SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Are you "non-partisans" investigating Bush's deser
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Real_Patriot
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 10:59 pm    Post subject: Are you "non-partisans" investigating Bush's deser Reply with quote

He chickened out of combat, got Daddy to pull strings to get him into a nice safe National Guard slot, then deserted after his number came up for a random drug test. 9 months of his "service" is still not accounted for with any evidence he even showed up.

Since you "believe it is incumbent on ALL presidential candidates to be totally honest and forthcoming regarding personal background and policy information that would help the voting public make an informed decision when choosing the next president of the United States", you're also trying to holler for media attention on your investigation of Bush's "military" records, right? Guys?

Just be honest guys, you love Bush and hate Kerry. That's all. No need to make up all this "concerned citizens" ********.
JasonBinPNW
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He should open up all his records.

I have seen nothing from this organization to suggest that they are "Pro Bush". What I have seen is a group of men who are pissed off at the defamatory statements that John Kerry made about THEM accusing them of acts of barbarity and inhumanity... and the same mouth is trying to call them "brother" again.

I think I'd be a little upset about that if it were me.

Might I ask, you wouldn't be one of those Kerry Lovers and Bush Haters would you?

Just curious as to why it would be different to be one of them as opposed to a person being portrayed negatively for being (as you so nicely put it) Bush Lovers and Kerry Haters? Just admitt it, there's no need to make up all this "Patriotic Opposition ********".

Jason

Proud member of "The Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy"
DocR
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 4:40 am    Post subject: President Bush's Military Service Reply with quote

Much seems to be made of "time not served" by Mr. Bush towards the end of his service obligation. I was in the U.S. Navy in the 1960s and served approximately 4 years active duty of a 6 year obligation. When separated after the active stint, I enrolled in college. There was no requirement by the Navy that I continue any sort of active reserve obligation. I suppose I was "on the list" in the event of a national emergency and could be recalled. Yet I was never recalled, nor was I asked to serve the remaining 2 years in the reserves. I had no "special connections". My "daddy" was dead. I think Mr Bush may have completed his active duty and possibly not served some reserve time. However, that was not uncommon in my own experience and that of others I knew at that time. I don't believe such a situation required any "special" arrangements; rather, it was common policy at the time.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The libs keep repeating this AWOL claim - if they repeat it often enough, they think it will make it true... Rolling Eyes

Close your eyes..... click your heels together three times....
sparky
Former Member

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to believe anyone really thinks Bush could have been labeled officially "AWOL." There's no way anyone in the guard was stupid enough to penalize him for failing to show up.
ejs
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 3:29 am    Post subject: Kerry Beats Bush as Far as Service Reply with quote

What Kerry did after the war may be in question, but as far as service Kerry beats Bush biggtime. While Bush's application into the TANG has the box checked next to 'do not volunteer' for overseas duty, Kerry requested service in 'Nam. And Bush's only 'proof' he seved in Alabama is a dental record? Bush is a draft-dodging coward, while Kerry requested and went to 'Nam. As far as Kerry claiming that atrocities were commited by U.S. servicemen, we all know that these did happen to a degree; and perhaps Kerry saw some occurences and made more out of them then was the case, but I don't think intetionaly. O'neill said in the Dick Cavvitt debate with Kerry that he knew it wasn't Kerry's intention to hurt American servicmen or POW's. And furthermore, todays news has the FBI's files on Kerry and VVAW in which the report states Kerry as a moderate, and he was not involved with the radical elements of the anti-war protests.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politicselections/nation/president/2004-05-05-kerry-vietnam_x.htm

In more than 9,000 pages from the early 1970s, the FBI is seen tracking the protests, manifestos and myriad activities of Vietnam Veterans Against the War, and concluding that the group took a more extreme turn in the years after Kerry, now the Democratic presidential candidate, quit it.

FBI files on the organization were released Wednesday in response to a Freedom of Information Act request by The Associated Press and other news organizations.

Kerry is accused in the file of little more than charisma.

An FBI summary of the anti-war protests he helped organize in April 1971 says Kerry, a decorated war hero, "overshadowed" many of the organization's other leaders and was "a more popular and eloquent figure" than the rest.

"Kerry was glib, cool, and displayed just what the moderate elements wanted to reflect," the summary says.
ejs
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 3:36 am    Post subject: Kerry/Bush 'Nam Reply with quote

Here are Bush's TANG and Kerry's forms they filled out regarding service; note how Kerry requested service in 'Nam while Bush didn't want to volunteer for it by checking the box 'do not volunteer for overseas'...

Kerry's Form (pdf file, requires adobe reader)...

http://www.johnkerry.com/about/Request_For_Swiftboat_Duty.pdf

Bush TANG form (middle of page just above the number 2...

http://www.npr.org/programs/wesat/features/2004/feb/bushfiles/applic2_600.gif
lost1112
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 4:19 am    Post subject: what a diferance 4 years make Reply with quote

I dont mean to step on any toes here but i was just wondering about eight years ago a then decorated vetern who happened to be republican and a confirm canadan draft dodger who happen to be democrate both wanted to be comander in chief now we all know the republicans tryed to point out this man was a draft dodger not even serving in the guard but did in fact run away to canada now the democrates said so what he will make a wonderful president after all he can tell such wonderful stories and make so many promises not that he will keep any of them but he can make them anyways. now this brings us to today the here and now as i see it we have a republican who while i disagree with his ability to use his family to keep him out of harms way he at least made the effort to join the guards and we have a democrate who yes served in the service allthough it was in a sittuation where he never expected to anything more dangerous than the hookers on r and r now those same democrates are yelling hey wait a min bush did not serve in vietnam so he should not be comander in chief. now i think i understand how it is kerry can flip flop on everything it must be a preresquite for being democrate now i could be wrong on this but it is how i see it and being a republican i do not have the ability to flip flop so if i am wrong then i am wrong but i at least will stand on what i am saying right or wrong why can't the democrates do the same !!!
JasonBinPNW
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lost,
The answer is simple: "Because they are Democrats". It's that simple.

A Republican says something half-witted to an old man on his 101st Birthday, there is moral outrage and a call from those offended to resign his leadership position.

A Democrat directly insults an icon like Ghandi with an overt racist statement, yet where's the outrage?

Another Democrat makes a similar half-witted statement as the Republican to another old former clansman (the same guy who has used the most vile word in the english dictionary at least 3 times on the floor of the US Senate)... where's the outrage?

See, it makes perfect sense... Republicans must be consistant at all costs, and may never under any circumstances make a S.W.A.S. but Democrats can call people the "N-Word" on the floor of the US Senate, and state that Ghandi worked at a convienence store in New York City.

I hope that clears things up Very Happy

Jason

JasonBinPNW
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparky wrote:
Hard to believe anyone really thinks Bush could have been labeled officially "AWOL." There's no way anyone in the guard was stupid enough to penalize him for failing to show up.

Kind of like Kerry lying to Congress while slandering the men he served with, huh? I guess when you spend your summers yachting with the Kennedys, you can get away with anything too! (just like them!)

Jason

JasonBinPNW
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 4:46 am    Post subject: Re: Kerry/Bush 'Nam Reply with quote

ejs wrote:
Here are Bush's TANG and Kerry's forms they filled out regarding service; note how Kerry requested service in 'Nam while Bush didn't want to volunteer for it by checking the box 'do not volunteer for overseas'...

http://www.johnkerry.com/about/Request_For_Swiftboat_Duty.pdf

Bush TANG form (middle of page just above the number 2...

And the point is what? What does it have to do with this organization? I've heard nothing in the way of support for the president from this group. But they step forward to shed a little light on Mr. Kerry and all of you roaches scurry about and try to divert that spotlight away. I'm relly sorry that your candidate is full of Cr@p about his war hero status, really I am.

What I'd like to hear from you guys is an explanation of Mr. Kerrys conduct after the war (while still an officer in the Naval Reserve btw) and the statements he made about these men in the 1970's his recent attempts to mitigate those statements.

You can't. Neither can he.

Jason

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really sorry if I appear to be stepping on toes here, but as an active duty Marine from 1969 to 1975, and always a Marine; here are my 2cents worth. You unworthy protesters have screwed this country five ways from Jesus, your mouths have cut into the ways of our father's from which if we don't turn soon will be like gingivitus to teeth left untreated. Get the facts, use your mind when it comes to the media...what does the media do? Report facts..naw..they report selling facts for themselves. Liberally I might add. Would anyone of cared or known about a prison in Iraq had not someone (Media) leaked it? Talk about caring for our troops...CBS should be put on the short list of sympathizers for aiding and abetting. Try walking (if you dare) in the shoes of anyone of the military personnel stationed away from home. Protest all you want, they (our military) do the time (try it) and they do it very well. I would think that the bodies hanging from the bridge would have bought more time with the media and democrats than a bunch of pictures of naked Iraq soldiers. If my decision meant anything, the whole lot of guards at the prison should be given medals...John was. SF, Dale
sparky
Former Member

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

http://www.johnkerry.com/about/Request_For_Swiftboat_Duty.pdf Bush TANG form (middle of page just above the number 2...

What does this mean...that Kerry was openly asking to go to Vietnam if his country needed him but Bush was not? Man-o-man! That speaks volumes about the character of these two men!
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparky wrote:
What does this mean...that Kerry was openly asking to go to Vietnam if his country needed him

Apparently it's very important to you that Kerry volunteered for Swifts in Vietnam.

How about reading Kerry's own words about his "volunteerism?"

Quote:
"I didn't really want to get involved in the war," Kerry said in a little-noticed contribution to a book of Vietnam reminiscences published in 1986. "When I signed up for the swift boats, they had very little to do with the war. They were engaged in coastal patrolling and that's what I thought I was going to be doing."

He thought he was going for one of the safest duties in Vietnam. Instead, two weeks after his arrival, the mission of the Swifts was changed and became one of the most dangerous.
sparky
Former Member

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So that is what those links mean? Kerry was openly agreeing to go to Vietnam, even though he personally didn't want to, when his country needed him to...

...and Bush was making it clear he wasn't going to go even if needed?

Man, ejs, you've really thrown a wrench in the works here! I can't believe anyone truly patriotic who loves America would support someone who did his damnest to avoid a war he wanted others to die for!

(btw, I admire Kerry's candor and modesty in that quote)
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: