SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TANG Memo on Bush
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grandforker
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mrs. Knox is being shamefully manipulated by the Democrats and/or CBS. The more this develops, the more I'm convinced that she was Dan Rather's "unimpeachable source." Unfortunately for the Dems and CBS, the memos she claims she typed which conveniently prove all their allegations against Bush no longer exist. That's what created the need to magically restore the documents with MS Word.

From the time the document fraud story first broke, the standard spin from Rather and the Democrats has been that it didn't matter if the documents were forgeries because the content in them was true. Who else but Mrs. Knox could have made that statment with any degree of certainty?

She also seems to be the only person who knew that Killian kept a personal file of "CYA" memos. Again, this file was mentioned in CBS's original defense of the documents. Who else but Mrs. Knox would have known what even Killian's son and wife didn't know?

Many of the statements made by Mrs. Knox about Bush sound like Democratic talking points. Perhaps she is a partisan Democrat whose memory has been selectively jogged to match what she's been watching on the news. Or perhaps she's been in contact with Democratic operatives who made suggestions about what she should remember and how it would be helpful to get the president she despises out of office.

Read the editorial in the LA Times. While taking CBS to task for relying on forgeries, it also says that no proof of the allegations against Bush are needed because everyone knows that they're true. That's the type of thinking that we're dealing with from both the Democrats and the media.

Truth no longer matters. The only thing that matters is getting Bush out of office.
FireFox
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul R. wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Knox has been following the story since last week when the 60 MINUTES II broadcast aired, and on Friday she contacted the HOUSTON CHRONICLE wanting to tell her side of the story. Since then the DALLAS MORNING NEWS has also contacted her.

"What really hecked me off was when it was somebody on TV, associated with the White House, who said that all of this information was lies. And I got excited at the time because I knew that I had typed documents with this information because a person like Bush stood out from the others -- because of his association with his father."

Huh? Who at the White House on Friday (Sept. 10) was saying all this was lies?

Sounds more like what Kerry has been saying about the SBVT. I don't recall the White House saying that they were all lies. I think that the
WH has been saying that they don't know. Laura Bush offered an opinion
but it was well-couched.
Paul R.
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I don't mean to be mean to an old lady, but if she can't even remember accurately back to Friday, or has "spun" it in her own mind...

Like I said, memory can be a funny thing.
GoEagles
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: What did CBS expect? Reply with quote

noc wrote:
Steve Z wrote:
"According to a CBS News producer operating out of the network's 57th Street facilities, Rather and his supporters now believe the controversy surrounding the four discredited Texas National Guard memos has been engineered by the Bush campaign. "

Huh?

I seem to remember that the White House didn't really comment on these memos until OTHERS on the Web started questioning them. Bush and his campaign "took the high road", and let the bloggers do his dirty work!

But is Rather in such an insulated coccoon that he wouldn't realize that the 40% of Americans who solidly back Bush would rush to his defense if Rather launched a smear attack based on fraudulent documents?

This is the "Jayson Blair" story for CBS. It's time for Dan Rather to 'fess up and face the music.

Steve, do you have a link to the CBS News producer quote?

That quote was in the American Spectator article posted earlier - http://www.spectator.org/dsp_article.asp?art_id=7114

Would you have gone to war with Iraq?
"You bet we might have" - John Fraud Kerry
RobD
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw on ABC the note that Rather called the old lady last night. Hmm, I wonder what they talked about?
http://abcnews.go.com/sections/politics/TheNote/TheNote.html
1AD
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:41 pm    Post subject: forgery Reply with quote

Allow me to clear up what I was trying to say. My thoughts got ahead of my typing. Dan originally said the documents and contents are real/correct/verbatim.

If the forger had been smart he would have produced hand-written memos and the typed memo from Killian. The Killian signed document was to throw us off and follow a false lead. “Ah, if the documents are all together then the un-signed documents are from Killian as well.” We didn’t fall for this. We discovered the memos were forged.

So we now know the documents are forgeries so that leaves the contents. If the handwritten originals had been released we could determine who wrote them because of the verbiage, a/o syntax a/o handwriting. So if the forger said I will re-type for legibility that would have been better for this person and Dan could have stated this. Dan has never said I have hand-written documents that were re-typed for legibility. This is done in legal proceedings all the time. [I should have used this word and not “clarify.”] But forger was dumb. They tried to pass off “original” typewritten documents as all coming from Killian. Remember the false scent.

Bottom line. There are no handwritten documents. All documents from forger are typed. So content is also false and of course “Sexed up.”
GoEagles
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case you missed it, Jonah Goldberg had a great piece in yesterday's NRO about Rathergate - http://www.nationalreview.com/goldberg/goldberg200409140649.asp

Would you have gone to war with Iraq?
"You bet we might have" - John Fraud Kerry
Absolut
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh.. Check this out.. Apparently a Tennessee Democrat talked abou tthese upcoming memos on AUG 11!!! Implying that the DEMS knew this was coming...

http://billhobbs.com/hobbsonline/004499.html
a6502
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="FireFox"]I think that this is mainly used for printing as screens can't
display anywhere near 1440 pixels/inch.[/quote]

My point was that the 'scale' did not even exist in '73. Your screen resolution is (standard) 96 dots/inch while print resolution is 72 point/inch. All TrueType characters use a scale that 'lines up' to both screen and print. This is because of the 'common denominator' issue.

This scale PROVES that the 'font' used is TrueType, and it COULD NOT have existed in '73.
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolut wrote:
Heh.. Check this out.. Apparently a Tennessee Democrat talked abou tthese upcoming memos on AUG 11!!! Implying that the DEMS knew this was coming...

http://billhobbs.com/hobbsonline/004499.html

There are more references than that.
http://alexander.dailykos.com/user/alexander/diary/2 Check out the Aug 9th post.
and the call to arms on Aug 9th
http://www.crisispapers.org/essays/awol-scandal.htm

I just consider these to be the "setup", in order to warm up the audience to expect the "news".

Lot's of folks were in on it.
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:24 pm    Post subject: Setup from last month? Reply with quote

If this had been planned since August 11, why didn't some Democratic genius take the time to check the fonts in Bush's records on the Web and type "Killian's" memos in the same font? They wouldn't even need a secretary, in a month somebody could hunt and peck those memos!

Methinks they didn't see the elephant in the living room...
1AD
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 10:20 pm    Post subject: Forgeries Reply with quote

The dumb forger figured if he got the forgeries past Dan then they would develop legs of their own. He/she did not anticipate that we would almost instantaneously discover that the documents as to form were forgeries and even if we did he probably hoped he could sneak by on the contents. Again he was beaten, Due to the enormous experience we have with military matters we were able to quickly refute the content as well. Check and then checkmate.
1AD
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 10:20 pm    Post subject: Forgeries Reply with quote

The dumb forger figured if he got the forgeries past Dan then they would develop legs of their own. He/she did not anticipate that we would almost instantaneously discover that the documents as to form were forgeries and even if we did he probably hoped he could sneak by on the contents. Again he was beaten, Due to the enormous experience we have with military matters we were able to quickly refute the content as well. Check and then checkmate.
noc
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I can say now is thank you Adobe for creating PDF.

Without it the blogospere would have never been able to prove the forgeries.

Any bets on whether CBS will post PDFs as evidence in the future?
GT
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everytime I see the suspension letter on TV someone is pointing to the "th" at the top and getting out the rulers, but what about the address of "P.O. Box 34567"? Does that sound like a real P.O. Box to you?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next
Page 65 of 67

Jump to: