SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mama T's Pet Wolf

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
arymann
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:18 pm    Post subject: Mama T's Pet Wolf Reply with quote

I don't think Mama T has succeeded in housebreaking her pet wolf, or perhaps the choke chain is too tight. In any event, they deserve each other!

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/story/215497p-185540c.html

Excerpt from article below:

And in a 2002 interview with The New Yorker about her early impressions of dating John Kerry, she likened her husband to “a specimen who’d been out in the woods a long time. He was like having a pet wolf who comes in and you say, ‘Yeh, cute.’ I need to teach him a couple of things.”

Quote:
Call it the Teresa factor
Kerry’s quirky, outspoken spouse a wild card in race
By CELESTE KATZ
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Teresa Heinz Kerry

She would be a First Lady like none America has ever seen.
Mozambique-born Teresa (Te-RAYS-za) Heinz Kerry, who married Democratic nominee Sen. John Kerry in 1995, is no shrinking violet. She has referred to herself as “cheeky” and “sexy” on TV, sported an anti-Bush pin with the slogan “Asses of Evil” and told an interviewer she doesn’t “give a s---” whether she goes by Heinz or Kerry.

“I think she’s unique,” said Doug Muzzio of the Baruch College School of Public Affairs. “The fact that she’s foreign-born, the fact that’s she’s megarich, the fact that she’s less restrained in her remarks.”

When her first husband, Republican Sen. John Heinz, died in a 1991 helicopter crash, the sudden heiress to the family ketchup fortune took over the Howard Heinz Endowment and the Heinz Family Philanthropies. There, she oversees grants geared at improving education, the environment, economic opportunity and the arts.

Her estimated worth tops $500 million.

On the trail, she’s known for warmth and humor, but also for a quirkiness, a candor and a rambling, murmured commentary that can sometimes seem to border on free association.

At the Jefferson Jackson Gala Dinner in Manhattan on June 3, she earnestly told the crowd that “The only way we’re going to win this [is] grassroots at every level: At the highest-level grass, the lowest-level grass. It could be a lot of grass.”

To a 3,000-person crowd at a July 9 Manhattan fund-raiser for Women for Kerry: “Women for Kerry needs birth control! You’ve become huge!” And in a 2002 interview with The New Yorker about her early impressions of dating John Kerry, she likened her husband to “a specimen who’d been out in the woods a long time. He was like having a pet wolf who comes in and you say, ‘Yeh, cute.’ I need to teach him a couple of things.” Teresa Heinz Kerry has been called “blunt,” “earthy” and even “odd” — an impression which may bother some and lend appeal to others.

“Clearly, there’s a fine line between really engaging, intriguing and interesting and sort of over the top and loopy — and it sometimes seems as if she approaches that line,” Muzzio said. “That’s what makes her interesting.”

By contrast, Laura Bush, a former teacher and librarian whom Muzzio describes as more of a “classic” First Lady, tends to deflect most questions about her personal views.

“With the electorate, that might work better. Us New Yorkers like crazy people from other countries and we like crazy people amongst us. I don’t know how Mrs. Kerry plays in Dubuque,” he said.

It’s unclear what role Heinz Kerry would play if her husband wins the presidency: While she’s wonkish when it comes to the environment and women’s issues, she’s said she doesn’t want to make policy and has been openly critical about now-Sen. Hillary Clinton’s de facto cabinet position during her husband’s administration.

And although she may be known for spinning off on mumbly tangents, that’s unlikely to happen when she takes center stage Tuesday night at the Democratic National Convention, Muzzio says: There’s simply too much at stake.

“She’s smart enough to know that she’s got to stay on script and on message,” Muzzo said. “I would think she’s going to have that speech memorized like George Bush does, and she’s not going to get off message at all. They’re not going to take a chance, and she would be foolish to do it."

ABOUT TERESA

NAME: Maria Teresa Thierstein Simoes-Ferreira Heinz Kerry

BORN: Mozambique

EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree, romance languages and literature, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa, 1960. Graduated from Interpreters School of the University of Geneva in 1963.

LANGUAGES: Portuguese, English, Spanish, French, Italian

PROFESSIONAL: Chairwoman of the Howard Heinz Endowment and the Heinz Family Philanthropies

WORTH: $500 million (estimated)

HOMES: Boston; Nantucket, Mass.; Ketchum, Idaho; Pittsburgh; Washington

PERSONAL: Widow of Sen. John Heinz 3rd, mother of his three adult sons: John 4th, Andre and Chris; one grandchild.

Originally published on July 24, 2004
Armybrat/Armymom
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"He was like having a pet wolf...."

My daughter has a pet hybrid wolf and Miz HeinzKerry, I resent that comparison. Jake is a "loyal" (not backstabbing), focused (not flipfloppy) and "oh so lovable" (???? add your own thought) pet.
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:04 pm    Post subject: the wolf Reply with quote

Wolf?
Boy I think im gona puke! cant you see kerry running around the house in his pj's with the feet in them , and tereza saying "come on you big bad wolfy-give big mama a kiss". Wink

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She is more like a "warewolf"! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
twinkleUSA
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:22 am    Post subject: Re: the wolf Reply with quote

blue9t3 wrote:
Wolf?
Boy I think im gona puke! cant you see kerry running around the house in his pj's with the feet in them , and tereza saying "come on you big bad wolfy-give big mama a kiss". Wink

Crap.... I shouldn't have read that one with coffee in my mouth....
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Tacan70UDN
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:42 am    Post subject: Re: the wolf Reply with quote

twinkleUSA wrote:

Crap.... I shouldn't have read that one with coffee in my mouth....

I learned that the hard way yesterday too. Guess we should make a new rule for the forum: No eating or drinking while reading. 'Confused'
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, Teresa's got all the class of a Reeperbahn resident. And her inherited money does nothing for it.
Knighthawk
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott wrote:
Yup, Teresa's got all the class of a Reeperbahn resident. And her inherited money does nothing for it.

Reeperbahn resident.........now thats funny.

Beware of the lollipop of mediocrity! Lick it once and you'll suck forever.

If guns kill people, then I can blame misspelled words on my pencil.

Knighthawk's Pictures!
Paul Woll
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Kerry is like a wolf in sheeps clothing.....

Shouldn't this make people wary of his two faces....?
arymann
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the Boston Herald http://thetrack.bostonherald.com/moreTrack/view.bg?articleid=45207, Mama T seems to be a great "step-money." Thinks he is a pet wolf, treats his kids like pets.

People = Pets--what a superior being is Mama T.

Quote:
The daughter of a doctor, Heinz loves to dispense medical advice. Friends think she is ``delightful, loving, funny and kindhearted'' but her step-daughters, Vanessa and Alexandra Kerry, did not hit it off with her at first.

``I thought, `I love kids, kids love me, I'll be fine.' Baloney,'' Teresa said. ``You have to treat stepchildren like pets. You're nice to them but you don't get too close or they chew you up. Well, I did it the other way.''

In fact, we hear the gals refer to Heinz as their ``step-money.''
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knighthawk wrote:
Reeperbahn resident.........now thats funny.

It figures you'd get that one, Brian. Wink
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<soundtrack playing> "Hoooraaay for Reeeeeeeeeperbaaaaaahn".

...naw, it just doesn't sound as good as the original, and of course that song was famous when Hollywood wasn't a political cesspool.
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what a strange woman.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: