SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TANG Memo on Bush
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

azpatriot wrote:
Here is the latest from Hugh Hewitt

The Meta-Meme: The Forgery is John Kerry, and John Kerry is the Forgery

He nails it.
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect Irony:
CBS' viewers, in order to hear the truth about the TANG documents, must change the channel.
FireFox
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbara Bush defends president's Guard record

BY G. ROBERT HILLMAN

The Dallas Morning News

KENNEBUNKPORT, Maine - (KRT) - President Bush's mother defended her son's service in the Texas Air National Guard, saying "the truth was, he served."

http://www.kansas.com/mld/kansas/news/special_packages/election2004/9700400.htm

One thing that Mrs. Kerry can't do.
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 2:57 pm    Post subject: TANG Memo... Reply with quote

Kelley Shannon wrote:
AUSTIN, Texas - A retired Texas National Guard official mentioned as a possible source for disputed documents about President Bush (news - web sites)'s service in the Guard said he passed along information to a former senator working with John Kerry (news - web sites)'s campaign....
Ex-Guardsman: I Contacted Kerry Campaign

The thick plottens! Stay the course, even if they RUN.
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 3:05 pm    Post subject: TANG Memo... Reply with quote

FireFox wrote:
Barbara Bush defends president's Guard record.

Barbara Bush wrote:
...he served.

We already know Bush was honorably discharged but we MAY NEVER KNOW IF KERRY WAS HONORABLY DISCHARGED BECAUSE HE WON'T RELEASE HIS RECORDS!! We need to kindle some outrage against his SECRECY!!
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 3:26 pm    Post subject: TANG Memo... Reply with quote

Peggy Anderson (AP) wrote:
SEATTLE - A radio talk-show host said Saturday he has been fired for criticizing CBS newsman Dan Rather's handling of challenges to the authenticity of memos about President Bush's National Guard service....

The long tentacles and enormous power of the OIM (Old Irrelevant Media) now has become very SCARY. If an indirect connection to Rather causes an ordinary working stiff to lose his livelihood, it's time for big media to get its comeuppance and be driven out.
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pajamahadeen alert....let's see what the next trick up his sleeve is...

http://www.drudgereport.com

links to...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A34151-2004Sep19?language=printer

CBS News anchor Dan Rather has interviewed the retired lieutenant colonel widely believed to have helped provide "60 Minutes" with the disputed National Guard documents about President Bush that have created a credibility crisis for the network, and CBS plans to air the interview in the coming days.

The on-camera sit-down with Bill Burkett, who has urged Democratic activists to wage "war" against Republican "dirty tricks," could help resolve whether CBS continues to stand by its story or concedes the purported 30-year-old memos are forgeries, as numerous document experts have contended.

This should be good!!!
Skypilot
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Please Mr. Kerry Sign Form #180 Now!
Let the truth set you free? NOT!
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Additional item I noted when looking at the memos the other day -

If you look at the Memorandum line near the top of the 4 May '72 memo, you'll see that the second line of this phrase is indented in an almost identical fashion to how MS Word indents the second line of a bulleted item.

...Houston, Texas - Texas is indented almost an inch over from the left side of the paper. We never wrote that way. Everything was left-side justified. No wandering indents whenever we felt like it.

I still remember that letters were supposed to start an inch down from the top, and an inch over from the left side. I still reset Word to get the same effect these days!

Not that it matters, but I was struck by this inconsistency when I looked at several memos at once.

C'est la vie....
azpatriot
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MJB wrote:

If you look at the Memorandum line near the top of the 4 May '72 memo, you'll see that the second line of this phrase is indented in an almost identical fashion to how MS Word indents the second line of a bulleted item.

...Houston, Texas - Texas is indented almost an inch over from the left side of the paper. We never wrote that way. Everything was left-side justified. No wandering indents whenever we felt like it.

I still remember that letters were supposed to start an inch down from the top, and an inch over from the left side. I still reset Word to get the same effect these days!

Not that it matters, but I was struck by this inconsistency when I looked at several memos at once.

C'est la vie....

The forger obviously didn't know about the magic CTRL+Z option on their 197o's eara Composer/selectric/crytomumbojumbomatic wordprocessor Very Happy
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

azpatriot wrote:
MJB wrote:

C'est la vie....

The forger obviously didn't know about the magic CTRL+Z option on their 197o's eara Composer/selectric/crytomumbojumbomatic wordprocessor Very Happy

Frankly, it's hard to tell who's more stupid - the forger(s) or the people who don't think it's a forgery (still).....
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
Papa Yolk wrote:
August 6 surveillance video from Kinko’s :

http://www.celluloid-wisdom.com/pw/

Rut-roh..... Wink

Is that photo REAL? Question

who is it?

Jim larsen:
maybe Killian's son didn't mean exactly what he said.... I heard that he said 'pool' secretary also.... maybe he meant 1 secretary for several 'bosses'
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question:
Just making sure, although the answer seems obvious:
B.G. Burkett, author of Stolen Valor, no relation to Bill Burkett, right?
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has gotta be the biggest post on the forum.
This CBS thing is bringing down the alphabet networks.
Skypilot
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben Barnes line # 3

Please Mr. Kerry Sign Form #180 Now!
Let the truth set you free? NOT!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67
Page 67 of 67

Jump to: