home and tried to run for Congress as a war hero and it didn't work. He lost.

Wrong. He ran as a peace candidate. All you have to do is read this old Harvard Crimson interview that the freepers love to toss around to know that:

http://www.thecrimson.com/article.aspx?ref=352185
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparky wrote:
Quote:
did you not expect to find any number of veterans who were solidly against Kerry?

I expected precisely that. But I didn't think they'd insult my intelligence by claiming to be nonpartisan.

Don't put words in my mouth. I never said I was nonpartisan. I am as partisan as I can be, only not like you expect. You want a partisan to be neatly pigeonholed as a republican or a democrat. I've never voted a straight ticket in my life. I've tried to tell you this opposition to Kerry transcends party lines. You just refuse to believe it. I have avoided accusing Kerry of war crimes. I have not taken issue with his war record, although it's been tempting, since he makes such a big deal of it. I told you it was personal...not politics. He did me and many thousands of other of his comrades-in-arms real harm, all for personal gain. Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean its not real. George Bush, in this context, is a non factor. The only person I can think of that could run against Kerry and not get my vote is probably Jane Fonda. I'd even vote for you, Sparky. Wanna run?
Greenhat
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparky wrote:
Quote:
Even your much ballyhooed Tiger Force was only a small slice of a war that included millions of men. Nothing you have said meets the criteria of "commonplace".

Of course. But the isolated incidents, of which you just selected one, begin to add up. I notice that conservatives never discuss more than one per post here in order to enhance that "isolated incident" feel.

How do you explain the lack of any claims for warcrimes as being commonplace by the current government of Vietnam? No support for such a contention in the archives in Hanoi (which are amazing detailed, and show that the Communists actively documented the war far more than did the Americans or the South)?

That doesn't fit your bias though, does it?
dhedges53
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it has webbed feet, quacks, and walks like a duck, then it is a duck. Carpro is a republican. He's just a coward without the sack to admit it. End of story. Please, go ahead and vote for that draft-dodging, Yale frat-boy. If I were John Kerry facing the horrific mess that YOUR president Dubya has left, I would withdraw from the race. There will be no winners in this country for years to come. And little Miss (Eva Braun) Navy, yea, sure you used to be a liberal. Is there not one honest Republican on this site?
Greenhat
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Hedges, if it makes you feel better, I am a Republican. Been so since 1980 (after making the mistake of voting for Jimmy Carter in 1976).

Now, as to the rest of your comments, you are going to have to work a bit to explain them. What mess is it you are referring to?

A solid economy with a low unemployment rate and the highest % of home ownership in history?

Or the ongoing war against terror which has made solid gains and continues to progress towards the long-term goal of eliminating fundamental terrorism and bringing a reformation to Islam?

Or are you just spewing bile for a lack of anything better to do?
dhedges53
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Greenboy:

#1. For 25 years, you republikans have beat us Democrats over the head with your "Balanced Budget Amendment". When we finally got it, and balanced the budget under Clinton, YOU republikans all of a sudden said, "Reagan proved we don't need to balance the budget". (Dick (head) Cheney. Your grand children, and their grand children will be paying off George Dubya Bush's deficits for decades.

#2. Even Repulikans like you are quoted as saying that the war in Iraq (as opposed to the war against terror) is the biggest strategic mistake in the history of the republikan party.

#3. Iran will have "the bomb" in 6 months. When Iran has the bomb Al-Quaeda will have the bomb. Aidios San Antonio or Phoenix or my home town, Denver. If Bush hadn't screwed up the Iraq situation, we could have found some allies to help us against the real threat, Iran. Nobody will even return Dubya's telephone calls now.

#4. Being a Republican, you idiot, I guess you don't have to worry about your retirement. In case you do, then you are aware that your IRA or 401-k has disappeared in the last 3 months, not to mention in the last 4 years. Are you better off today than when that pervert Clinton was President? If you say yes, then you're just another Republikan liar.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhedges53 wrote:
And little Miss (Eva Braun) Navy, yea, sure you used to be a liberal. Is there not one honest Republican on this site?

Oh so droll.

Eva Braun. Tsk, tsk, tsk. I'm hurt.

Listen up, azzhat, ever since I started vocally supporting this war, I've been called "the resident Republic**t, a war whore and any other name you can think of. Like I'm not a fscking professional cusser, myself. I'm shocked. Shocked, I tell you.

Not.

It's always the resort of the left. It's the dying gasp of a failing campaign. You probably haven't been on the internet long enough to know that the first person to liken another person in the discussion to a Nazi automatically loses. It's called "Godwin's Law." Wink

If voting for Jesse Jackson's Rainbow Coalition doesn't make one a liberal, then I don't know what the hell does! It's the shame of my political ignorance at the time but I really thought when I was younger that we could all just join hands and get along....

I am an honest Republican - registered so, anyway.

Now, again, what bearing does that have on the genesis of this site?
Greenhat
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhedges53 wrote:
Hey, Greenboy:

Well, you start off really well, don't you?

Quote:
#1. For 25 years, you republikans have beat us Democrats over the head with your "Balanced Budget Amendment". When we finally got it, and balanced the budget under Clinton, YOU republikans all of a sudden said, "Reagan proved we don't need to balance the budget". (Dick (head) Cheney. Your grand children, and their grand children will be paying off George Dubya Bush's deficits for decades.

We're fighting a World War. Maybe you noticed. FDR didn't manage to have a balanced budget either.

Quote:
#2. Even Repulikans like you are quoted as saying that the war in Iraq (as opposed to the war against terror) is the biggest strategic mistake in the history of the republikan party.

Amusing use of the "k" there. Are you unable to spell? Or are you trying to make a infantile point? Maybe some Republicans are saying that. I'm not, but then again, I actually have experience with war planning and operations against terrorists. Operation Iraqi Freedom is an essential step in winning the War on Terror.

Quote:
#3. Iran will have "the bomb" in 6 months. When Iran has the bomb Al-Quaeda will have the bomb. Aidios San Antonio or Phoenix or my home town, Denver. If Bush hadn't screwed up the Iraq situation, we could have found some allies to help us against the real threat, Iran. Nobody will even return Dubya's telephone calls now.

Sure it will. Seems to me the last time someone claimed that, Israel made a strike that fixed that problem.

Quote:
#4. Being a Republican, you idiot, I guess you don't have to worry about your retirement. In case you do, then you are aware that your IRA or 401-k has disappeared in the last 3 months, not to mention in the last 4 years. Are you better off today than when that pervert Clinton was President? If you say yes, then you're just another Republikan liar.

My investments are doing fine. Maybe I picked mine a little better than you did yours. See, I didn't rely on the dot.com bubble, saw it for what it was, a pipe-dream. Of course, my grandfather weathered the crash of '29 just fine too, and for the same reasons. The biggest problems I face regarding my investments lie with the IRS, and those started back under President Clinton. But I'll do just fine, even expect to get some money from the IRS in the end. See, I take responsibility for my health, welfare and family... I don't expect the government to do it for me.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10

Jump to: