SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Are There Islamic Peace Groups?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:37 am    Post subject: Are There Islamic Peace Groups? Reply with quote

99% of the terror attackes we hear about, read about, and see broadcast on television all go by the title, "Islamic Terror Group". Where is the outrage from the Islamic community? Why do they sit idly while terrorists highjack their religion? It would be a welcomed change of pace to see an "Islamic Peace Group".

The underlining principle in Islam is submission. That is what Islam means. Well the submission they are making reference to is your submission to their way of life or die.

I think this underscores the point made that there are only "Islamic Terror Groups" and not "Islamic Peace Groups". Let me be clear I am not a religious bigot, I am a born again Christian who believes that if Christians were to conduct themselves in the way Islamic radicals do, I would be the first to condemn and hold accountable the religious leadership.

All being said, the Islamic world needs to take back their religion from some ideological misfits.
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doll, We are westerners and our culture and religions have formed our consciousness. Their culture and religion have been quite closed and narrow in perspective. Look at all the people in our country who have become muslims. They seem to leave the scene. They stay to themselves and call it peace. Just my observation. Of course in Iraq the people attended the beheadings and torture and murder sessions in the arenas. CTW

Never Ever Kerry
JCBoston
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The terrorists did not "hijack" their religion. That is a western PC spin that has been placed on the subject. Islam is a very violent religion that condones this type of activity. The terrorists are behaving as good Muslims according to their religious teachings, and the rest of the muslim world is bound by those same teachings to protect them.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCBoston wrote:
The terrorists did not "hijack" their religion. That is a western PC spin that has been placed on the subject. Islam is a very violent religion that condones this type of activity. The terrorists are behaving as good Muslims according to their religious teachings, and the rest of the muslim world is bound by those same teachings to protect them.

I stand corrected. Thanks! Smile
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yikes, I had to delete that. Going back to find the correct site, darn it.
m_drummond
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islamic Peace - oxymoron
________
Asian Xxx

Last edited by m_drummond on Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
ashter
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All,

I was stationed in the Islamic country of TURKEY for 4 years and the religion of ISLAM is a very peaceful religion. They do believe in the death penalty, but so do we.

The only way for Islamic Fascism to go away is for the Islamic Clerics to stand up and denounce the terrorist actions. The Muslims are the only ones that can win the war against the Islamic terrorist for it to truly end.

The Iraqis are speaking out about the kidnappings and denouncing the insurgency activity, and would like nothing more then to have peace and security in their country. If they didn't, you would't have people risking their lives going to register/apply for the National Guard and the Police.

I only hope it doesn't take 20 years to happen .....
JCBoston
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone interested in learning how "very peaceful" Islam is should visit these two sites:

Arab television interviews subtitled in english:
http://www.memritv.org/Search.asp?ACT=S6#

Many different articles, e-books, and a message board:
http://www.faithfreedom.org/Articles.htm
CandiM
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out

www.freemuslims.org

It's always dangerous and often downright wrong to generalize about any group of human beings--C
Tacan70UDN
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with ashter that Islam is basically a peaceful religion. I too have lived more than four years in Islamic countries and got to know the people. Like any religion, Islam can be perverted for political reasons. No need to paint the whole Islamic world with the terrorist brush.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good News for the Crescent World

This site is very informative. It was created by and is operated by an Iraqi Christian with the intent of helping Muslims understand Christianity, and vice versa. I highly recommend it.
Al_Hawaii
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few weeks ago I read an article in the Early Bird. An Islamic scholar said "not all muslims are terrorists, but virtually all terrorists are muslims."

Aloha,
Al
Viet Nam 71-72
US Army 70-97

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tacan70UDN wrote:
I agree with ashter that Islam is basically a peaceful religion. I too have lived more than four years in Islamic countries and got to know the people. Like any religion, Islam can be perverted for political reasons. No need to paint the whole Islamic world with the terrorist brush.

I too have lived in Islamic countries and although they say they are peaceful, and outwardly act such, I found many are just masking an inward hatred they have for what they see us as, the infadel. I know, I have suffered at the hands of "peaceful Islamists".

I was once asked by one such "peaceful Islamist" where I come from?
"The street or the garbage". I find it hard to believe that there is such a thing as a truly "peaceful Islamist".

Point in case, we are helping the Iraqis towards democracy. An Iraqi cabinet member when to Isreal to learn how to deal with terrorists. He was fired by his cabinet, because he went to Isreal and sought their advice. I realize that is a whole other issue, but it does not sound peaceful to me. Nothing is ever really peaceful in the Islamic world, I know from personal experience.
ProudDaughterofVet
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must agree with my friend doll..I just can not see any peaceful intentions inside the world of Islam. Where are the peace leaders inside the faith? I hear none. I hear hatred. I heard Jiihad. I hear kill all Americans. I hear evil talk.

It will take a revolution inside the religion itself to change not only the perception, but the reality that we face today.

PD

www.timetotakeastand.blogspot.com
Detective
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islamic terrorism being one of the mainstays of my private investigation/intelligence firms along with taking up much of the space on my companys website, I must agree that there are no credible Islamic/moslem anti terrorism groups in existance.There are several that say they are such as "CAIR" but sadly, they have had so many of their members and founders arrested and detained,thrown in jail and Indicted that they hardly exist as credible.Fact is, they have so many ties to the terrorist group HAMAS it makes ones head spin.

In fact, There is a counter website to CAIR called Anti-Cair ran by a brave american friend of mine named Andy Whitehead who is now in a lenghty lawsuit brought on by CAIR(council of Islamic Relations) or better known as Americas public relations agent for HAMAS.Plenty of Jewish hatred to be found on their website...of course they never say "JEW", like many terrorist supporting muslim-american sites...they mask their nazi like hatred of jews with the politically correct term "ZIONISTS"

Note to CAIR: Listen up ********,I'm neither Jewish nor Israeli But I am a Proud ZIONIST! Fact is, whoever you dont like, I like Laughing (BUSH,the GOP,SBVT, Christians etc etc etc)Funniest thing in the world happend to me, I train with several SWAT teams and one SWAT team member in Los Angeles sent me a pamplet sent out by CAIR to Law Enforcement Agencies on "How to deal with Muslims In Law enforcement situations"...OMG! They want us to treat them different then everyone else.typical religious whackos. Problem with talking about religion is that chances are some fanatic will become offended ...and then they come after you with machetes. Cool

If you would like a long list of terrorist supporting islamic groups in America feel free to ask,just dont want to bore everyone with these terrorist supporting azzwipes or give them anymore coverage then they already get.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: