SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sinclair Broadcast - Please Comment HERE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zac's Mom
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 11:52 pm    Post subject: spreading the word... Reply with quote

I spent most of the morning sending email messages to everyone who'd ever sent me an email message about liking my web pages. So far over 150 have been sent out and I've bearly scratched list.

Here, essentially, is the content of my out-going messages:

Quote:

A while back you sent me an especially nice email message regarding my web site. I thank you for that. It means a lot to me to hear from folks who've seen and enjoy my efforts.

I am contacting you today for very two special reasons ~

1. There is a new page on my site I think you will appreciate ~ a special page for our armed forces and their families I titled "Somebody's Praying For Me" (http://www.goodolddogs.com/SomebodysPraying4Me.html)

2. Because I believe the following information is so very important and I want to make sure you get it and have a chance to share it.

"Stolen Honor: Wounds That Never Heal" producer Carlton Sherwood said yesterday, "I want to be sure that every American who wants to see this film is allowed to do so. Therefore, I am offering the film publicly to anyone who wants to see it." and made it available to the public as a free download on at this internet address: http://www.buttondepress.com/BostonManifesto/StolenHonor.wmv

Before you make your final decision and cast your vote on the November 2nd Presidential election I respectfully ask you to please invest 42 minutes in watching this documentary.

This documentary takes a much needed look at Sen. John Kerry's activities as spokesman for "Vietnam Veterans Against the War" and its impact on Americans held prisoners by the North Vietnamese.

Most Americans remain unaware that twenty-one Congressional Medal of Honor winners have signed a letter condemning Kerry and supporting Bush and that a large number of POWs from the Vietnam War have spoken out against Kerry and for Bush.

Few POW's, beyond John McCain, have had the opportunity to express their views on John Kerry publicly. We've heard and have been reminded repeatedly that Senator John McCain is on record condemning the Swift Vets For Truth efforts to tell their story. Few people, however, know that John McCain's cell mate in the Vietnam "Hanoi Hilton" prison camp was Col. George "Bud" Day. Few citizens know that in a military career spanning 34 years and 3 wars, Col. George "Bud" Day received nearly 70 decorations and awards of which more than 50 are for combat; that Col. Day is the most decorated officer since Gen. Douglas MacArthur and Col. Day is in total disagreement with McCain on this issue.

Per Col. Geo. "Bud" Day:

"The major issue in the Swiftboat stories is, and always has been, what John Kerry did in 1971 after he returned from Vietnam. Kerry cast a long dark shadow over all Vietnam Veterans with his outright perjury before the Senate concerning atrocities in Vietnam. His stories to the Senate committee were absolute lies.. fabrications.. perjury.. fantasies, with NO substance. That dark shadow has defamed the entire Vietnam War veteran population, and gave "Aid and Comfort" to our enemies..the Vietnamese Communists. Kerry's stories were outright fabrications, and
were intended for political gain ....."

"I was a POW of the Vietnamese in Hanoi in 1971, and I am aware that the testimony of John Kerry, the actions of Jane Fonda and Tom Hayden, and the radical left; all caused the commies to conclude that if they hung on, they would win."

" John Kerry opened up his character as a war hero reporting for duty to the country with a hand salute...and his band of brothers..of which he was the chief hero. Most of his convention speech was about John Kerry.. Vietnam hero, and his band of brothers. John Kerry's character is not only fair game, it is the primary issue. "

"The issue is trust. Can anyone trust John Kerry?? "Never lie, cheat or steal" is the West Point motto. When a witness perjures himself at trial, the judge notes that his testimony lacks credibility. Should we elect a known proven liar to lead us in wartime??"

"John Kerry for President? Ridiculous. Unthinkable. Unbelievable. Outrageous."

This is such an extremely important issue in an extremely critical election. The issue is not and never has been that Kerry protested the war in Vietnam ~ the issue is that Kerry LIED in his protest of war in Vietnam. Lied in a such a huge and grandiose manor that it negatively impacted an entire generation of Americans. Lied in such a huge and grandiose manor that, to this day, it negatively impacts Americans!

In my heart of hearts, I believe everyone owes it to themselves to watch this compelling documentary ~ to spend 42 minutes with men and women who speak personally of the result of Kerry's 1971 activities ~ to hear them out.

This is so very, very important to the future of this country. Please download this, watch it and share it with others! ~ "Stolen Honor: Wounds That Never Heal"
http://www.buttondepress.com/BostonManifesto/StolenHonor.wmv

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Zac's Mom
Dallas, Texas
--

For everything there is a season,
And a time for every matter under heaven:
A time to be born, and a time to die;
A time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted;
A time to kill, and a time to heal;
A time to break down, and a time to build up;
A time to weep, and a time to laugh;
A time to mourn, and a time to dance;
A time to throw away stones, And a time to gather stones together;
A time to embrace, And a time to refrain from embracing;
A time to seek, and a time to lose;
A time to keep, and a time to throw away;
A time to tear, and a time to sew;
A time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
A time to love, and a time to hate,
A time for war, and a time for peace.
Ecclesiastes 3: 1-8

http://www.goodolddogs.com
Use the above URL to access a new index of all my web pages currently available On Good Old Dogs

This message varied a bit from person to person but the gest of it was always the same. The folks I've sent this to come from all walks of life and live all across the world. The common thread that ties them all together is a love of this great nation and a deep abiding respect for all who serve her honorably.

I know for a fact that a great many of the people I sent this message to have extensive mailing list with which they share stuff with a great many other people. I have faith that this message, or at least the information contained in it, will be forwarded and forwarded and forwarded and forwarded yet again.

It's my prayer that, as Mr. Sherwood said, every American who wants to see this film will have the opportunity to do so.

ps- the responses to my emails have already started to come in to me and they give me a sense of the size of the wave that is swelling out there right now ~ a "tsunami" of truth may well finally wash the filth Kerry slung from the spirit of this great nation.
Cap' DOC
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:29 pm    Post subject: An artist's perspective Reply with quote

When it became apparent that the only way I was ever going to be able to view the video was by viewing it on-line, I took the opportunity to do so.

After reading all of the comments here regarding what Sinclair Broadcasting did to it, I take exceptiion with not only Sinclair, but the media in general.

You cannot expect your 'good work' to be examined and critiqued without looking at the whole package. The POWs have had their honor stolen once again, as would be the case of someone 'forged' an original piece of artwork.

I also feel cheated. Mt dead Brothers feel cheated as well, I am sure, because of what was done to 'original' of Mr. Carlon Sherwood. If the only way that he is compensated for his loss is that people are able to see his effort FOR FREE, then I will see some measure of success coming his way.
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

did I read the article from the Baltimore Sun (on p 7 here) correctly?

did he say 4 POW'S talked...2 anti-kerry and 2 pro- kerry?

did he mean that Mueller and whoever the other guy was were pow's????

where'd he get that idea? Confused
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Stolen Honor" All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: