SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Grandfather.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Looking for a shipmate?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lovetropicana
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 4:09 am    Post subject: My Grandfather. Reply with quote

My Grandfather served in the Coast guard from 1960 to 1964, his name is Henry Salsedo. He mentioned once being stationed in Alaska, I was wondering if there would happen to be anyone here that knew him? I'm sure he would be tickled to find one of his shipmates here. It was always interesting for me to hear about what it was like and so on but he never mentioned anyone by name he served with. He's not really all that into computers. ^^;

I am his Granddaughter Theresa Jenkins.

Last edited by lovetropicana on Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:37 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Detective
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well hello there Miss!
Tell you what to do, why dont you and Grandpa sit down some night together and try and remember some names and states and/or cities where his buddies came from.I am a State Lic California Private Investigator and as a service to the great members of this board and all members of our armed forces,Intelligence community,Rescue personell past and present, I do researcch looking for and finding old friends.I'm certain I can help your grand dad hook back up with his old shipmates and friends.

With the help of this forum and Admins like Navy Navy Navy I have found a ton of pals long thought lost and or forgotten.Results are kept private of course and I leave the results of my Investigations and Locates in you or your Granddads personal messenger/ PM.
SIMPLE.Confidential.Effective.and.............FREEEEEEEEEEEEE! Laughing

You tell your grandfather you now have your very own Private Investigator and lets get to work..It's alot of fun..you watch!

And BTW, You must be some kind of grand daughter! what a sweetheart to help out your granddad and us old guys.He is very lucky to have you looking out for his happiness.My dad has a grand daughter just like you...always the princess.Her name is Alysha and she is now 20 and getting ready for Law School soon.

And, if for any reason you or your grandfather would like to confirm my credentials as to my state/Govt Licenses all you have to do is ask either myself or the Admins of this forum.They have all my information like copies of my license,weblink to to Government Issued Bonifides,Home phone numbers in case of emergency etc etc.

So make a date with Grandpa,have him buy the pizza,give me at least a day or two notice with a time, sit him down at your puter and watch what we can do!Nothing will make him happier!...as a dad...trust me, I know!
Lastly,Thank your Grand dad for me,members of this forum and my family for his service to this nation and the World.Coasties have a wonderful history of valor and service to humanity.I live on the water in Newport Beach California and we get to see them saving lives all the time.My seven year old son really thinks the coasties are cool cuz they have the fanciest helicopters and rescue boats and we watch them work their magic all the time..many times from our front porch! oh......and tell your grandfather this too....it's latin......Semper Paratus! (Always Ready). Motto, of the World Famous United States Coast Guard.

All the best kiddo,
Detective John
lovetropicana
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much Detective, you are so awesome for helping us here freely, so yeah I'll talk to Grandpa and ask him if he remembers any names, which I'm sure he does. ^_^ Thank you so much.

<3 Theresa
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Looking for a shipmate? All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: