SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DEFSECs Testimonies on POWs not included....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2ndamendsis
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:52 pm    Post subject: DEFSECs Testimonies on POWs not included.... Reply with quote

someone just sent this to me. It's from the "memory hole" and was posted on June 9, 03. More than interesting is....

Quote:
Among the most stunning evidence is the testimony of two men who served as President Nixon's Defense Secretaries (one of whom had also been the Director of the Central Intelligence Agency). In sworn testimony before Congress in 1992, they said that POWs held in Laos had been abandoned. This bombshell was a two-day wonder. On the first day, the press reported it. On the second day, Henry Kissinger denied it. On the third day and every following day, the public forgot it.

While searching through the Virtual Vietnam Archive for a book I'm writing (50 Things You're Not Supposed to Know), I came across this remarkable article. As far as I can tell, the testimony of these two Defense Secretaries was not included in the published volumes covering these congressional hearings. If anyone has the verbatim transcripts, please send them. (Note: the last line of each column was clipped in the original scan.)

http://www.thememoryhole.org/war/pows-defense-secs.htm

Take a look. What do you think?
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I havn't forgotten the POW/MIA and on 11/2/04 I am going to proudly were a POW/MIA shirt when I cast my vote.

CWV

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: